1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade: Bonzi, James for Bobby Jackson? (UPDATE: Done Deal)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by farrisdabis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Wait, this trade all makes sense now!!

We're not trading for Bobby Jackson..we're really trading for Adam Haluska , the rookie out of Iowa! He'll lead the Rockets' rookie movement and make us a title contender...

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

look before we all give up on the season lets think who we have shall we?

Our starting lineup is unchanged.

Most of our wins have come from good play from our bench AND our starters. Rafer is playing well, T-Mac is playing and passing within the offense, Yao Ming is Yao Ming, and since Scola moved to the Starting lineup we've been winning. Coincidence? I think not. Has anyone else noticed Battier's stats these days. He is stepping up his game. Luther is back. We have a NINE GAME winning streak. Things hardly look bleak.

We have Landry, Novak, Head, Jackson off Bench now. Bonzi played well ONLY because and I say ONLY because he got more PT. (Luther's injury). Now that Luther is back, Bonzi wouldn't have seen as much minutes anyways. On top of that, Bonzi, if he performs well in playoffs will demand more money for sure next season. So we just saved ourselves some cash. Not to mention, we got rid of Mike James. I'll laugh if Mike James actually makes the Hornets WORSE with his shoot first pass later mentality.

Our bench contributions are bigger from Landy and earlier Scola then Bonzi. While this may shake things up, the season is hell not over. Don't die over a bench player. Plus we havent seen Jackson play. Let's wait and see shall we.

So yes, Rockets fans, wait and see until 3 PM until you start crying. There's a reason why Mike James has never stayed with a team longer than 2 years ;]

-ShiniKashi

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

u know what i hate about this trade

bonzi was just starting to dunk with more regularity and it was spreading over to scola and yao. now i guess back to bricking layups :(

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Spurs fan says
    Hornets fans say;

#1104 Ziggy, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I want to believe this trade is for the best, but if we can't replace Bonzi with a quality wing player with size and shooting, then it doesn't look that good in the short term.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Scola > Bonzi (not even close)

7. aggie87

aggie87 Member

bonzi was a key part of the rockets sucess as of late....did anyone notice when the bench comes in...they are constantly looking to feed the ball to bonzi because he is the number 1 option off the bench....we gave away our bench spark for nothing

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

yep, you are wrong.

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Toughness and heart don't deteriorate with age.

10. MeatAndPotatoes

[​IMG] i think this is only the beginning to the fall of the rockets. we will be right there with sacramento and portland in the 11,12,13 spots. tracy's last year as a rocket. complete team overhaul during the summer.

11. aggie87

aggie87 Member

im praying we pull of another trade to land ron....

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

The final piece for the championship run is in place now. Exciting time to be a Rockets fan!

13. code_red

code_red Member

The Rockets would have gotten NOTHING this offseason because Bonzi was jumping ship for more $$$. Instead, they got rid of James' contract and got a PG who understands Adelman's system.

As Les wanted to get under the Luxury Tax, this is the best deal that Morey could have made.

14. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

this really sucks. what the hell.

15. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

Does this open up a chance for Mike Harris - I think he can do some of the thnings Bonzi does...

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Now, our bench looks even crapier. LOL! no size in guards coming off bench. If Battier or T-Mac get hurt, the Rockets are in deep sh!!t.

Oh, dont forget Bobby Jackson has almost done his quota of games in this season. this fragile injury prone little bobby will have an injury anytime soon. dont hold your breathe, it's coming.

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

Bonzi maybe fat but he still can play! Jackson may have heart but he is over the hill. What i hate most is, Bonzi is the only player in the rockets lineups who can draw contact efficiently and go to the line. Yao and T-mac like to shoot jumpers and Rafer likes the floater which not gonna draw any contacts which is something during the playoffs and worst is that the trade actually makes our division rival better team. I hope there are more trades coming for the rockets else i will be really disappointed with the move.
    Or this could be another Les trying to avoid Luxury tax move for the future? :mad:

18. trugoy

trugoy Member

Gasol/Korver...Why Morey did the trade

Gasol/Korver...Why Morey did the trade

Guys calm down, this is an excellent trade by Morey. You won't see the immediate benefits this year but next year you will.

Anyone see the what gasol and korver were traded for? expiring contracts, rockets don't have any this year, and they won't have any next year... now we have a $6million expiring contract that we can trade at next years deadline. We also get a 2nd round pick and given Morey's excellent drafting record we will have another 2 good prospects this year.

We are not gonna win the ship this year, the team is not strong enough. We are setup however to do a mega trade next year that will involve BJ's contract + some good rookies, luther, landry, or AB, or our 1st round picks.

We needed and still need a good PG, all our other positions are set except for a PG.

Next year some potential trades include

Kirk Hinrich - if the bulls decide to blow it up
    TJ ford - Raptors can't afford two starting PGs
    Andre Miller - If the sixers draft a PG this year
    Mo Williams - He and Redd could definitely be traded for Cap space if they decide to build around Bogut and Yi

19. MeatAndPotatoes

a few hours a go i was praying that we didn't make ANY trades. Specifically Bonzi for Jackson. Within 15 minutes, it happened.

All evidence already points out that no other moves will be made. Reports from the articles all say the same thing, as well as Morey's own voice to the public.

****!!! I HATE, les alexander. I HATE les alexander. I HATE les alexander. I HATE les alexander. I HATE les alexander, everybody! i HATE les alexaaander. i HATE les alexaaander. i HATE les alexaaander!

20. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

I'm a little pissed off right now. Bonzi poses big match-ups and I still think Mike James could've been another spark plug off the bench. I think this was a panic move..