1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs? No way!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BrooksBall, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

So today its: Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Hornets, Lakers, Rockets

With one spot for the following teams: Warriors, Nuggets

But thats not even really accurate. Hornets fell from 1st to fifth after one game, and then Phoenix followed. I don't remember it ever being this tight.
    How quickly it can change and how quickly it can change again.
    As Adelman said we are three games out of first and 2.5 games out of 9th.
    Wow. Tight. Makes for exciting games.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That was me, across110thstreet. In all fairness to Brooksball, that's at least one thing he's made an effort to improve, and has a bit. Personally, I think it's gotten to where he's just enjoying the attention of being a human piƱata. If we managed to win 15 in a row, or even 20, no sure thing (knock on wood!), he'll still be arguing his "point," whatever it has morphed into (running up his ignore list?). I think it's a pity. Any respect he might hope to have is in the toilet, unless the team has an epic collapse. I wouldn't want to be in his position, where my reputation depended on my team, my team since they moved here in the '70's (in my case), getting knocked out of the playoffs after playing so well for such a stretch. Brooksball has cut himself off from relishing the success we're having, because it means all he's invested in this thread, 174 posts and counting, would have been for naught.

Bummer.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We should let this thread die.....

I vote for a lock.

DD

4. rage

rage Member

It's fun giving Brooksball such a hard time but on the day he started the thread, Jan 19, the majority of the posts actually agreed with him! :(

I'd say only the people who disagreed with him on the 1st day have any right to chew him now out! :)

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Thanks, I wasn't even close, but the quote is even more fitting as I await BrooksBawl's next appearance to reply to the new anatagonists.

6. DaDakota

OOOOOH....I am good....

:D

7. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I second.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i'd agree, except:

its so amusing to watch a defense of the indefensible. anyways ...

so Brooke Shields was wrong;
    [​IMG]
    time goes on, we already know the doom message was silly. this is my first post in this thread but i'm curious ... at what point does a fatalistic disbeliever cease to be a fan?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i am better.

10. aggie87

aggie87 Member

That leaves one spot for the following teams:

Warriors
    Kings
    Rockets
    Trailblazers

hahahhaha....its funny how we were compared to these teams

11. DaDakota

Why yes, yes you are...

:D

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

When they say 'Playoff's no way' and endure 39 agonizing pages of BEAT DOWN attempting to defend the indefensible. As we all know even if the Rockets were to not make the playoffs the statement is false as there was always a way. 39 pages of arguing 2+2=5 is almost like the morbid curiosity of watching a train wreck. It's fun to watch the carnage.

13. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Brooksball is building a history of being wrong. The fact that he started this thread does not suprise me. Every post he makes is a knee jerk reaction to something he initially doesn't understand.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm just glad I'm not the one who put himself in the position of being thrilled if his team somehow doesn't make the playoffs. That's gotta be a bit of a conflict.

15. 99bb

99bb Member

Hornets keep falling.
    We are only two games behind them; will soon catch up with them ;)

16. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

The stay puff marsh mellow man knows more about basketball, than brooks bomb! He specializes in talking out of his ass and then, playing politician when his viewpoint blows up in his face!

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Nuggets keep sucking. They have lost 3 straight games. They aren't good on the road and they aren't good against playoff teams.

18. 99bb

99bb Member

Denver lost again :D

19. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Hmmm ... but according to resident bonehead, the OP meister, the virtuoso of basketball analysis, BB said that the Nuggies are a shoe-in to be a playoff candidate? Could BB be wrong? :eek: Nah ...

List of wrongs ...

1. Nuggets WILL be in the playoffs
    2. Rockets WILL NOT be in the playoffs.
    3. The Rockets WILL NOT win 10 in a row at any time this season.

... I'm sure there are plenty more it's just I don't have the time or inclination to find out.

Currently, the Rockets have won 12 in a row and very likely could sweep the rest of the homestand. Then go to Dallas and back for meeting with the bees on March 8th. So, potentially that would make it 18 in a row! Plus, currently own a 10 game winning streak on the road!

By the way, BB, I called the 10+ streak long before anyone else did. I called out that Scola and Landry were going to get significant minutes and make our bench a strength.

I based my viewpoints on facts, the Rockets had the toughest first 30-35 game schedule in the NBA, along with some injuries and some players not taking care of business, things looked worse than we thought but, February presented an opportunity, a break to get some rhythm and chemistry.

Now, I'm gonna go one up my previous prediction, the Rockets will NOT lose until mid-March! We have potentially the most balance of any team in the NBA! This team is inventing new ways to generate wins. We are becoming the ultimate hybrid team, yes, even better than San Antonio! New Orleans is starting to not be as fearsome as some thought, they will fade from the division leaders as happened already with an egregious loss to the Wizards at home. Dallas is another "paper tiger" team that continues to try to get by with Damp-whoosier as answer in the middle plus, with the Kidd trade they depleted their reserves and can expect another disappointing playoffs IMO!

So once again, just like the good ol days ... San Antonio and Houston to fight it out for the top spot! :D

Houston Rockets hottest team in the NBA!

You claim BB to be a realist well lets differentiate realist from pessimist ...

Realist: Someone who sees the challenges, obstacles but yet, can also see the positive aspects of those challenges, obstacles, etc.

Pessimist: Someone who sees the challenges, obstacles and refuses to see or act on there being anything remotely positive about those challenges, and obstacles.

In all honesty, if you read BB's adroit, unfettered, unbiased analyses about the Rockets, you would swear we were the worst team in the NBA and that it was a miracle that we even won any games at all!

So BB, realist or pessimist? Which one REALLY are you? Realist is me and pessimist is you! Do you actually have the guts to admit it? Probably not ...

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many games are in an NBA Season?

1. 40
    2. 82
    3. 99
    4. none of the above

Answer
    2. 82 games. there are 82 games in the nba.
    the rockets play in the nba. they play 82 games last year, the year before, the year before that and this year also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.