1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Wow... and I was kind of wondering what's really going on in your head.

That's easily one of the worst posts I've read in my 10 years here.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Based on those stats, its hard to be dejected as well... not to mention that Jackson has a better chance of getting open looks on the Rockets than he did on the Hornets... and that he's going to a system that he's familiar with.

3. MeatAndPotatoes

how do you feel about les?

4. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

37 percent from 3 point line makes him about as good as Battier at shooting threes, and he's a quick and a decent passer. He also addresses a need...Backup point....Not a bad move at all...Why dont we just wait and see?

5. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Stupid trade. The Rox better not lose tonight.

6. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

Horrible trade

7. Norway's Winter

wth ?!

how could rockets exchange Bonzi with such an old guy ?

I dont know this old man pretty much but according to the stats he's surely no better than Bonzi at all

And Bonzi‘s strong body and ability in the paint also give a great support to Yao even the whole team

I just could not believe with the trade ...

8. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

Look at our team. What is the difference with last year's playoff team? Bonzi and Scola had been huge factors. But now, we only have Scola. This is a dumb move if there is no following major move.
    Not wanted to give up brooks for Artest, now put Brooks deep on the bench with another shooting-first-sucking-this-year-35-year-old pg.

9. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

im sorry.... but Bonzi is one of our best finishers and can attack the rim.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Well, back to business. Any chance Bobby Jackson suits up for us tonight? Or will he just hang in New Orleans and switch locker rooms tomorrow?

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The one thing I look at is that Bonzi wasn't going to get us into the Finals. So that's why I'm not really going apesh1t over this.

12. brush

brush Contributing Member

This trade will make more sense, if there is another one coming. Call me crazy, how about Artest? If Brooks was the deal breaker as others suggested, the arrival of Jackson makes Brooks expendable.

Go Rockets!

13. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

I almost lost my coffee out of my nose when I saw that.... LOL

And wow, what a trade......... its really going to suck losing Bonzi's athleticism and interior toughness. However, BJ is a cold blooded sniper and thats all there is to that. BJ hits game winners in peoples faces. He's a badass backup point for Rafer. He is better than brooks; maybe not for a pickup game, but for playoff ball? for sure.

Hopefully we'll make another deal today but I really really doubt it.

14. jVgOwnsYou

Bonzi has played almost the entire season even when we sucked....He has not been the difference maker.

The difference is our rookies who will now see more time because of the trade.

Bonzi is an offensive player and he hasn't improved us in that area at all. Our offense is still mediocre. He doesn't mix well with Tmac or Yao either because he cant score from the perimeter.

15. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

so that's it? no more bonzi, and no butler in this deal...whose gonna back up Shane now? I'm really dissapointed by this

16. jVgOwnsYou

Landry is 5 times the finisher Bonzi is and he will play more.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

How is a 35 year old on his last legs makes a 22 year old who'll be in the league 10+ years expendable?

Bobby Jackson is just a stop gap, nothing more.

18. oldnews2

oldnews2 Member

Can we sign Okafor in this summer after this trade?
    If we do, it's a good trade, otherwise it really sucks!

19. Norway's Winter

And in another way Bonzi seems to be much funny guy than that 35 yr old ******* shooter ... wth ... again ...

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

My initial reaction is that this organization sucks. It seems that they are simply looking after the bottom line, rather than trying to put the team in a position to win. I'm REALLY disappointed by this trade and with the organization as a whole. If I were T-Mac, I'd want out too because without another deal to add someone like Artest, we're going nowhere.