1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming out (UPDATE: Yao's season is OVER)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Feb 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This couldn't have going in one of the 1,000,000 other threads why?

2. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

im sick and tired of these injuries, especially yao's. his gigantisism sickness is the cause of all of this. obviously he can't play an entire season in the nba. we need to trade him as soon as he gets better next year! he will be injured every year bec his body can't take the stress of an entire nba season. he will always just be injured bec of his gigantisism sickness!!!

3. dreamshake31

dreamshake31 New Member

I think its about time Yao made a ****** choice!!! Rockets BB or China BB. The reason he cant stay healthy is because he chooses to play year round with no off season rest. And now the only concern is for Yao to be healthy for the olympics. Give me a ****** break. I hate to sound stingy but " WHAT ABOUT US ROCKETS FANS" I feel so sick right now that I can honestly say " I dont think im watching and deffinately not going to any more games this season" And if Yao plays all of this upcoming off season, Im gonna scratch next season from my schedule to. I hate to sound like a love em when there up, hate em when there down fan, but im just getting tired of feeling this way year after year. All I have to say now is: "LETS GO ASTROS!

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Suit up Jackie Butler, we need fouls and someone to catch the rock and score a layup. This just in, Washington's coach told them to drive all night to the bucket. Deke get ready to wag that finger and Clyde with the dumb not in my house impressions

5. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Good riddance!

6. Precision340

Precision340 Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3265631

sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere.. rox team doctor explains that there were no specific event that led to yao's injury and that he personally could not have prevented it... goes on to say that yao's worried about missing the olympics

7. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Team will just have to speed up their game. Uptempo all the way. Playoffs will be a problem but there are other games to play before then.

Go Rockets!

I heard today from a semi-inside source that the Rockets still have a shot in the Barry lotto. That would help a lot.

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

How the hell did it happen?

Man, that really blows.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

KJ is probably the most highly acclaimed trainer in basketball.

10. akbar

akbar Member

toyota center is cursed

11. bloop

bloop Member

maybe they took him back for an Xray because he said he twisted his ankle? of course this type of fracture doesn't show up on xray

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sweet first post. Ya, the Astros... They will provide you with relief. Right...

13. All Souled Out

Yao definitely needs to cut down his playing time. It's either cut down on international play, or miss parts of the NBA (like Shaq) but with T-Mac being injury prone that's not a possibility.

Remember when Pau Gasol got injured playing for Spain? He gets burnt out by the end of the year.

You have to watch Yao's minutes. Or his career is going to end-up like Brad Miller or Ilgauskaus, where he'll be plagued by injuries.

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

This is why Houston fans are the worst. I can't wait for you to say the same thing when the astros tank.

15. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

It's time for T-Mac to step up. Hopefully this will piss him off as much of the rest of us and motivate him. If we can get the T-Mac of the playoffs of a few years ago (series vs Dallas), we still have a chance.

16. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

you need a reality check boy

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I wish we knew about Yao before the trade deadline

I wish we knew about Yao before the trade deadline

I don't know if this came up in the slew of threads popping up, but perhaps if we knew of this news sooner, we could have made a move to get a big man to make the most of this season. I don't know who was really available though.

I wonder why it is coming out now if it's been an issue for quite some time.

18. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Is there even a small chance he can return for the play-offs? Even a speck of a chance? If its this serious, then he will miss playing for China in the Olympics this summer right? Or will he miraculously become healed when its time to play for China? :confused:

19. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

oh f!@#$!@#$!

I knew something's up when Yao was pussyfooting around the basket instead of dunking!

the Rox's done for the season, you can stick a fork in it now

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

for the first time in 15 years my faith has been shook in this team, from choke city to clutch city to cursed city

what have we die hard rockets fans done to deserve this effin misery, i cant take this garbage anymore :mad: