1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kidd trade back on again - biggest winner? KVH !

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaDakota, Feb 17, 2008.

Tags:
  1. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Kidd hasn't posted up that much this season, he rarely looks for his offense,You have to think about developing chemistry on the fly as well and will stackhouse and kidd have chemistry like harris and stackhouse. We will see

2. NightHawk

NightHawk Member

There is a possibility that Diop may be bought out by New Jersey.

If the Mavs resign Diop, then this trade is an absolute steal for them.

3. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

That is the easiest 4M buck a man could ever make without any risk.

Gonna love America.

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

:cool:

5. spysta

spysta Member

The mavs need to find away to purposely ruin the rest of devean georges career!!

6. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I take it you didn't get the news?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/0217dnspomavslede.367c390.html

It's funny how ESPN or Yahoo failed to report this. You would think they would be ethically inclined to do so after reporting an entirely made up story yesterday filled with bogus quotes from alleged league officials.

7. NightHawk

NightHawk Member

No kidding. Reminds me of that newspaper journalist on the Wire.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

This is how they got the trade to finally go through.........

[​IMG]

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Stackhouse staying is bad for the Rockets. A better punishment would've been to let him go to NJ and then block his going back to Dallas.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

What I meant by "BUSTED" is it exposes the Mavs as clearly having had an underhanded deal with New Jersey/Stackhouse in the first place, that he was never part of the original deal and would be bought out and re-signed by the Mavs 30 days later.

Had that not been the case (or had Stackhouse not outed the sham), he would still be in the deal. There would be no need to put Hassell in it nor give Van Horn that much money. After all, Cuban has to pay more luxury tax $$ as a result of this.

The Stackhouse part of the original deal was an underhanded attempt by Cuban and Thorn.

BTW, is a Cuban quote worth an ounce of spit anymore? A few weeks back he told the reporter to "step away from his crack dealer" when the reported suggested a Harris package for Jason Kidd (identical to the deal Cuban ultimately tried to make) AND he told reporters a week or so ago "we won't use [Van Horn] in any deal for anyone.

11. spysta

spysta Member

What about antwone wright is he still going to dallas?

12. redefined

I'm still hearing yes, for a future second rounder

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Losing Diop and Harris is going to hurt the Mavs for years to come. Losing those draft picks will also hurt them. I think they gave up too much for Kidd, but I wish the original deal would have went through. Losing George and possible Stackhouse would have hurt them more than losing Hassell and Van Horn.

Nonetheless, I'm glad Diop won't be around when we play them. I think he plays Yao better than their other bigs. I also prefer having to match up with Kidd to having to match up with Harris. Harris was too quick for Alston, but Kidd won't be.

14. redefined

I'm not doubting they discussed Stackhouse, but strictly looking at this deal contract wise, why wouldn't they rather give up Hassell? Only reason Stackhouse was included to begin with was because NJ didn't want to deal with Hassell's contract. It's obvious Thorn is now the one looking desperate. Either way, this deal is better for Dallas than the original one.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

In the original deal they would have gotten Stackhouse back anyway and it would have cost them less money.

This Hassell package the Nets get a 4 million expiring contract instead of Devean's 2.3 million. Unless the Mavs had negotiated for Stackhouse to be bought out for only the rest of this season 8.7 million (hassell's remain 2 years) is a nicer figure to negotiate down from than 15 million (stackhouse's remain 2 years).

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I like this deal, Cuban has screwed around so much he has mucked up the Mavs chances.

The ONLY deal I like in the West so far has been Gasol...the rest are panic moves.

DD

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

uh...kyle korver for giricek is a HUGE move for the jazz too. sometimes big moves don't have to involve big names.

18. redefined

With Hassell Nets are only netting a 7 million gain instead of 11 million under the cap which they were getting with Stackhouse. Hassell has a guaranteed contract in 09-10 worth 4.4 million, which is more than twice as much as Stackhouse's that year. Dallas already has to pay the luxury tax, but I'm looking at this long term.

19. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

How did the Mavs sign KVH? I know for a fact that they are not under the cap. Have they not used their MLE this summer?

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yes yes yes! Devin Harris is gone! No more Harris throwing himself into Yao.