1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Talking Rockets on 1560am - Thursday mornings at 8:35am

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kwng

kwng Member

I am surpised Clutch want to drop F bombs on this trade. I guessed it's a no brainer that this trade is a daylight robbery against Rockets from basketball perspective.

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

610 is spinning this as a good move. 790 is the exact opposite. Curious to see what John & Lance think...

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Please mention that Les needs to consider selling the team. If he is having personal financial problems the we understand. But he should not be punishing the fans for his own poor investment decisions - both with the team the past decade or with his own personal portfolio.

There are dozens of other investors who would love to buy the Rockets from him. And this is not just another business for him to run however he sees fit. This is an organization with global following and 40 years of history. Not to mention a largely publicly financed arena that he is reaping the benefits of.

Take the profit and cash out Les. It will be in the best interests of all parties involved.

4. LFE171

LFE171 Member

tell "i like to spend less" alexander he needs to stop being a cheap ass and he better make morey swing a deal for someone else. us mixing up the chemistry is bad enough, but shipping a dominate role player in our rotation to a division rival is ridiculous!

5. MeatAndPotatoes

I will not be surprised if we lose tonight against the worst team in the entire league. i don't see why any of the players would want to play for an organization like this. as soon as the team starts to click... crap on it to save money! Les needs that extra couple $$$

6. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Pure salary dump.

No way to spin it.

Bonzi was key to several wins already.

Lost the one guy who can spell TMac and keep chemistry.

Bad move. The love of money is the root of alot of bad trades.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

LOL. Bonzi had a few moments, but calling him "dominate" (sic) is a bit of an exaggeration.

If by dominant, you mean inconsistent, then I agree with you.

8. MeatAndPotatoes

Say this on there when you talk about les:

sometimes, more goes into it than money, stats, and floating your power over the team. you killed a rocket. you killed a family member of the team. you expect you can just pick anybody that YOU want on the team, stick them with the rest of the team, and they will just do as YOU want. ever bother even having any kind of relationship or understanding with any of your players?

Do you have any idea of whats even going on inside your players heads, or what THEY want? you must be a great father. why the hell did your wife leave you???

9. battousai

battousai Member

Les needs to go F*** himself. Take a lesson from Cuban and Buss. stop being cheap***. instead of cutting down on your expense, go out and make money. try to get the fans to attend your games, you get alot more profit then losing those chump change.

All these newly added profits from China thru Yao would set you in a good position for years to come. Now, take those money and get this team a championship!!!

If not, do us a favor trade Yao to the Lakers for odom on salary dump.

10. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Finally you are on when I am awake.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Loyalty goes both ways. Bonzi quit on the team before the playoffs last year, and probably was going to leave as a free agent this summer. I don't exactly consider Bonzi "Mr. Rocket."

12. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Exaggerate much? I don’t care for this deal but come on, Bonzi has been better this year, because he put in the effort this year, but hardly what I’d call a pillar of consistency. Plenty of nights he was invisible, other nites he did play huge.

I’m sure these pro athletes are walking around suicidal because a bad trade happened.

13. MeatAndPotatoes

I think Bozi wanted to come here to win above everything else, and if he felt he would have the best chance of getting a ring here, he would obviously want a little more than what they are giving him since he IS worth more, but he would still play for us at a lower cost instead of going somewhere else just to get more coin.

14. GRENDEL

and you have all this information from inside information? if any of the above is true, then what the hell happen last year, he cared so much he showed up out of shape and ended up quitting

15. MeatAndPotatoes

i just think he got pissed because him and jeff had beef, and he ended up not playing when he wanted to contribute to team and help them win. Didn't he pass up some money to come here in the first place?

16. battousai

battousai Member

Bonzi may be inconsistent, however he did provided us some sparks off the bench in more than handfull of games.

You must not been following Rox this season or whatever. We had high hopes coming in in the begining of the season. Got shot down with injuries and inconsisent play and losing games. Then, we we are starting to see some positive momentum along with new hopes, then this stupid trade.

How is Bobby jackson an improvement over wells and MJ? we need improvement not downgrading.

Does les and morey think we should sit out this season?
    everybody got better except for us.

-Lakers with Gasol
    -Suns with Shaq (questionable)
    -Mavs with Kidd (questionable)
    -Spurs with Thomas
    -Utah with Kover
    -Warrior with Webb

-No now got way better and hijacked from us with this trade

-Denver may pull a trade

We are the only team in the western conference that are in the top 8/9 seeds who actually got worst with a trade.

17. GRENDEL

So he was pissed at Jeff before he even reported to camp, decided to eat himself into a lane bryant model, all before he even played for Jeff....this is what happened?

He didn't pass up any money to come to Houston, his agent passed on an offer from the Kings and couldn't find any other takers, hence he ended up with MLE money with the rockets.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The one thing I look at is that Bonzi wasn't going to get us into the Finals. So that's why I'm not really going apesh1t over this.

19. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

This "Jarrett Jack Guy" that theyre teasing on 1560, does he post on this board? I remember someone always saying we should get Jarrett Jack...

20. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

I never forgave him for that either. When the going got tough between he and JVG, he sends a text message to Keith Jones saying, "It ain't working out." GEEZ - sounds more like a highschool breakup than a grown man facing his problems

Plus, we benfitted from a deal like this already this year. The Spurs dumped Scola on us in the same type of move