1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

I hope that Morey had the Artest deal on mind while doing that trade.
    Guys, remember that David Aldridge said that Rockets are trying to deal for Artest, so that could be a sign that we could get Artest.

Also, on hoopsworld, I saw an article that said Kings will keep Artest. :confused:

If we dont get Artest or Miller, we are done for the season.

2. kwng

kwng Member

This trade made NOH a contender while we just got robbed. MJ and BJ is about the same in salary and would be sufficient to complete the trade instead we gave them Bonzi who will help NOH when they faced tough team
    like SAS. I know no ones want MJ but it unwise to be robbed to get rid of MJ.
    With this trade, officially we made the worst trade among the top teams
    such as Lakers, Dallas, Suns, NOH and SAS.

This is an absolute one sided trade. Why do we do it, it just undefensible from basketball point of view for whatever the reasons. It is a sooooo unwise, sooo . Looked like Lakers and NOH have made the biggest steal in this season and for many years to come. WHY TRADE WITH A DIVISION RIVAL?? SAS made this mistakes with Scola and now we do the same.

3. _samoa_

_samoa_ Member

come on, you get Ron for free?

4. wink2moochie07

What hurts here is we get a really old guy who CAN NOT SHOOT. *I am tired of reading people here say OH HES A GOOD SHOOTER, the midget is shooting sub-40% for the last few seasons, if you though Rafer was bad watch this guy jack up shots with no remorse and not make them*

What hurts is we lose out on our only true SG, bench scoring option, matchup problem, rebounding, athletic, jumping, fiery, competitive Bonzi.

Maybe theres an ace up the sleeve but the moment T-Glass's body shatters again will we continue to see Little IQ Luther running into double teams and bounce passing to Yao in his place? Who will back up Tmac if he goes down?

Imagine this line up for a second. Brooks-Jackson-Head-Mac-Landry.

I guess thats small ball for ya.

5. matty101

matty101 Member

NO wouldnt have done the trade BJ for MJ straight up. Houstons intentions were to get rid of MJ's contract and NO were willing to do that but only if we sweetened the deal by throwing in Bonzi. Hopefully management know what they are doing :confused:

6. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

CRAP! I just found out about this trade...terrible news!!!! Bonzi was one of our best passers and the only one who completely understood Adelman's offense! Also, he got to the line consistently and never shied from attacking the rim. WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

memphis just gets a player like that? what do they give up?

8. MeatAndPotatoes

god i hope they do too.

if not; tonight houston will be in the spotlight against the heat. atleast we'll all agree with charles on the pre-game and half-time conversations, for once.

9. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

BAD TRADE:

-Got rid of a playoff tested backup SG that works great in RA's system
    -Gives Snyder some experimental minutes to see what he can do WHEN we're in a dead heat for the last playoff spot (we don't have that luxury right now)
    -Got rid of one of our best passers (still referring to bonzi)
    -Gets a decrepit undersized geriatric chucker of a "6th" man in return

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

While Im not a fan of the trade, I think people need to calm down with the "Oh, we wont even make the playoffs now" talk. Youre just angry. I hate losing the depth and have to wonder if there is more to this than just a salary dump, but we will see. I think we still make the playoffs.

11. cyjtsj

cyjtsj Member

i don't wanna say wheather this trade sucks or not,but i think it shows RA give Snyder a good chance.

I always think Snyder is the same kind player like Bonzi,younger but have less experience.We only need one of them.(I like Bonzi much better)

At least we get rid of MJ,it's the best news.......

12. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Why does it seem like we made the trade just for the sake of making a trade? Just because LA, Dallas, Phoenix, and everyone else was doing it?

13. kwng

kwng Member

Why sweetened the deal until we got robbed?? That's just not right from any perspective. If just to get under LT then is there any other way but to be robbed. It seemed like the some one is trying chasing you to rob you (LT) so to avoid being robbed, we gave our money to another guy.

14. MeatAndPotatoes

honestly, no way Houston can beat any team in a playoff series with a so-so bench.

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I can't believe we just helped one of the best teams get better in exchange for nada. That was no where near an even trade. I understand the logic of get something for bonzi b4 he walks and definitly get rid of MJ, but couldnt we have done better than ONLY bobby jackson? i pray that this is the first part of the second trade to help us be a contender

16. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I never said we go all the way. Hell, I never said we will win a playoff series. I just said we will make the playoffs. While I liked Bonzi, it isnt like he was a 25/10 guy every night or something.

Let me repeat, Im not a fan of the trade. I feel it may hurt our chemistry. But it does mean more minutes for other guys. I sure as hell hope Snyder has kept in shape...

17. kwng

kwng Member

You know, Synder may be in shape but WHY help our division rival and a contender get stronger. We can trade Bonzi and MJ to a weaker team and
    give some PT to Synder.

18. MeatAndPotatoes

[​IMG]

this whole situation really makes me want to puke all over les alexander. if we don't get artest, that's it. i would bet they can tracy as well. it all makes me sick.

adelman said before the start, it would take time; probably around the all-star break before the team would show their mark with with the new system and there would be struggles. what the hell happens? houston starts looking dangerous around the all-star break, is on the middle of a 9 game winning streak, and les alexander flushes our depth down the toilet.

I will not be surprised if we lose tonight against the worst team in the entire league. i don't see why any of the players would want to play for organization like this. as soon as the team starts to click... crap on it to save money! Les needs that extra couple $$$

goodnight guys. [​IMG]

19. johnny21

johnny21 Member

the trade sucks :mad:

20. withYAO

withYAO Member

That's terrible!
    But it'll be a good deal if we get Artest after the deal.