1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavericks - Team in Turmoil

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by poprocks, Feb 17, 2008.

1. NightHawk

NightHawk Member

No kidding. Steve Nash leaves and the Mavs have been better the past 4 years than they ever were under Nash, Dirk and Finley.

I dont think Cuban is ever going to let that team not be one of the elite teams in the league.
    I lived in Dallas back in 2002-03 when the Mavs first went to the conference Finals.
    The thought from myself and some of my Spurs friends was that the Mavs "Window was closing" because Nash, Finley and Nick Van Exel were all over 30 years old.
    What did Cuban and Nelly Do? They completly rebuilt the team around Dirk and three years later made the Finals with a completley different team. Dirk was the only player from the 2003 WCF team and the 2006 Finals team.

IF Dirk and Josh Howard were in their mid thirties I might agree that their "Window is Closing" but these guys are both in the prime of their careers.

Some of you guys severly overate Devin Harris.

His biggest problem is consistency. There are games against the Rox or against the Suns where he will look all World, and then there are many other games where he is not effective at all.

2. MaxwellsTemper

Who says Kidd doesn't shoot as well as Harris?? Don't forget layups count towards FG%, and that is Harris' specialty, not shooting. They both shoot 35% from three-point range.

And you'll have a very, very difficult time proving to me that Harris plays equal or better defense than Jason Kidd, who is a 9 time All-Defensive selection.

3. poprocks

poprocks Member

All I know is that Scola/Yao and Landry are gonna own Erika Dampier

4. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

thats what they said 2 years ago...yet kidd is still going strong. devin harris in no way compares to kidd

5. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

David Falk - KVH's agent, said KVH needs to take time to think about it. It's not sure deal on KVH's part.

6. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

He actually just agreed to sign the contract a few minutes ago. I knew he'd come through, he has a lot of respect for Cuban.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

source?

8. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

9. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

You are correct that Harris is jump shooting just marginally better than Kidd. In truth both are shooting really lousy from the outside (eFg% for jump shots .444 for Kidd, .453 for Harris)--so I guess the expression should be Harris shoots nearly as bad as Kidd from the outside.

But Harris is actually a very efficient offensive scorer because he gets to the rim so often and gets fouled a lot--things Kidd no longer does much. If you are quick and proficient enough to get to the rim like Harris does it makes you much more of a threat off the ball than Kidd has become. Harris' advantage in points per shot over Kidd is ridiculous (1.44 to 1.05).

10. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

the word hate dont describe what i feel abot the mavs. :mad:

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have been saying this ALL ALONG! I warned Dallas to trade Dirk for KG when they could have 2 years ago (yes I told MC). I am glad Avery Agrees with me. Well of course he does. He has a ring and knows what it takes! You can't win with a 7fter with no impact on the low post on either side (I sound like a broken record yet) and you cant win when your best player can't lead (wait that kind of looks negative on the Rockets, anyways).

WARNING=VECSEY Article
    But keep in mind="INFALLIBLE" source
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/02192008/sports/dishin_the_dirk_98342.htm?page=0

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yao don't say much. Duncan don't say much. They just dominate in the low post. That pretty much says it all.

Artest explained: “I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn’t do anything, he didn’t react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett’s ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I’m sayin’? That’s gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a…he’s a pimp.”

Pretty much how Yao is.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

minus all the championships, of course! that's kind of an important factor in that description of duncan. :D

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member