1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you like this trade by the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Feb 21, 2008.

?

What do you think of this trade?

1. LOVE IT. We finally get a veteran PG.

189 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. HATE IT, I WANT TO CHOKE THE ROCKETS' MANAGEMENT

559 vote(s)
    74.7%
  1. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

btw,i love Bonzi,He is the only one who can realy dunk in this team

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Man oh man, I hope we get SOMETHING tomorrow that fills the void left by Bonzi. Everyone was starting to play well, and Bonzi was becoming that spark of the bench. That said, if we can get someone who is comparable to Bonzi tomorrow, the trade goes from being a bad one to a pretty good one. Big IF though.

3. rocket3forlife2

This trade just ruined my week...I know our gm can't be that stupid!!

4. noname

noname Member

Time is still enough, let's wait and see if there is anything more! :rolleyes:

5. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Anyone got a gun. Thanks.

6. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Let's wait for the next BIG trade in 6 hours, or ROX management sux!!!

I miss you, Bonzi! Hope you can have a good result in NO

7. Cav000

Cav000 Member

wish we still have a second trade later.. :p

8. Cav000

Cav000 Member

agree~~!! i'm waiting as well.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Good trade. MJ was an albatross contract. Wells is highly overrated on this board and was likely gone after the season was over anyway.

Next year we have nearly 9 million in expiring contracts to play with.

10. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

dumb trade....ok now did they rehire CD?

11. kwng

kwng Member

I am absolutely shocked by this unprecendented and unwise move by Morey.
    Bobby is an old guard and should and I repeat only should replaced with an old guard like Mike James. Why do we sent two players for an old guard that
    is going down hill? This is absolutely a steal for NOH who is the 1st seed and with Bonzi added they will be a contender along with the Lakers. Adding Bonzi to NOH will help them to play against teams like SAS. Why are we helping
    NOH to become a contender? I would thought MJ alone would have been enough to have this trade though I know no one wants MJ. Booby may even have chemistry problem with Tmac as they have fought before.

12. Bob

Bob Member

I see this move as being irrelevant.

We traded two players that won't be on the team in two years for a player who won't be on the team in two years.

Now the Chronical also mentioned Adam Haluska and a second round pick. Who is Haluska? According to the stats line he hasn't played this year yet. Is he on their roster or is he in the NBDL?

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Not voting as the two choices are too extreme.

I don't like losing Bonzi, but he honestly wasn't going to morph into a consistent 15 ppg guy for us like we wanted, he disappeared too often. You also HAD to include some kind of carrot to undo the horrendous Mike James mistake, and Bonzi isn't such a bad choice.

I also don't want to judge this trade until we know for certain that it wasn't a precursor to another move. Cut payroll deal to make Les okay with a payroll adding deal. Memphis' involvement strikes me as a possible tell.

I'm sorry to see you go Bonzi......good f***ing riddance Mike James - don't ever come back.

Evan

14. yaotmacshane

yaotmacshane Member

dumb trade better have another trade morey

15. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

I voted hate it, but I am cautious because that has been my initial reaction to almost every morey move, but then they usually turn out ok.

16. tomjc

tomjc Member

Bonzi Wells isn't the guy you trade away to sign the guy you want. Bonzi Wells is the guy you want to sign by trading away guys to do it.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

No, bonzi is the guy you don't sign.

He is on the downside of his career and is only going to get worse.

18. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Our window of opportunity is not as wide as people like to believe. Yao is entering into his prime, T-Mac is on the down side of his career, Socla is 27, Battier is gonna be 30 this year. We only have about 2 or 3 years to make a push. We need to win it now instead of wait for next year, and next year, and the next year.

19. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I realize that, but Bonzi doesn't affect our playoff push or the damage we'll make in the playoffs as much as people think he does. He just hasn't been the player we hoped for when we signed him. Ditto to the nth degree with MJ.

20. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

If no other trade happens today, Les is throwing in the towel on this experiment and it could also be a signal that the tmac era is coming to an end.