1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long have you been a Rockets fan and where are you from?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. kona-

kona- Member

Born in Ireland, moved to Houston when I was 13, started watching basketball and fell in love with the Rockets. Im 21 now.

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Became a Rockets fan since I moved to Houston in 99. Now in the hell hole called Dallas, and hate the Mavs to the guts.

3. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

You're not alone, one of my best buddies here at IU came over from Karachi (he's back there now). I forced him to watch the games with me, and now he's a follower.

We cried on each other's shoulders after game 7 last season. Proof positive that Rox love transcends cultures.

4. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

I'am from Turkey and Rockets fan since 2004 . We build the first Turkish Houston Rockets fans website in here , it's www.roxturk.com

5. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Rockets fan since I first began watching the NBA in the 1994 Playoffs at age 13. Reason? I was always the Rockets on Tecmo NBA Basketball and knew the player names. The rest is history. I'm from Kentucky, living in Portland now.

6. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

San Diego. Fan since either '72 or '73.

7. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

7, been a fan since i was 5

8. Cohen

Very cool. :cool:

How did you pick the Rockets?

#28 Cohen, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  9. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

I am 35, born and raised in Egypt, moved to Houston in 1992 and have been a ROX fan since

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

born in houston. moved to dallas. fan since 1986 - robert reid days. yea buddy.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Born in Houston in '85, moved in '90, came back in '92 and been a fan ever since.

12. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

I was born in China, became a Rockets fan in 2004.

I'm studying in Canada now, and all the Chinese guys I know of cliam to be Rockets fans. Of course, some of them only follow the game casually, and lost interest when Yao was out; knee-jerk fans... But also lots of fanatic fans that loves Rockets as a team, just as me, and we will gather around weekly and cheer for the Rockets...

Let's go for the 16-0!

13. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

13 yrs, Edinburgh, Scotland. My friend's dad used to play for the national team for scotland, he and my dad got me into it.

14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

born in india came to Los Angeles in 85 became a rockets fan in 88 when attending my first NBA game and been hooked since.

i never lived in houston at all my entire life :eek:

15. Cohen

Awesome city there, amazing country. Really enjoyed Skye also.

16. bloop

bloop Member

Me china. Me watch houstorn rocket for 2-3 year.

I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!!!

nah, I'm from NY, used to be casually interested in the rockets since their championship days in the 90s. Like 99% of America started paying more attention to Houston after they drafted Yao in 2002 and they went from being a regional team into a team with national interest

I'd say I've been a FAN of the rockets since they got tmac and the will they/wont they storyline became one of the most interesting things in the NBA.

unlike the bull**** hype that the NBA manufactures to market kobe and co. yao and tmac are two of the most interesting players in the NBA with a combination of extreme (unique) talent and deep deep flaws perhaps more dramatic than any other in the league. WILL THEY GET OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND? CAN THEY WIN IT ALL? every year houston is a team with the pure talent for an NBA championship that may crumble in a first round exit. it's pretty good drama.

I also like the fact that Houston enjoys underdog status with both the media and NBA officials. following a team like the Spurs or LA, who are groomed and petted by Stern would make me puke

Like most americans I'm not really much of a basketball fan outside of certain players and teams. Prefer the NFL and MMA

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Some mighty young fans we have here. :eek:

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

haha thats crazy. i couldn't root for a team thats not my hometown. did you watch a lot of Rocket games even though you live in LA?

19. Coog

Coog Member

Native Houstonian. First Rockets game was at Hofheinz Pavilion back in 1972 - Rockets and Knicks. I was seven, and it was the same day as Super Bowl VI that the Cowboys won over Miami. I remember the score being flashed on the scoreboard during the game. Rockets weren't all that good, but the Knicks had Frazier, DeBusschere, Willis Reed, etc. If I recall correctly, Phil Jackson was a reserve on that team--I seem to recall a very skinny kid with a big hippie Afro. Ah, the Seventies....

20. bloop

bloop Member

cant understand a damn word but that's a nice looking site

this page in particular with the history of the rox, with hakeem and rudy T and the houston skyline heh

http://www.roxturk.com/takim-tarihi.html