1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dedicated Thread on Yao Ming's Rehabilitation (2008)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Feb 27, 2008.

Tags:
  1. DreamRoxCoogFan

lmao at the fries... didnt know that the players were exposed to that toyota center stuff

2. jlwee

jlwee Member

I m not as free as you to count how many games yao had palyed for CNT! Please tell me did yao get to rest in summer of 2003 to 2006? Last summer yao didnt play for CNT was basically he is injured! What do you expect?

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Is that justcallmejoe in the background?

Hmmmmmmm......

4. jlwee

jlwee Member

From this post i can tell that you are a teenager. A working man will know your boss dont pay you to skip office and yao is paid 10 millions to play basketball for Houston Rockets. Is completely different issue playing in NBA and your own country!

5. Tuan

Tuan Member

You should take a chill pill. I think what the article meant was setup of his parents to the fact that he was enrolled into basketball camp at an early age. Stop reading between the lines.

I am sure YAO does NOT want to play the majority of CNT games. I can see him waiting to play for the Olympics or any major event, but most of the CNT games are pointless. He gains nothing from playing every summer with CNT team. Its great that he wants to represent his country, but its also ignorant to think he wants to join the CNT team every summer.

6. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

You don't bother to get facts, but you still want to throw things and claim they are facts. Brilliant.

Are you blaming Yao's fractured foot on his playing in the summers of 2003 and 2006? He got good rest last summer and he still got hurt this winter.

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Ikarus... are you melting?

8. jlwee

jlwee Member

Stress fracture is caused by repeated stress and not just by a month or a year!

9. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

nobody says yao wants to play for every CNT game. It is Yao's decision.

Yao was enrolled in basketball camp at an early age. Does that sound weird?

The article said yao's birth was manipulated. It event suggests Yao's everything was manipulated. Isn't it sick?

10. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

You are the doctor. I have to say you are right.
    Maybe Yao should have got his summer off since he was 6. That would make him be healthy for RoX. Oh, that would make him "manipulated" for Rox. too bad.

11. jlwee

jlwee Member

Your reply is getting childish, I m done with you!

Go Rockets Go!

12. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

ROX pays yao to play NBA games. Yao chooses to play several games in summer. Yao becomes injury prone. Yao gets hurt every year. This is not a good employee if Rox thinks yao should take a break in summer.
    What keeps Rox keeping this bad employee "Yao"?

13. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

your reply doesn't get childish, but I am done with anyway.

14. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Great one sided article, Wojnarowski.

- Yao plays probably 2 months for CNT every year, but 7 months for NBA.

- Playing in the summer, he probably played 10 games, mostly easy games, since his competition sucked. For NBA, especially this season, he was played almost 40 min per game, basically about every other day, running up and down the court.

- FIBA games are shorter at 10 min per quarter, and the short clock is longer at 30 secs, which means Yao doesn't have to run up and down the court that many times. This compared to NBA anyway at 24 secs shot clocks and 12 min quarters.

I am no Chinese, and definitely don't like Chinese hard core training method, but again last year Yao was excused from most training. He was strength training with Rox trainers most of the time by himself.

Get the fact straight. No wonder you are writing for Yahoo Sports instead of a real sports media.

15. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

we shoudlve know it when we decide to draft him. He'll always be playing for CNT, especially for the Olympics. That's who Yao really is.
    Maybe they'll be eliminated in 3 games..

16. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

you don't know anything about basketball in olympics. It takes five. :D

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

I predict justcallmejoe will come here and post a thread saying "Yao will return tomorrow, brace ourselves for the best" in April to redeem himself.

18. rocketsinsider

Speedy recovery Yao!!!! We are with you 100%

19. rocketsinsider

haha actually thats chinese candy, its like little stripes of bread that u can dip in strawberry or chocolate sauce, pretty good. Not exactly that healthy tho.

20. FFz

FFz Member

You know that burn would really hurt if you didn't put the 30 second shot clock comment... its 24.