1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harris-Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Yao, Mar 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Just what exactly were you expecting?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hah, I watched him in person today less than 5 feet away, the guy is MASSIVE, and aggressive....he will be a big asset....

DD

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

My thoughts? Well my thoughts are YOU ARE A DUMB ASS! Its just one game you fool Mike Harris right now is better than Gerald Green and for Justin Williams give the kid sometime geez.

4. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

I thought Harris did pretty good. He wasn't bad at all. The only thing I didn't like about him was his lack of lateral quickness to defend the swingmen.

5. DaDakota

I was watching that closely, I think he was a little too close to his man, if he backed up a step, he would have been fine.

But certainly something to watch for over the next couple of weeks.

DD

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

Well here's hoping the Rockets trainers can add 4 inches to Harris's vertical too. Still won't be as impressive as Landry though. I would venture to say that in summer league, the reason Harris grabbed so many rebounds is the same way he did last night. He simply doens't quit going after the ball. Might not jump as high, might not be tall as others, but the dude just keeps going after the ball.

7. DaDakota

He has plenty of ups......let's watch him over the next few games.....he plays with fire....our new Mario Elie...

:D

DD

8. poprocks

poprocks Member

Everybody plays with Rick Adleman. Makes ya wonder how a certain pg would have done in the Adleman system.

9. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

is it just me, or is "wow. just wow." getting REAAAALLLY old now? :confused:

10. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

11. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

12. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

i agree with u 100%. i think half of these posters are immature dont know jack......with that being said wait until harris or williams has a break game. i think only practice will make them better once they get situated.

13. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

I think Harris is a little bit tight tonight

and Williams make me a little bit disappointed

14. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

It is just one game~

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

19 games straight and people on here can still feel the
    need to point out negatives, even if they do revolve around our 10 and 11th men.

16. yaorta

yaorta Member

it's not gonna hurt, they are lowcost

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Gerald, is that you?

18. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, another low quality and not-well-thought-out comment out from the rear !! :D

Well Gerald Green is gone, waived.......evaporated.

Even though both players are on 10-days' contract, as a head coach, you should not write them off, aliening them by not involving them, and not teaching them the X and O of the team's O&D.

Basektball is basketball and there is no so-called nuclear secret.

And remember when Mike Harris was sent on court, it was still early in the 2Q, and the Rockets were only leading by 5 points. If Mike Harris did not have a slightest idea of the O&D of the Rockets, do you think Adelman will still give him play minutes by risking the team's chance to win?? :rolleyes:

And there is always a chance that if they play great, they will be signed for longer term afterwards.....you never know.

19. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I love the additions of Justin and Mike, they're hustling, rebounding and soon they'll both know the system.

Mike Harris is huge, I think that lot of people don't see it, he's very aggressive and strong unlike the other Mike we traded.

Nevertheless Harris knows the high motion offense since he was at training camp with other players, guy will adapt quickly.

Williams on the other side is secret, don't know the player very well, so I'll not judge him by the stats, he proved he's a good rebounder and has big body mass and is very young.

20. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I think that Gilbert Arenas wouldn't agree with you on that one.

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=400032200&start=0