1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Highlights of Carl Landry Owning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jump shooter

jump shooter Member

Agree, Green has some skills as far as shooting (which is hard to teach) and athletism go, but he definetly needs some polish and more knowledge of the game (ie.defense & total floor game). I like the trade for him and wonder where he would be picked if he were coming out of this upcoming 2008 draft. He just needs to raise his BBIQ and he'll eventually get some clock next season.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Did any of you watch the NCAA tournanment and the work he put in against Horford and Noah. The guy was a beast and Purdue had scrubs and only lost by 7 to the 2 time defending champion with 3 1st round draft choices.

Stop commenting on dudes you've never seen play before.

3. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

I was hoping for videos but I enjoyed the thread probably more this way.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Member

This is an old thread brought back to humilate some people, who probably deserves it though.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Good thread.

now you own us some Landry videos.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HIbzmJeB9U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5HIbzmJeB9U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6LIwVlwaQk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6LIwVlwaQk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DT--BYLMCJI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DT--BYLMCJI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. txppratt

txppratt Member

ha ha! i love this thread.

though eventually i'll show up in one of them for being VERY WRONG!

... ;)

8. johnkamla

johnkamla Member

Carl Herrera is my favorite poster on this board. Un-impulsive and insightful.

Keep it up, Carl!

9. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Member

Cmon now... we still don't know how Fesenko will turn out.

;)

10. RocketRedd45

RocketRedd45 Member

Wow he owned Tim Duncan HARD.... watch the ball smack TD in the face after a put back dunk :D

11. pirc1

pirc1 Member

The best dunk this year by a rocket! :D

12. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

When we got Landry I was laughing my ass off. Damm I was wrong.

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I hoped maybe he could fill in when Chuck or Scola was hurt. Heard he had a semi-decent jumper. I was hoping for a short Juwan Howard. Then he had a pretty encouraging camp (overshadowed by Harris a bit) and the reports were that we had Chuck Hayes with a jumpshot on our hands. Still didn't think he'd play much at all this season and the beginning of the year backed that up. Then Carl Landry started dunking on fools and couldn't stop.

I like Chuck, but Chuck finishes IN HIS DREAMS like Carl Landry.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

As soon as Landry figures out to use that forehead of his as an offensive weapon against the likes of Stoudamire and Duncan, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with. He'll be the unstoppable headbutt! lol

15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Member

Like most people, I was like, "Landry who?" and I was pissed we picked up another point guard when we had so many. Glad to say I was wrong. Can we all at least agree to give Morey the benefit of the doubt next year if he picks another unknown quantity? If he strikes gold two years in a row, he might even get to the point where we root for the unknowns, thinking Morey has better evaluators than everyone else out there, like the Spurs. Every year they draft some Euro guy no one has heard of and stash him overseas and everyone's like, "dont' know who that is but the spurs know what they're doing. He'll be another Ginobili or Parker in a few years..."

16. pirc1

pirc1 Member

You mean Scola? :D

17. mj10501

mj10501 Member

same here...i saw some clips of him from college and honestly wasn't impressed. i'm glad to admit that i was wrong about him!

it came in the aftermath of using our first round pick on our 23849729753th point guard, so drafting an undersized power forward that no one had heard of wasn't exactly easy to be excited about. i'm rooting for scola and landry to split ROY honors ;)

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

yah and Aaron Brooks got signed for a lot more money than Landry.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

The kid's got the talent, that's for sure. Maybe a good coaching staff will make him work harder on the things he's lacking. Green is great example of a kid who would have benefited by at LEAST one year in a good college program. There's only so much you can learn in high school ball and in rec leagues, because the best coaches tend to be at the college and pro level.

But can you imagine? If Green actually puts forth the effort and learns the nuances of the game and combines that knowledge with his amazing athleticism, he might just get this board to finally STFU about Rudy Gay.

20. rocketsfaninsa

b/c some ppl make assumptions even before a guy touches the court...and they need to be called out on their hasty generalization! i love rocketsfan11, what do you think now? would seattle pay us to get him back?