1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento Bee: Houston a dark horse for Artest trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao#1, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ibm

ibm Member

not a bad idea. what is his contract situation though?

2. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

But SAC would only want to get rid of KT's contract not pick up James who we are stuck with.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

There is a reaon K.Smith said they had to make a move their repeat yr. Teams that haven't won a ring have to evaluate the situation and the teams their competing against and make real choices. Look, I believe in chemistry, good really good players can play with other really good players. Why isn't Dallas worried about chemistry? Why Phoenix that was the top seed wasn't worried about trading shaq? Its all about getting players that give u the best chance to win a ring.

Its not good enough to say the rox made the playoffs but lost because they didn't have that 3rd guy. Did anyone see shane in the playoffs last yr? I mean I'm not saying the rumor is true, but artest would give the rox a chance to be the top seed and a true contender.

I know a lot of people are scared off by the chance of him opting out, but winning and money makes things happen. If Lakers can pay Odom 9m, Gasol 12m and Kobe 20m why can't the rox pay Artest 9m?

Like I said, I like Shane, but Artest elevates this team to championship contender just like Wallace did detroit. Its something to be said for having a dog on ur team.

BTW, there were no guarantees that mcgrady was going to resign with his opt out clause. U can givehim an extension before the opt out. The team can negotiate right now if they choose. I'm telling you, he's not going to turn down 9 or 10m a y to play on a championship team.

4. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

You are absolutely on the money.

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

TMAC, Brooks for Artest+Bibby. would be a better trade.

6. mms

mms Member

i will do ab+sb for ra

or

ab+mj+sb for mb

7. Sextuple Double

Hell no WTF the Kings thinking we the Grizz!?

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i have a hard time believing sac wouldve taken brooks at no. 10

9. leebigez

The more I think about the rox preserving this ''chemistry'' the more pissed I get about not doing anything. I mean trading Swift and Gay for Shane is one thing, but not getting artest for shane is another.

CD for all his faults, he knew the rox would never beat the sonics without barkley so he made the deal. No on knew clyde was going to let Hornecek cancel him out. Still the rox made it to wcf. Clyde retired and Pippen looked good even after back surgery. Strike shortened season and the rox lost to the up and coming lakers.

Here we are not winning a series since 97 and right now outside the playoff picture and wasting another yr with yao and tracy. The rox are playing well, but anyone can see this team is missing a player or players. The west is loaded and now with Kidd maybe coming to a team that we don't matchup with, I'm really pissed.

I mean how many teams that are already above the rox have to improve their team before the number cruncher wakes up? I mean are the rox waiting for Denver to get artest or GSW to get a low post threat? What is the holdup. Artest is the truth and the rox need a players of his caliber. :mad:

10. Rocketrock

Rocketrock Member

Hell no. One year rental of Artest. (he has player's option next year) At his age, he would want a long term fat contract after this year. Can we offer with Tmac and Yao on table??? :(

11. Guru

Guru Member

I wouldn't give up Shane to get Artest...and frankly, I don't think we need to.

This trade works and benefits the Kings.

Kings Get:
    Brooks - Most important part of the deal
    Novak - Young shooter with an expiring contract
    Snyder - Expiring
    Francis - Expiring
    Hayes - Cheap, young Kenny Thomas
    James - Shorter and smaller contract than Kenny Thomas

Rockets Get
    Artest - Could walk out at the end of the year
    Kenny Thomas - The only way, Kings buy this
    Beno - Back up for Rafer

Rockets line up
    Rafer/Beno
    T-Mac/Bonzi/Head
    Artest/Battier/Mike Harris :D
    Scola/Landry/Thomas
    Yao/Deke

Kings Line Up - I could care less!!

12. leebigez

Nets get Harris,stack, and diop for kidd, but posters don't want to give up a run of the mill glue guy for a all star caliber need position type in shane? U can get shane battier types anywhere. Whether its rasual butler or james jones or guys like that. We're talking about shane f'ing battier for artest.

13. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I think you are right if its short term don't do it. But if we can get Ron for a few years I'll take that trade in a heartbeat.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is why Daryl Morey gets paid to be the GM of the Rockets.

And you don't.

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

lee...
    You're right on the money but you might as well save your breath. Battier is Morey's (and this boards) Sacred Cow. And the Maloof's won't give Artest to Adelman unless they are robbing the Rockets. And Battier for Artest is robbery in the Rockets' direction. ;)

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Two points about the article.

Francis isn't an expiring contract.

Trading away Scola leaves the Rockets with only Hayes as the sole PF on contract next season.

17. phil2000

phil2000 Member

scola for no one except Kobi and LJ

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Haslem, Williams, Parker, lotto pick (top 5)
    Bibby, Artest, lotto pick

When it happens you can anoint me Captain Ziggy.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Bulls traded him. Pacers traded him. And now the Kings want to trade him. Doesn't that say something? Great defensive player but he comes with a lot of baggage. He's a great player but teams are always trying to move him. I wonder why?

20. Starscream

Starscream Member

After all the years I watched Pro sports no team as I witnessed can depend heavily on rookies to make a deep post season run.

Cinderalla teams are few and far between in this day and age.

We cannot and should never rely on 3 rookies in the post season, that is a disaster in the making particulary when the rookies are most likely going to hit the rookie wall in the second half of the season but playing in the post season with 0 experience they will crumble, this is almost a given.

We already seen this disaster happen before, case in point Luther Head,

Relying the starters like Rafer, Battier, will also be a disaster as was proved last year against Utah,

We need a legitimate impact (player) 3rd scorer if this year means anything for the win it now philosophy.

our stars are known to crack under post season pressure, a third scorer shores up that fundemental weakness.

What is most disgusting about the new Lakers is they have atleast 4 guys now that can go off on 30+ any given night, KB, Gasol (who just proved this over the past week, 30 and 26) Bynum and possibly Odom.
    A true playoff experienced warrior and leader in KB and same champsionhip experience PG in Fisher.

That is just sick.

We do not have anyone that I can see (with high probabilty) remotely go off on 30+ beside the obvious two. We have no one with any championship or finals experience but depend alot on rookies even late in the 4th Q.

giving up laudnry, Brooks and even Scola let alone major scrub Battier who again only won his first freeakin playoff games last year with us must be an option if we can get Miller or Artest.

every team that is actually serious about making a finals run has already made their moves, are we gonna sit on our asses and do nothing.

time will tell . . . .