1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sportsline] Dallas trades for Jason Kidd

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by steddinotayto, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Sextuple Double

I don't care what it does for anyone else, but here's what it does for us.

They lose the speed that always kills us with Devin Harris and his constant penetration. They lose half their defense against Yao. They lose several swingmen to throw at T-Mac. Kidd isn't as lethal a penetrator as Harris is, and the Rockets have been known to shut him down over the past few years. This helps us out big time.

2. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Jeez, and they just let Nash walk away only to trade half their roster for an aging star...Second reaction trade to the Gasol trade right there. I don't see the Suns or the Mavs as much of a threat anymore.

3. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Sextuple Double:

Your signature sucks and your post stinks.

WTG to put up a signature to insult Rockets fans and post in the Rockets forum.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Mark Cuban is a liar. He just got done saying how he wouldn't break up his team for this trade. I guess he's going to deny McNamee injected him with HGH and steroids as well. LIAR!

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

You seriously have to be taking the piss! Harris can shoot lights out???
    Dude have you watched the mavs in the past three seasons? Devin's shooting ability = JKidd. But, Devin has shown improvement in his shooting in every season since he got drafted, albeit slight improvement.

The dude talking about trading for Mo Ager must be smoking some harsh stuff.
    Bro, The mavs let him go for a reason. The dude is a waste of space, period.
    If he showed half the effort on the practice court that Devin or JJ Barea showed, he would have received time on the court. Luther is so much better than Ager that it aint even funny.

6. ferrari77

That wasn't the main reason they lost. Who's guarding Captain jack? Will Dirk and JHo step up like Stack did against the warriors?

7. ferrari77

I highly disagree. This season, Kidd has channeled his inner vince carter and is going through the motions for a crap team. Yet Kidd is still posting real nice numbers that Harris ain't putting up. In the future Harris will get better but right now theres no doubt Kidd is a better pg than Harris. Go ask lebron who he'd want on his team, Kidd or Harris.

8. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Well this deal really made me mad. Kidd is the best PG in the game in my opinion. I see a lot of people on this board saying that this help the Rockets becasue they gave us too much and Kidd can't shoot. New flash Kidd never been a great shooter and he still been the best PG in the game the last 10 years or so my opinion. My point is Kidd will make everyone on that team better just like he did in NJ. Remember he took them to 2 finals without a lot of help and made K-mart look like an all-star. So what do you think he will to with a team that have 2 all-star type players?

9. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The rule needs to be amended to where a player can't play for his former team for the remainder of the season, or, he can return but is ineligible for the playoffs.

That Stackhouse openly yakked about it is galling and brazen.

Garbage.

Evan

10. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Harris is a much better shooter this year than his previous years, particularly from the outside. He still prefers to take it to the hole, but he will burn you if you leave him open now. His TS% is sky high for a point guard, and it makes Kidd's look like a complete joke. And I don't buy this argument that Kidd was "going through the motions" in NJ -- Kidd has always been the type of player that gives it all he's got on the court no matter what; and he was still posting triple doubles on a regular basis (mostly because NJ's front court absolutely sucks at rebounding). Kidd is a better pure point guard, no doubt, but as far as production is concerned/how much each player contributes to his team, Harris has a clear edge.

This I agree with. Ager has the prototypical size you'd like in a guard and has good shooting touch, but apparently he doesn't seem to have "it" between the ears.

11. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i hope stackhouse gets injured

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

that would be complete bull**** if the league allows stack to re-sign with the mavs if he gets bought out...especially after that quote from stack.

there would be some serious integrity issues in my eyes if that kind of stuff is allowed to go on. and it creates a major imbalance between the haves and have-nots of the NBA.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

He took them to 2 finals in the East. K-Mart was playing at an all-star level, even without Kidd, before his injuries. Kidd is great, no doubt. But the Mavs ain't winning a championship with him.

14. Sextuple Double

Your name alone implies that yours must be -2.

I've seen and read way too much BS for me not to have this sig with the T-Mac hate, the stupid YOF/TOF/AOF/WTFOF debates, and rarely any legitimate display of B-ball knowledge.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Dallas sucks.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just dreaming, but sure would be nice to offer a couple of young players (Brooks + Landry) plus expiring for Devin Harris... though I know New Jersey wouldn't go for that. I do wonder what the street value of Landry and Brooks is though.

All these teams adding older players -- would be nice to trade young assets for a younger experienced or in-his-prime player.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

As much as I like Landry's game and enjoy seeing Brooks leave everyone in the dust....

you have to do that deal if they would do it.

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

LOL! My name implies I am spending major time in golfing. Stupid.

People come here to BS. If you dont like BS, stop visiting instead of put up a stupid sig.

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Hey I'm with you I hope they don't win anything. But Kidd will make them a better team no doubt.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Thank You, Mark Cuban

Sincerely,

Anonymous Rocket fan