1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming is a big, soft, above average center.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MeatAndPotatoes, Feb 19, 2008.

1. noize

noize Contributing Member

Dude I can't believe you wasted that much space and time to write about...basically nothing!!! Just what on earth are you trying to get to here? What you wrote had been brought up many times already, especially from haters and you just rehashed it to *****.

I'm not too high on Yao myself and even I thought some of the comment you made are rediculous to the point I think you're doin it on purpose to get a lot of replies b/c you're lonely or is high. Eddie Curry? C'mon man, at least attempt to make your post more believable then that.

I don't even think you know how big men play in the NBA. Rarely would they even needed to be clutch. They are needed to anchor the defense, protect the paint, keep the game close, rebound and blk shots. There are 5 freakin position in basketball with each having different roles. If you don't have a clue, please do out of respect for yourself as a fan and pick up a book called "Basketball For Dummies".

2. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

please ban this guy.....

3. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

What I don't understand is this:

Yes, Meat and Potatoes said some dumbass things...

...but do you guys seriously think that merits a ban? He's entitled to his own opinion and you guys are welcome to flame him. I wouldn't imagine clutchfans to be operated under Communist principals.

That being said, I didn't like Yao for the longest time, but the last two years have made me a big fan because he's earned his positive reputation.

4. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

By the way, a long time ago ( years and years ago ) I wrote that Shaq was better than Yao ( his rookie year at the time ). And people didn't like it and for whatever reason I got banned. And it was nowhere as dumb as MeatandPotatoes' thread here.

Let's save the banning for annoying Spurs fans. Thanks.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Link?

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not true. I can guarantee you didn't get banned here for saying Shaq was better than Yao his rookie season.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I hate bumping this, but I also agree this doesn't warrant banning Sack of Potatoes. We've had plenty of ridiculous Tmac bashing threads, it was bound to go back the other way again.

I will say Meat and Potatohead had plenty of time to write this since the beginning of 2008. Where were you all this time? What held you back? If Yao would've made two more baskets (giving a 20/14 game) would you still have made this? Look how far he's come that a 16/14 game warrants this. If this thread doesn't scream of knee-jerking then I don't know what does.

8. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

There's also the other two peculiar times I got banned too ( the second time had a degree of merit though ), but that's not related to this thread plus I'm back so it's not worth mentioning.

Uh.........Go Rockets!

9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I hope the OP is proud of his one star moronic thread.

10. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

look at this big soft average center, only 10-11,no 20+10 states....

11. RocketsDream

RocketsDream Rookie

1.32 out of 93 votes... :eek:

I understand you might get an extremely low score if there are only a few votes. But 1.32 out of 93 votes is just ridiculous. :eek:

12. neobomb

neobomb Member

meat and potatoes can do a donkey

13. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

bull**** bull**** bull**** bull****

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

its really not that big of a deal and it really doesn't take stats or a long thread to state what is true. Yao is soft, but he is a good center. You can win with his softness if u have other people in place. To bring up stats to say he isn't soft doesn't mean a lot.

15. devin23

devin23 Member

Some people must get a kick out of being flamed. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

16. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

To Bring No Stats To Say He Is Soft Means Nothing, IMO.

17. leebigez

I mean I bet yao gets his shots blks more than any big man in the history of basketball. I mean Robinson is a hof, does that mean he's not soft? Robinson,Yao,Daughtery are all very good big men that are soft. Robinson put up huge mvp type numbers, but everyone their mama knew he was soft.

Soft is soft, but it doesn't mean the rox can't still win with him.

18. maopaopao

maopaopao Member

20+ 10+ is so called soft? Soft could always win the hard in chinese kongfu.

Barkley kiss donkey's ***, and you should kiss his ***

19. rocketsinsider

First of all i believe this thread is utterly ridiculous, Yao is the best center in the game right now.

Now if you replace Yao with Tmac on this thread title i highly doubt this will get anywhere near the response like its getting, probably get alot of people who will agree with it lol

20. leebigez

So when robinson put up 28ppg and 12rebs and 3blks and won the mvp, was he still not soft? He was soft because he let other player foul him hard and push him around without retaliation by him. During that playoffs, Hakeem told the team he was going to put his shoulder into Robinson on purpose to set the tone. He knew if he came out with a physicality that robinson wouldn't hold up. Do u think he said the same when he played shaq in the finals?

Look he's a good player and probably the best center in the league, but he's soft. Doing reverse layups after u beat z baseline is soft. I mean take nothing from him, he's just soft,period.