1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

well i hope this si one big dream that I will wake up to find not true. We are trading arguably are best bench player. Bonzi is averaging 9 and 5 off that bench, plus is our second best perimeter defender after Battier. What do we get in return? A much older and worn outversion of Luther Head. Jackson only shoots three's doesn't drive much and for a PG averaging 20 minutes a game and 1.7 assists. Give him starter minutes and he would be a 14-4 guy. YEAHHHHH!!! What a great move we're getting a guy who had a name a few years ago but today sucks. He shoots under 40 percent for the season.

Has someone already said in season where we are fighting to make playoffs and the team seems to have gelled management threw it away to save a few million luxury dollars. This really pisses me off and puts a bad taste in my mouth. It doesn't ruin the team but sure as hell doesn't help. The owner decided he wanted to make 30 million this year rather than 25 sorry if I don't like to go along with that.

Oh and I'm a Ball State student so Bonzi was my lone pro player and happened to be on my favorite team.

2. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

I'll be very happy to see James starting for NOH. We can own them then :D

3. KillaBlackMamba

had the rockets kept that rudy gay pick from a year ago (#9th overall i believe), they would have drafted that sefolosha kid from chicago and not gay. it has been said numerous times that had the Rockets not agreed with the Gay trade, Sefolosha would have been their man. so either way, Rudy Gay was not coming here period.

4. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Just wanted to say Dallas lost on the trade for Kidd. That is to say they made a move for this year and next after that they will be hurting. The Nets got a young PG (Devin Harris) who has good production and freed up tons of cap space. In addition they got two, yes that's two, first round draft picks. The Nets pulled a great deal, and Dallas pulled a deal they felt obligated to do thanks to the Lakers and Suns trades.

5. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Because Adelman likes his old guys. Rocket expects more such trade in future.

6. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

You really might be one of the worst fans ever. How can you not at this point think the Rockets are going to make the playoffs if you are a fan of them? How many games do they have to win before you start believing in "your team?" Fan is short for fanatic and you seem to show none of that towards the Rockets. Nobody is crying over your opinions. You come onto a Rockets fansite and try and crush all optimism and then act surprised when people lash out or disagree? Expecting fans to not have faith in their team is asking them not to be fans especially when they have a realistic shot of making a run. I just don't get "fans" like you. You should probably just say that you like the Rockets and stop referring to yourself as a fan.

Fanatic - marked by excessive enthusiasm and often intense uncritical devotion

7. mackomon

mackomon Contributing Member

Wow, there are more drama queens on this board than in a high school prom. Deal done! Deal with it!

8. KillaBlackMamba

Havn't heard much about the Rockets and Artest. I think this deal was just done individually and not as a pre-req to another deal. Then again, I'm not Daryl Morey and who knows what a stat geek like him has up his sleeves

9. Cav000

Cav000 Member

James' leaving is OK..both the team and himself..
    but Bonzi..unbelievable...he did really well this season..
    I'm not sure it would be a good deal...
    Wish Bonzi good luck~~! ;)

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

This reminds me of JVG, getting his old Knicks players to Houston like Ward, Oakley, etc.

11. Raven

Raven Member

So the Rockets gave up Bonzi, so it would help them next season? What about this season?

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They could have just kept howard and they would have had an expiring contract. The gay trade now this one, for every good trade they seem to make two bad ones.

13. blender

blender Member

Bonzi is a great pickup for New Orleans IMO. I think he'll really help their playoff run this year.

I'm not sure what to make of our side of the trade. Jackson I think will be a good addition to our backcourt. I can see him and McGrady working pretty well actually, despite past differences.

But I hate that we're losing Bonzi's size, rebounding and aggressive drives to the basket. Bonzi's been inconsistent for us but he's shown me enough to make me believe he'd be playing a bigger role as the playoffs near. And the big problem is, I don't see anyone filling Bonzi's role on the current roster, not unless Kurt Snyder suddenly turns productive on us.

Anyway, we'll see where this team is in mid-March.

14. The Hungarian Rocket

They sent Harris (starting PG) and two 1st rd picks.

No. We saved 6M and the price was Bonzi.

15. YnMDynasty

YnMDynasty Member

What if Rox waives Haluska and sign veteran P.J.Brown as backup for Yao?

16. MeatAndPotatoes

Bonzi >>>> Bobby

and here's the quality meter. from greatest players to weakest:

Tracy > Yao > Artest > Scola > Battier > Miller > Wells > Alston > Landry > Jackson > Brooks > Hayes > Head > Novak > Snyder > Deke

My utter hope: Morey publicly stated there would not be any blockbuster trades (ie Ron Artest?)... is it possible, this was for disclosure just to the media and everything so it be known that their All-Stars were going no where (tracy/yao), so that all the dumb trade rumors would die down about tmac being traded for richard jefferson etc.

With that in mind... maybe we could get Artest for Brooks+Novak+Hayes+Head+Snyder or Brooks+Battier+Snyder etc if need be.

[​IMG]

17. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

18. ROCKU

ROCKU Rookie

i like it,plz do it !!!

19. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

From Feigen:

"I understand the motivation, though rookie Aaron Brooks is coming along nicely. The Rockets are thrilled with the pick and will let him grow into the job."

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2008/02/bonzi_for_bobby_why_the_rocket.html

Yeah, the Kings like Brooks. But the Rockets like Brooks too, for the same reasons.

I think the trading is done.

20. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

stupid trade... could care less about the cap space.

our only hope for playoff win vs nola is if there are donut shops near bonz's new house... :rolleyes: