1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Welcome Back Skip!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bandwagoner, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Because he has always done those things extremely well.

His turnover to assist ratio has always been awesome. (unless you count airballs, bricks and teardrops as TO's).

Under JVG we had no offense without him.

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Dude....STFU....rafer is a big reason we have had this streak....he donsnt do well..We almost lose.........Mcgrady fought out of a slum to bring uss back.......So quit riding the hater dick and enjoy basketball

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

What stands out to me is how critical PG play is in the league today. Rafer does not have a distinguished career: check his career stats. For the most part he has been a bench/role player. BUT, during the streak he has played at a very high level. He returns to earth (briefly I hope) and the Rockets struggle mightily. There is a connection. Conclusion (same one I have had since he has been a Rocket): he is not the long term solution at PG. Obviously, this was the Rockets conclusion since they brought in every PG possible to replace him. Then they trade Bonzi for BJ, who isn't really any better, maybe not as good. Remember, Rafer is a career 30 something percent shooter. Only in the streak has he become a "consistent" shooter. Until tonight.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

They are more dependant on him to do well. When he broke his leg the first year he was here our offense went to crap.

5. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

I'm so glad the Rafer haters were waiting in the wings to post this...ah, it just didn't feel like clutchfans without a Rafer sucks thread.

Seriously, Rafer has played awesome...we can cut him some slack on a bad game...especially when they won!

6. CG202

CG202 Contributing Member

Because he got guts when everybody is cold? :mad:

7. yaorta

yaorta Member

that's bad, but someone was worse than him

8. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

O well of course not. That would be strict Rox blasphemy. Clutch would take vengeance upon thy.

9. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i'm not even white and i take offense to your signature. i imagine you must share a similar view to malcolm x to use it as your sig?

10. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

He hit a big three in there.
    His handles were good.
    And he has been exceptional 9 out of 10 days since 2008.

We need Rafer this next week. Get off his back and show him some support.
    Did you see the interview after the Hornets game, where Rafer called out the media for hating on him. I just wonder how much fan hatred affects the players.

Support our team.

11. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

Yao, call Rafer and remind him to practice more!

12. Lightinfantry

Lightinfantry Member

We can trust Rafer. He is not the old one and he knows what he should do.

13. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Give Rafer a break. I mean I honestly didnt think he could play at the level he's been playing for so long. Like someone else said, it's only one game. We really need him to play well next week though.

Also, if anyone should be ragged on it's Bobby "I refuse to push the ball/use the glass" Jackson. I know that we're usually + in scoring when he's only the floor, but can the guy look any slower with the ball in his hands? And I don't know how many times tonight he held the rock in the corner and basically killed 2/3 of the shot clock. We got him for when Rafer has games like this. He better start squaring up that jumper of his and knocking a few more down.

14. rocketsmetalspd

RA was due to have a bad game but even with the whole team not being well on the offense end the team still won the game. It is good to get a bad game out of the way with Bobcats, Lakers, Celtics, and Hornets in the wings.

15. Precision340

Precision340 Member

this thread fails!! skip hit a key 3 for us in the 4th... he's been playing great during this streak... the whole team didn't shoot quite well but the defense, as always, kept us in the game... c'mon man support our team!! they just made HISTORY!!!

16. FFz

FFz Member

Booo! Every all-star pgs have off nights! I personally blame Deke's party the night before!

17. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Had it nor been for Scola's offensive rebound, or Hayes' tip backs, we might not have won this game. I guarantee EVERYONE would be on Rafer had we lost this game. That point blank layup he missed was awful. Thank god for Luis Scola.

18. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Why, exactly, did the Rockets trade for him?

19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

must suck to be a hater these days. anxiously waiting for a slip, however marginal. having to pounce on the flimsiest opening ... meanwhile this TEAM just keeps trucking on, exposing the hated as small.

20-0 baby! :cool:

20. thech0senone

thech0senone Contributing Member

Yeah Rafer had an off night, it happens. But he has been playing extremely well that I think he deserves a pass on this one. RA may have been fine with him taking those extra shots in hoping that he could find his rhythm.