1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AP] Alston rises to star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by doublebogey, Mar 11, 2008.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I'm loving his play but let me say this:

I will be pretty pissed if anyone, that means Scola, Landry, Battier, Alston, Mutombo, McGrady, etc. don't show up for the playoffs. It's easy to start ordering our championship T-shirts but don't forget that sometimes regular season prowess doesn't transfer over to the playoffs. It's a whole different ballgame.

That said...

Rafer>CP3/Nash/DWill/Roy/Iverson/Billups COMBINED. :D

2. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

How bad was he really playing early in the season?

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

4. mzymmm

mzymmm Rookie

/thread

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We'd tell you, but you'd give us noise about being too negative. Look it up -- it's not too hard.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I hope Rafer isn't having a Brett Boone type career.

7. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I'm curious, is this what the actual shirt said? Or was this photoshopped. If that's what it really said then what is the meaning behind it.......

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

it's what Rafer had to say after last season was over...

it's real and the back said "will U?"

well, will you?

9. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

No need, I was there.
    I was alluding to whether it was solely Alston not playing well, or the whole team.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Alston's had some impressive games... what's a Rafer hater to do? If he can maintain this level of play in the playoffs, I'd be ecstatic, but my head just may explode. ;)

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While Rafer definitely needed to improve his shooting, I always thought (and said so here) that he got a bum rap a lot of the time last year because there were many stretches in games when every other player, not named Tracy or Yao, was afraid to shoot the ball. So you often had Rafer taking low percentage shots by default. That's not a problem this year and Rafer and the team are much better for it.

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I remember this same talk about how we would never win a championship with Kenny Smith as PG either...