1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. tph crew

tph crew Member

im a true rockets fan but damn guys i cant say enough about how sexy kobe is.. i mean have you seen his dimples

2. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Ok, the three post I've looked in, in the last minute and a half ,you've said the same thing, over and over. Looks like you want to be a rookie for awhile.

I've been a Rocket fan since 86

3. dshay7

dshay7 Member

Grew up in Brenham, not far from Houston, and started loving the Rockets ever since my Grandfather got me an Akeem Olajuwon poster during his rookie year, '84-85 when I was 10 years old. Now I'm 33 and live in Austin, and I'm still a diehard Rockets fan.

Some notables:

- Went to the 1989 NBA All Star game in the Astrodome
    - Met Hakeem at a booksigning in Houston when he released his autobiography, got a picture with him and his autograph.
    - Have a piece of the original floor of the Houston Summit after they changed it in 1995-96.
    - Been to plenty of regular season games
    - Went to a 1998 playoff game against Utah with my face painted and got interviewed by Channel 13 news
    - For those who have Facebook and are "Houston Rockets Fans", I'm in the top 10 trivia answerers. (I realize that's kind of cheesy, but not bad out of 25,000 people!)

All that to say.....I love the Rockets!!

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm 27. Been a fan since, say, March of 1992.

5. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Damn we're from the same place! :)

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're doing this again?? ;)

Huge UH basketball fan, at least when Guy Lewis was coach, and first followed the (San Diego) Rockets when they drafted Elvin Hayes. I was completely bummed when Elvin was traded within a year of the team moving to Houston. Been a Rockets fan for a long time.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm 35, grew up in Houston, and have been a fan since our first finals appearance with Big Mo.

8. sinokobe

sinokobe Member

24, China, since Yao was picked

9. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

Rockets fan since the T-Mac trade.

10. cson

cson Contributing Member

'91, Houston

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

21...followed them closely since I went to my first Rockets game on January 18, 1994 (a loss to Boston :().

12. tuus

tuus Member

34 years old, from Estonia (small country in Europe..)
    fan since 1989-90 because of Hakeem

13. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

:confused:

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Born and raised in northwest Houston (FM 1960 area). Rockets fan since 1972 and have been a fan even while I lived in Austin, Lubbock and now Dallas. First started going to Rockets' games when they were played at Hofheinz Pavilion and later at the Summit.

15. Sirton

Sirton Contributing Member

Im 33 yrs old born and raised in Houston and still living in Houston. Family has had season tickets since around 1980. Remember being a fan since the Ralph Sampson, Akeem, twin towers and the ivory tower days First game went too was when we played the Celtics in the finals and Ive been hooked since.

16. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

This is so impressive!

17. BiggetyBalla

BiggetyBalla Member

Born and raised in Katy, Tx. Been a fan as long as I can remember because of Hakeem and the fact that I support all Htown teams.

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

1994-1995 (the hakeem years: my dad would always brag about him)

15 yrs old

East Houston area, just inside the I-10 loop!!

19. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

on the chat section

or to watch live streaming: go to channelsurfing.net

20. tofu_alligator

tofu_alligator New Member

Born in Montrose, Houston and grew up in the midwest. I have been a die-hard rockets fan since the age of 9 in '92 and been going to games, watching games, and riding the roller-coaster of being a Rockets fan. From the playoff loss in Seattle to back to back championships, all the ill fated draft picks and trades, free agent signings and power forward failures, to Stevie full circle; and a good young core with our bread and butter, Yao and T-mac. I have seen Rockets games in various cities, most recently I have taken advantage of being courtside at Oracle Arena twice a year, loudly cheering the Rockets -- to the dismay of courtside season ticket holders grumbling "Where did you get those tickets anyway?"

I hope to one day like my father in the 80's enjoy the privilege of a luxury box in Houston when, hopefully, the arena is full and bubbling like the Rowdies make it in their section.

And I'd put my trivia up there against most.