1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talking Rockets on 1560am - Thursday mornings at 8:35am

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. battousai

battousai Member

sorry for this, but you guys who downplay the value of wells are f*** retar**.

Yes wells quit on us last season, yes he is still a question in the playoffs.

HOWEVER, did you not noticed he is in better shape? played more games than last season with us? he has helped us win some games? he is actually useful and dependable comparing to SF and MJ? We can count him to provide us with some sparks off the bench?

Don't forget he is in his last year of contract, if he decides to continue his career with the NBA. even a dumba** would that know he is playing for a contract.

We may not be able to sign his after this season, however this is one season I dislike the trade (unless something else involved)

WE ARE LOSING VALUEABLE ASSET AFTER THIS TRADE. every F***ing teams are looking to improve their chances of winning in the playoffs, but no, instead we are looking to improve my wallet!!!

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Jarret Jack, like for sure...

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

LOL, first thing I hear is someone in the middle of an angry rant :D

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Very even keel Clutch and fair.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I woke up early to hear the F-bombs. Tease. :(

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks ... that was a little more difficult. They got under the luxury tax, first and foremost, saving about $2 million and they got out from under the final year of Mike James' contract. I think John thought I was attacking Les Alexander -- I didn't want to make it sound like Les was a cheap b*stard and the Rockets were dumping salary on the level of Memphis or anything, but I thought it was important to highlight the financial reasons for making the move.

New Orleans wouldn't have made that move if they weren't winning the talent end, in my opinion.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

So has the Grizzlies deal been finalized? Are the Rockets giving up a second draft pick or the draft rights to Malick Badiane? Hopefully they keep the second round pick. Badiane is playing second division basketball in France, ie more or less French D-League.

8. Raven

Raven Member

This wouldn't be so bad, if the Rockets were planning on a second trade. They need more firepower, not less.

9. Coog

Coog Member

It amazes me how people overvalue people like Bonzi Wells. His biggest claim to fame in this league is one admittedly excellent playoff series a few years ago. Other than that, he's been largely insignificant on the court and troublesome off the court. You know what? I'm guessing the rest of the league recognizes that, too.

Basically, we got a short-term solution at backup point guard, brought ourselves under the luxury tax (which increases our maneuverability), got rid of a point guard who was unproductive and costly, and moved a player who wasn't exactly playing like the second coming of John Havlicek. What's not to like here? I just don't understand the negative reaction.

10. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

Later MJ - Enjoy your last days as an NBA player, b/c they are numbered.

Bonzi, you were descent, but you suck at shooting, and FT's were horrible, and you are a turnover factory on most nights, and even though you are good at attacking the basket, you blow a lot of easy layups. So see ya...

Welcome to HOU BJ

11. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Seriously, wtf are you talking about?

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ugh. I'm sorry I missed that post earlier... MeatAndPotatoes just went cold.

13. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Its gotten to the point where I don't know what to say. We lose that low post presence. I'm gonna be honest and say...Yao Ming cannot grab rebounds as he should. Wells cleans up...if denver gets artest then I think we miss out on playoffs but i still have hope :D

Jackson can shoot the 3 and thats what makes me excited because if this guy can knock down those Js then I think he will fit in perfectly.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Sad tone today?

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Hope not too much, but obviously some huge sad news recently...

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Didn't think you sounded all that down.

Quick question but why is your sound so much lower than the radio crew? I have to turn it up big time to hear you each time I listen to the podcast

17. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

who is the lucky winner to go to the movie?

18. bbjai

bbjai Member

Honestly clutch i live in Australia so I can't ask you questions

but

for yourself, do you actually believe in T-mac? I mean he obviously is a great player. But for yourself what do you think he needs to now that Yao is out and where can he lift in his game?

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like your reasoned and fair comments, Clutch. Morey does look better from that trade with 'win now' being shelved. I can't even imagine the PR nightmare Morey would have with Bonzi's agent if Wells had a breakout year for the rest of the season as a Rocket.

I hope more lemmings from the board jump off the cliff...

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You guys doing the show this Sunday? I didn't see anything about it, but I figure it will still go on. Hopefully they'll put the podcasts up this time, I wasn't able to listen last time.

Two questions:
    1. Am I crazy or can this team actually do what our other recent playoff teams couldn't: get out of the first round? JVG seems to think so. We've only played Washington and Memphis without Yao, but with the streak still in tow we look FEARSOME right now. We are deeper and more balanced than either our 2005 or 2007 teams. We're like Wal-mart: we'll survive losing Yao, and you can't beat us by shutting down specific players. Plus, our defense might have even improved without Yao. What do you think?

2. What kind of player do you think Carl Landry will be at his peak?