1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Wizards @ Rockets 2/26/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

we were up 25 points and he was trying to warm up. Whats the big deal? Realistically he could have taken 2 or 3 from near half court and i wouldn't have cared. If anybody can make them from that far out... its tracy. :D

2. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

guys, no worries, will start losing when gerald starts missin!! :D:D:D

3. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

I had to work late so I missed the game. When I got back home and checked the box and saw that he was 3/3 I laughed out loud. I'm going to have to check out the video of the game.

4. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

i dont think ive ever seen tmac dunk like that twice in one game since 2003, WOW....and the dunk by green was pretty nifty too....14 wins and runnin'

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

I want the Rockets to go on to break 15 wins and beat Dallas so bad.

6. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Someone needs to make a dunk mix of this game. Even the ones that didn't count by Landry.

7. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Unless, in head to head matchups, or better conference record, I think are the tie breakers because ... the Rockets got home court vs Utah by virtue of a tiebreaker.

8. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

does anyone have pictures of tracy's second dunk and geralds dunk? they were similar so I wanted to put them side by side for a sig for realgm hahaha

9. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

if you watched the game on tv, did you see a group of 4 guys holding a poster that said "cupcake" with a picture of one or a poster that said "we love mutombo"?

10. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

lol...I'm sure they will regret that one.

11. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

So me and a bunch of friends all got tickets tonight and sat together. To be honest, we weren't too excited about it come lunch time, when we heard Yao was out for the rest of the season.

While standing in the "Will Call" line, we made jokes about China pulling Yao away from the Rockets for good, which starts WWIII (Texas versus China), so we can get Yao back. The problem, we concluded, would be that Yao would ultimately fight for his country, meaning Yao and T-Mac would meet as warriors on the front lines. However, they would probably break their legs or feet or backs while running to meet each other head-on, so it would be ok. Picture the T-1000 breaking his cankles while trying to walk in liquid nitrogen in Terminator 2 and you'll have a good idea of the scene we described.

All that to say- going to this game was something we were not excited about...

It turned out to be one of the best games I've gone to in person. It was just so fun to watch the Rockets playing SO hard against this team. To see Deke come out fired up, and even Tracy McGray (notice the missing letter) was getting involved on the defensive end, going for blocked shots and manning up. The intensity was incredible, and the crowd really got into it when Deke was playing so well.

The 4th quarter was like being at an AND1 game, especially when T-Mac threw down that thunder dunk. All night I had been griping about his lack of attacking the basket, and then he did THAT, and we lost our minds.

All in all, it was an encouraging game. What I really liked was our patience with the ball. Too often, we settle for early, bad jumpshots. Tonight, we were taking our time, waiting for the right shot. I noticed that we shot over 60 percent in the 1st quarter but only had around 20-24 points on less than 20 shots, while the Wiz had taken almost 30. That meant we were being patient, taking great shots, and hitting them.

What I don't like is the number of 3's we start taking when we get a lead. We took about 26 3-pointers for the night, and it really started to hurt us. To me, the fact that we shot almost 50 percent while missing 20 3-pointers speaks volumes to what we did INSIDE of the arc, so I don't know why we don't work in there more, instead of taking bad perimeter shots.

Great game, nonetheless. I'm curious to see how this team responds over the next few. Go Rox!

12. IndonesiaFans

IndonesiaFans Member

It was really a mix feeling, I am glad we get a win, but just so sad about Yao..ahhh, it's really hurt. We will have problem facing lakers, spurs, dallas.. remember how easy Utah cruise us without yao in the lane?
    Just hoping deke will do something and carry this team..
    Is there a miracle? Rockets advance to the final and yao playing the final game... Get roll rockets!

13. diehardrockets

I was at this game tonight too..
    To win by 25 actually was a pretty encouraging win

14. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

crushing dallas would be a dream come true...doing it with yao would be even better....i hope we still destroy them...

15. muffdaddy

muffdaddy Member

I'd rather beat LA now. That'll make all the Laker bandwagoners shut up. It's really getting annoying here in SoCal.

16. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i usually like Stephen A but he needs to shut up with this doomsday let Tmac shoot every time down the court talk. Obviously we need tmac to play well to beat anyone good and without Yao we should temper and deep playoff talk, but our role guys are the ones stepping up now. I hope we prove him wrong, bc I think only team ball will save us now.

17. firefive

firefive Member

win! too easy....13

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tmac said the complete opposite things SAS reported in hilltopper's vids. don't listen to him. tmac knows this team is deeper. he admitted he doesn't have to carry all of the load.

19. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear ya. Glad to hear tmac say that, just want us to keep focus and continue developing our guys and sharing the ball. We can still make some serious positive growth and get some wins.

20. ThaBlackKnight

I know chances of the Rockets winning the title are damn near impossible without Yao, but I certainly believe we can make it to the Playoffs. I think this team has a lot more offense than people think. Granted, our team is built around 2 superstars, but we have rookies stepping up. We have 2 point guards who know how to play the game, and play with energy at that. We still have Battier, who does everything except be a playmaker and is excellent on defense. Mutombo and Hayes as excellent post defenders. Deadly 3-point shooting, and a former scoring champion and a top 5 talent, who led our team to a 20-12 record last year when Yao was out without nearly as much talent as this team has right now.

I know the west is tougher this year, but I think we can go 13-12 the rest of the way to get 50 wins, if not better. Sure Denver and Golden State can outscore anybody on a given night, but they play NO Defense at all. That will not be successful in the NBA. I think the Rockets have seperated themselves from the Nuggets and Warriors and will finish atleast at the #7 seed.

As for the Playoffs...it depends on matchups. I think we match up with New Orleans, Utah, and maybe even Dallas somehow, we could advance past the first round.

The Hornets are young and their shooting is becoming inconsistant now. Plus they have no answer for Tmac.

The Jazz used to have a big mismatch with Boozer vs. Yao, but I've seen nobody play Boozer better than Chuck Hayes. He can keep him under 20 ppg. They still don't have an answer for Tmac.

The Mavs, is a stretch, but Devin Harris was a nightmare matchup along with Terry in the backcourt, but now with Kidd, they arent as small and quick. Put Tmac on Kidd, Rafer on Terry, and Hayes or on Nowitzki, and Battier on J. Howard. Now the matchups aren't so bad anymore. They don't have an answer for Tmac as well. He always shoots well in that arena...

I know its gonna be hard to think positive, but look at this team and look at last years team. This team is VERY talented and with a much more flexible coaching staff as well. Lets see what happens