1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kidd trade back on again - biggest winner? KVH !

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Feb 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. JD2010

JD2010 Member

i think the second deal was antoine wright for dallas' second rounder

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Juwan would be the one to go. But it's a 4 for 2 trade. So why would they ahve to release someone? I know signing KVH would put them at 16, but couldn't they ask the NBA for a special extension of the roster like the ROckets did 2 years ago? If Juwan gets released, then he'll just go to the Celtics, since they could use another big with KG's injury. You know Thibodeau and Rivers love him too.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Well, there's our 2nd chance to grab Fazekas if we want to buy out Landry for all those Fazekas fans. ;)

4. NightHawk

NightHawk Member

The Mavs won more without Steve than with him.

Im not sure why you think the Suns are better than the Mavs. The Mavs have actually been to the Finals which something Nash has never done with the Suns.

The Mavs usually beat the Suns when those two teams face each other.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I thought the same thing.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

NBA... where BS, F***ked up trades happen... which further hampers the image of a very image-hampered league just coming off a positive All-star weekend experience.

7. Major

Major Member

Is the NBA any different from other leagues in that regard? Randy Moss for a 4th round pick? Santana, the best pitcher in baseball, for prospects due entirely to financial reasons? Texas trading A-Rod AND continuing to pay $10MM of his annual salary?

8. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

In this case it seems like the desperate team is the Mavericks. Usually, bad teams get the short end of the deal. This seems the opposite.

9. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

I think its a pretty good trade for dallas.

The only real thing they are giving up is Diop, but players like Diop grow on trees, they can sign shawn bradley again and have a decent replacement.

Jason Kidd gives them the attitude they need come playoff time.

As for the, just let him shoot crowd. They have plenty of shooters. D harris cant shoot at all and that never slowed them down.

I liked the trade much better for HOU, when they were losing george and stack as well

Ideal situation would have been trade going through, then league blocking stack's return. haha

10. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Member

11. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

You do realize KVH's last contract was worth 73 million, right? He's also a smart guy and knows how to keep up with his finances. He's busy with retirement and his family, and only did this to help Cuban and Thorn out, having respect for both men. You think leaving Colorado for a month or so is worth it for a guy like KVH? It was obvious he didn't need the money when he had his agent tell us he would take another 2 or 3 days to decide if he's sign or not. I'm surprised he gave the OK tonight.

Nonetheless, KVH is a lucky guy. It's nice having owners who like to overpay for his players.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In no other sports do RETIRED players get traded, or are viewed as "key" parts of a deal. Likewise, you don't see all that many buyouts in other sports in order so that players may resign with their original team.

And Moss didn't have all that much value after his Raiders years.

13. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

14. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I don't believe that for a second. The Mavs would have not discussed Van Horn in the trade if Van Horn hadn't shown interest in getting a contract.

It went something like this:

1)Cuban calls Van Horn. Do you want 4 million for the rest of the season? Van Horn: Hell Yeah

2)Cuban calls Thorn. Hey we can throw in Van Horn instead of George.

3) Done deal

#74 macfan, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I wonder what the Mavs see in Antoine Wright?

16. rocketsfaninsa

KVH gets $4 million for 30 days, then he is released! oh how nice it must be to be his lanky***.
    I tell ya, I never thought i'd be happy to see jason kidd traded to the freakin mavs, but this makes them weaker! he is great, but this happened late in the season and there will be a lot of pains from the change for both the current players and kidd. yao ming is going to kill dampier! really, this helps us a lot

17. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Good for KVH. He holds a special place in my heart for sucking so bad in the Houston/Dallas series of a couple years ago. It's almost like he was on the team.

18. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Stackhouse taken OUT of the deal... damn.... oh well, I still think we have what it takes to derail them.

19. TDRox

TDRox Member

This deal is crap. Now I hate Devean George more. I couldn't care less if it's costing Cuban an extra $11 mil, now instead of losing two rotation players in George & Stack, Dallas loses nothing. Even if Stack was going back, at least he would have had to sit out 30 days. Now they get Kidd for only Harris and Diop basically. WTF. Like I said before, Kidd's value doesn't lie in his declining skills, but his leadership and winner's mentality for loser-mentality Dallas. I think they're a better team now. This sucks.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm scared of Dallas now. Dirk was the leader and a chocker, which was a nice ace. Now Kidd is going to lead them, and that's frightening. For all the flack he gets about not being able to shoot, well, he's going to be surrounded by nothing but gunners.

Man, the West is scary. But we're in for some mind-blowing playoff series.

Evan