1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 3/6/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Love it, beat the mavs badly :eek:

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

hey guys I watched the game tonight but I wasn't sure, did the Mavericks play with or without Dirk?

I mean I think I heard them talking about Dirk the whole game but I never saw him on the floor so I am just curious.

3. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Dirk got suspended because of a flagrant foul he committed in the Jazz game so yeah, he didnt play

4. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

HUGE i mean HUGE games from Rafer, T-Mac and Landry were the reason we won tonight.

5. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah they kept mentioning how the Mavs were without Dirk, but only mentioned Yao was out maybe once.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

yeah sorry that was a lame attmpt at a joke.

7. alaskansnowman

The minute Rafer comes back down to earth, we will be unable to beat the good teams.

So, here's to Rafer keepin it up.

8. ibm

ibm Member

this is the sweetest win in the streak for me just because we beat dallas. only next time when we beat the lakers will make me happier... the only imperfection tonight was they didn't have dirk the flopper... rafer is playing like an allstar... and mcgrady's jab at barkley was priceless...

9. landryfans

landryfans Member

I need game archive.

I FALL IN SLEEP everytime while waiting for last 3 rocket's games.

And when i wake up, the game just finished...i am in Europe.

:mad:

I should try sit rather than on bed.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

written before this game.

11. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

love this team. such heart. we will keep going. the rest of this year is going to be fun to watch.

12. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

any links to postgame interviews?

would love to hear RickAdelman's post game interview.

13. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

what was that crazy stat the end of the game? 18 assists and only 1 turnover? :cool:

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

great W but saturday's game is even bigger with the one team above us that we can catch next coming into Houston.

Regardless of what NO does tomorrow against the nets if we in on saturday we move up to the third seed!

great game again but everyone, rafer and tracy stepped it up big time and Carl was huge in the second qtr keeping the offense going while tmac took a rest.

just love the hustle and heart of this team.

15. LittleWilly

LittleWilly Member

Hot damn! The Rockets keep winning and they are beating teams by 10+! I'm really impressed and can't wait for New Orleans.

16. ThaBlackKnight

Tracy McGrady is playing the best all-around basketball of his career right now. He's getting his teamates involved and getting them easy shots. He's playing with a high intensity on defense, and he can always put up 30 when needed, or if he wants to prove Barkley wrong. In the absence of Yao, Tmac has taken leadership of this team.

Rafer played a great game as well on both sides of the ball, and protected the ball. He's been playing much better all year, which I think is because of Rick Adelman's system. He may have benefited the most from it.

Shane Battier did a solid job defending Josh Howard, and hit a few 3's as well, and attacked the basket when he had the chance.

Scola and Landry as a combination are better than most starting power forwards in the league, besides Tim Duncan and KG.

Deke got to rest again tonight, and did a solid job on the boards and on D.

Bobby Jackson really impressed me, because he shot terribly last night, but being the veteran that he is, he didn't let that bother him. He came out on fire today.

Luther, although he didn't score much, he did get an easy dunk for Landry, and considering we had one of our main bench scorers, not scoring today, makes this win even more impressive. We're a very flexible team now.

This team is showing mental toughness and a lot of resilliancy, kind of how the 95 Rockets team thought. Hopefully the end result will be the same. EVERYBODY doubted that team as well...

17. xuel

xuel Member

congraduations!!
    unbelievable

18. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

I disagree. When Rafer comes back to earth we'll stop BLOWING OUT good teams and just play competitive with them instead. We will still be able to beat them but will have to work for it.

The Scola and Landry show isn't going to be stopping any time soon. I mean what are the other good teams going to do, play T-mac 1 on 1 out on the elbow and watch him light them up....?

19. exiaol

exiaol Contributing Member

Props also to the guy holding the sign "17-0, Go Rockets". Way to represent!

20. demon77

demon77 Member

17th win! nice!!! (just got home)