1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time once again to try Aron brooks??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ansfjs73, Mar 14, 2008.

1. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

Boby Jackson has given us nothing, and we really need a play maker aside from Tmac and Rafer. I say that Boby Jacksons minutes should go to AB and Luther head.

Also on thing I have noticed that Luther has started to drive a lot, but is not getting enough minutes..

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Brooks, sure why not. Sir Brick-A-Lot can't be any worse.

3. zforrest

zforrest Member

YES. Bobby Jackson is teh suxorz.

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

im on the anti-bobby jackson bandwagon. i keep hoping and eagerly await the day he makes me eat my words with a big play, but excluding the dallas game he's played horribly. adelman trusts him so he must do something right, but it sure is hard to see what. if dribbling out the clock is all you're looking for, im pretty sure brooks could do it and maybe make a layup while he's at it.

5. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

Bobby Jax has been OK at best....But AB has been WORST at best.

I'd take experience at the PG position over developing AB.

6. lastmanstanding

BJax has REALLY played poorly as of late. Except for the Chicago and Dallas game, he has sucked. Play AB, i trust him more.

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Yes. Brooks deserves another chance.

8. dookiester

dookiester Member

i dont know where this comes from. bjax got his pocket plundered multiple times by jannero pargo. i have much more trust in brooks to handle the ball without getting straight ripped over and over. bobby may play with energy, but even at 110% he's about 50% as quick as aaron brooks, and correspondingly poor ball handling. they're both struggling from the field, but at least brooks has room to improve. what we're seeing out of bjax are pretty much his CAREER numbers (and that's a long career).

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

jax lost minutes to pargo in NO.

that is a real sign that hes past his contrbuting days.

however, in the playoffs those kind of vets prove their worth.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

As Rafer has proven, you can't judge the quality of PG play just by whether the player is hitting shots. Jackson knows our system, he's a veteran, and he'll make better decisions than Brooks. Adelman is going to stick with him, unless things really get out of hand.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You have forgotten just how bad AB was playing. From my standpoint, he was basically in meltdown mode. He forgot how to pass, wasn't hitting his shots and wasn't playing any defense. The Rockets had no choice but to get another backup PG. I want to see a different AB next November.

12. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

People who don't know this don't watch all the Rox games

13. noize

noize Contributing Member

Hell yes!!! Brooks deserves it and he brings energy. Why no play time?!!!

14. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

In the immortal words of Charles Oakley: "If it ain't broke, Don't break it."

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Right Bobby's having really tough time. He just cant make any shoot. That's frustrating but I belive he will get it rolling quickly. I really belive he can help us in the playoffs, he is a veteran.

As for Brooks - I love this guy but only when he understands that nobody can stop him with his speed. I don't like his 3pt shooting. We may try even Jackson+Brooks backcourt when for example Luther is useless like he was tonight.

16. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

ab was playing bad for a stretch, but he has shown that he's good. he needs to play. he's the fastest player in the NBA bar NONE. that has to be useful.

17. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I like Brooks but he's too wild and green. The little guy get stuff too often when he's going for a layup.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It may take AB a couple of years to figure it out. I'm disappointed he regressed after showing promise earlier in the season but that's the way it is with rookies. His day will come.

19. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I don't know, I think we should start making changes around our 24th victory in row.

20. quickballah

quickballah Member

Bobby Jackson plays better defense and i trust experience over a rook