1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RAYRAY, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Jd1

Jd1 Member

So how long would it take Morey to get Durant back?

I wonder.

2. engr chris

engr chris Member

Maybe Tmac can turn Gerald Green into an All-Star. Just like what he said before with Stro.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chicago Bulls? Showtime Lakers?Dr. J and the Sixers?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

twolves must REALLY think he sucks considering they didn't even pick up his 4th year team option........he looks like he has decent skills and a serviceable jumper, just needs to use his head more on the court...

5. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

yeah right, my a$$, Gerald Greens stats are nothing worth praising.

6. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

+1

also, wtf is this, another guard?!?!

7. beachboys

beachboys Member

At first, we don't know landry can fit to the system so well. So for gerald greens.............

Lets wait and see........

8. joliver325

joliver325 Member

If you check out his stats from 2006-2007, he was wrecking with extra time. The dude actually can shoot just needs to refine his game. Check out T-Mac in his first 3 seasons. He didnt get the chance to shine. Check out what nbadraft.net was saying. They liked his shooting stroke just had to be consistent.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/geraldgreen.asp

9. brooksstephens

Call it some crazy hunch of mine... but I really have a feeling that Gerald Green is gonna make a lot of people on this board eat their words.

10. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

you mean cup cakes? :)

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I hope so. Alot of people hatting on him & he hasn't played a game as a Rocket.

Yes I know he hasn't played very good any where else but give the guy a chance!

12. vator

vator Contributing Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/playerGameLog?categoryId=339167&selectedSeason=2006

Here is the link to his boxscores from last year. I don't know what happened to the one I posted yesterday but it doesn't work for some reason.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

All I know is that Charlie Pallilo absolutely torched him on his show yesterday. To hear him say it, this guy is on his way out of the league. He did raise several good points about Green - pointing out how Boston & Minny were all too glad to let him go and the fact that on a 41 loss team at Minny, he couldn't get any playing time. He appears to be physically gifted but is a terrible player. Much of this is probably due to his jumping from HS directly to the pros before he was remotely ready. Honestly, I kinda expect him to be gone next season so I'm not going to concern myself with hoping that he can harness his "potential".

On the other hand, Morey was somewhat guarded about him this morning on 790AM - basically saying that he's a talent he's familiar with from his Boston days.

14. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

The way i see it, its just taking a flyer on a prospect the rockets have looked at since 2005 and Morey knew from his Celtics days.

It basically cost us nothing and if anyteam could motivate him it would be his hometown team.

I would love it if there was enough time to send him down to the D-league but that looks doubtful.

15. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Green is not eligible to go to the NBDL. Players can only be sent to the D-League during their first 2 years in the NBA. This is Green's 3rd year.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Maybe not T-Mac, but you don't think a guy like Battier wouldn't take Green under his wing? The guy is like the anti-Gerald Green, all fundamentals, that's our group's nickname for Battier, fundamentals. Green has been on so many scrub teams that he hasn't ever seen what it takes to win. This move is a no-risk/high-reward trade, if he doesn't get it he doesn't get it, but if the work ethic of our good guys rubs off on him then he has no limit essentially.

Plus, unlike Boston and Minnesota, he wants to be here. Maybe cold weather is his kryptonite?

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I rather take Morey's word, the guy who had a hand in drafting him. Morey had nothing but positive things to say about Green. Said he was a good kid who works hard on his game. I don't think anyone is expecting anything from Green this season but this gives Houston a good look at the kid to see if he's worth keeping. If there was one team to turn this kid around, it's his hometown team, the Houston Rockets.

18. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Okay people, I have a grudge against him , but even I know he has a LOT of talent.
    People forget that he was compared to T-Mac for a reason.
    Yes, he can dunk, but he can shoot it decently, atleast based on his good form (and yes I know he's missing half a finger). You guys need to stop stereotyping
    He's basically like a poor man's version of Rudy Gay right now.
    He's can be a even better defender than Kirk because he is taller, but he just needs to bulk up

And yes, I am gushing over this trade :)

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

The haters must be the same people who slammed Morey for getting Scola, Brooks, and Landry...

20. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Stro had less going for him - could dunk, but not much else - plus, he was undersized at PF, while Green is almost TMac size and can develop into a good slasher/shooter with TMac and Yao getting doubled.