1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

You know what I love most about this hot streak?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Feb 19, 2008.

1. aggie87

aggie87 Member

rafers fg% is finally at .401 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

As I was saying in the post game analysis thread...

Vote Rafer for the All Star game!!!

Oh wait..... nvm....

Vote Rafer for MVP :D and the 2009 All Stars :D

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Are you saying that Adelman is gonna turn this team into one of those really good teams that do well without any superstars?

Tmac/Yao: NooOoOOoO!!!!11

But seriously, what I'm most happy about this winning streak is Rafer actually shooting more decently than in previous years. He's play like a superstar if you ask me... by his standards.

4. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

im happy about rafer, landry, and scola's tremendous play

t-mac on the other hand chooses and picks when he'll try and that pisses me off.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am so glad that Rick Adelman finally figured out that Scola should start, I mean most of us here on Clutchfans knew it about a month before he did.....

You just wonder how many more wins would have happened if he was starting earlier.

DD

6. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Adelman was waiting for Scola to be ready. U guys really have a problem of premature ejaculation.

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Actually I was in that camp that believed Scola would be great off the bench as an offensive spark.. along with James and Bonzi. It was pretty reasonable then.

But whatever I'm happy to be wrong as long as we're raking up those Dubya's.

8. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

I can see Scola having 30+ point nights sometime this season.

9. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

I think that t-mac's physical condition still bothers him. I am content with him contributing at this level without disrupting the flow of affense. I hope that he will get better in the playoff.

10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Rafer has been playing out of his mind during the winning streak but can he keep it up? That's a huge ?

Scola though has just been huge since joining the starting line up, he's opened up things with his solid shooting and great inside post presence when Yao is out.

Last nites game is the kind of win I really really like. The fact that both yao and tracy can have off nites like that and the team still blow out someone, just makes me very happy.

11. kwng

kwng Member

What's great about this streak? We are officially in the PLAYOFFS and now ranked 7th. BUT we need to keep this up to maintain our position because
    GSW and Denver is just behind. If we could continue to win and beat NOH,
    our playoffs prospect are very bright.

12. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I personally like the wins and how they affect the standings.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

well put and i agree... rafer continuing his solid play is the key in all this. if we're gonna have a shot at the title he CANNOT revert back to his 2-11, teardropping ways. i'm still not convinced he can play at this level come playoff time.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Have you noticed that when Landry and Scola are in together, good things seem to happen?

I feel sorry for some of you, because Rafer is going to break your heart. Still need another PG, bad. His career shooting average does not lie, and his playoff performance is subpar. When the pressure is on, Rafer is gone. Nice personality, poor shooter and finisher. Has spurts, but they won't last.

15. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

I just love our squad!

Streetball Legend at the point
    Ultimate Baller at the 2
    Gritty Grimy 6' 8" Defensive stopper and 3 point shooter
    Argentine MVP
    Best Chinese Player Ever and tallest most skilled center in the league

These guys are hardly misfits and they can do it!! I BELIEVE!!

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Considering that pretty much every one of the losses over the last few months occurred without Yao or Tracy in the lineup, I'm actually not sure it makes much of a difference. I also think Scola has been improving steadily over the course of the season. Nevertheless, I thought it was the right move back in December, and certainly now it looks like the right move.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Not really. Scola was looking very inconsistent offensively, and struggling a LOT on defense. He wasn't ready until recently.

18. awo86

awo86 Rookie

i would take andre miller any time of the day.

19. drankcity

drankcity Member

mac should be runnin point in the second half............by mac runnin point imo i think less turnovers, open shots for others i think this is when the rockets will be dangerous!

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm just glad it's not so shocking to have 3+ guys in double figures...unlike last year.