1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Htowns_Finest

Htowns_Finest Member

Spring or 1960 area.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Wow Im still in high school :eek:

3. killahflip

killahflip Contributing Member

Been a Rockets fan since 1984..the year I moved from the Philippines to the US. I was 10 years old at the time.

The Rox were playing Celtics in the Finals and I was hooked ever since! Now I'm in Dubai for my job but I try to catch my Rockets whenever they are on NBA TV..but mainly I rely on R2K's rockets highlights and this board for my Rockets Fix. :D

#183 killahflip, Mar 5, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL!!! This is funny stuff coming from a Bulls fan!
    hahahahaha

5. marmand

marmand New Member

I am from the Philippines and I have been a die hard fan since 1985. ;)

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Born in Houston, moved to Sugar Land back when the population there was only 3300. Went to high school at Dulles.

Started following the Rockets around the time they arrived in town. Used to go to a lot of games in the Summit by using a discount coupon that you'd find on the side of milk cartons. Tickets for $6 or so.

Moved to Los Angeles in 1987 and am proud to say I have NEVER become a Lakers fan. Lived in NYC for a few years, including during the two championships.

Now back on the West Coast in Studio City.

One more thing: For us out-of-towners, NBA League Pass is a miracle. :D

7. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I'm in San Francisco. I've been a Rockets fan since 1991 when my older brother bought me an Olajuwon rookie card, which I still have.

8. dionysus180

dionysus180 Member

i am from shandong province of China
    a long time be a big basketball fans and crazy about rox since 2002

goooooooooooooo,rox!

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

topfive i am in the culver city/west LA area we should def meet up to watch a few games together

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

hi Trini! Jamaican yard man here, so you're not alone. well, i spend about equal parts of the year in Houston(Sugar Land really) & Mandeville, Jamaica. but i travel more than i'm in either place.

[​IMG]

i've done a few geophysical surveys in your lovely island, well mostly off the north coast, marine. luv macaroni pie, bus' up "shut", roti, and your lovely women. i was there when you guys qualified for the word cup finals.

been a Rocket fan since 86 when i first saw the natural wonder called Dream.

did i mention my appreciation of your gorgeous women?! dang, they're foine!

11. erying007

erying007 Contributing Member

Born in China, raised in France. In 2003, heard that a Chinese dude was drafted number 1 and playing in Houston. Checked it out and then became a nba and rockets fan...

12. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

I am from Beaumont TX, always been a rockets fan was lucky enough to live in Humble in the clutch city days and see the dream in person at one point my old band wrote a rock and roll song about him beating down shaq

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'd be up for that. Laugh at the Lakers fans, too!

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

sweet i think you can email me through the board i need to get in touch with the SD peeps i havent seen them in a minute i went down there last year to watch a game i should do that again soon

15. bungle

bungle Contributing Member

i don't post very often obviously, but i felt compelled....i've always been a fan since i can remember...i have game 5 rockets v. lakers (86) on vhs and the entire 86 finals on audio tape (gene and jim).

16. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Hey im from Australia im 16 and i've been a fan 4 about 3 years now

17. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Reside in Sydney, Australia. I'm 26.

Been following the Rockets when Yao was drafted in '02. Favourite player is McGrady, obviously.

I try to follow Gamecast and nba.com live audio of Rox games when I can, and I live by R2K's Rockets clips.

Would die to go to a Rockets game one day!

18. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Born in Kansas. Moved to Houston at age 13 and became a Rockets fan starting in 1984-85. Rooted on the Rockets through good and bad and hopefully soon, good times. Was in SoCal during the championship years as a member of the USMC. Hopefully soon, will get to truly feel the euphoria once again that only a championship brings! Go Rockets!

Now age 38 and I have been and always will bleed Rockets red. :D

19. chonox

chonox Member

rox fan since yao got drafted in '02, i loved eddie griffin, mobley, francis n yao back then when i first started watching. i am 21 ths year and am from australia, R2K is my hero.

20. raysoon

raysoon Member

though I am a 21 young guy ,but a old rox fan from china.I have watch the rox game since 2002.but not only because of Yao,I used to be a big fun of Vince Carter,It says that "Love me.love my dog" ,so I start to direct my attention to his brother T-mac!and now ,a big big big...fun of T-mac!!!
    I can find a lot of exciting in the rox game!I can say I almost haven't lost any Rox game every season!
    Now we are in a 15 winning streak!but I don't think It is already enough for us ,am I right? everybody? :D