1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I hate the Warriors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rox1, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I like being in this position. It makes us keep winning. The Warriors feel it too. Personally I think Denver will be the odd team out, but everyone ahead of them had better watch out too. It's a dogfight, and if Dallas, San Antonio, Utah and New Orleans relax they might just fight themselves in an unexpected spot.

2. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

You're pretty much right, DD. However, you gotta admit that Don Nelson gets every ounce out of the collective ability of his roster. The Warriors never should have made the playoffs last year, and when they did...just ask Avery "Nellie's playing tricks on me" Johnson. NELLIE PRESS RELEASE: Monta Ellis to start rest of season at center. AJ: "Oh sheet. Must bench our big men and play small ball against the best small ballers of 'em all."

Fearless and stupid...for now.

3. allforone

allforone Member

I personally think they aint strong enough to deserve my hatred in the long run

4. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

i think it is the jacking up 3's and making them that makes me not like them. It feels like cheesers on a video game when i watch the warriors play. Even though they do that they still are very exciting.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

Nellie is the master of controlling tempo. The warriors dont win becasue they shoot a lot of treys. They win because they get out there running and gunning for easy transition baskets, and if teams can take that away from them, that warrior team is a dead beat. Control the glass is the key. Keep cool at all time, execute, excute, they are nothing.

6. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

dude that game was extremely fun to watch. Crrrrrazy comeback, it was sick. 8th seed isn't what we're aiming for anyway, stop being worry wart.

7. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I don't think the Rockets are in a fight just to make the playoffs with just one or two teams. They're really in a fight with nine other teams to make the playoffs.

Actually, only five games separate the top spot from ninth right now. I think that if the Rockets can keep on playing the way they're playing right now, they might have their sights set on getting homecourt advantage rather than just on grabbing a playoff spot.

As for the Warriors, It's possible that if the Rockets are able to win their one remaining game in Oakland against them on the 21st of March, they might own the tiebreaker on them because of a better conference record since the teams would end up splitting the season series 2-2.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we could steal some of there passion and fearlessness......

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Hell, I would just settle for their home crowd atmosphere. Their fans are nuts and treat home games like they're college games or something. It definitely has to be one of the hardest venues to play in.

Anything beats playing in the.....

[​IMG]

10. yaoayao

yaoayao Member

i hate mavericks and jazzs , GSW is still out of the list , even i dont think GSW is a threat .

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wow... :rolleyes:

12. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

well said.

13. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Without taking the playoff race and our 2 losses to them earlier in the season into consideration, I think the Warriors are one of the funnest teams to watch in the NBA. I love their style of play and love even more that they upset the Mavs in playoffs last year (this gives me lots of ammo to talk smack to my friends from Dallas).

The run-and-gun style may not work in the playoffs, but it is sure exciting to watch. With that being said, I do hope they lose a few games so we can claim that 8th spot

14. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I enjoy watching the Warriors play. A large part of it is that Don Nelson may be the only coach on the face of the planet that could get those guys into the playoffs. Every other coach in the NBA would try to mold them to his system or tell them NOT to take stupid shots. Nelson realizes he's got a bunch of fast and athletic shot jackers and lets them have free reign on the court. As a result, you have a good team and one of the most exciting to watch in the entire league. I'd rather leave another team out of the playoffs than not get to watch the GSW.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sums it up perfectly...

16. Sextuple Double

The Toyota Center looks packed. When was this!?

17. avb

avb Member

Phoenix has a very real possibility of falling out of the playoffs too depending on how long it takes them to adjust with Shaq. This is Phoenix's next 7 games:

Wed, Feb 13 @ Golden State
    Thu, Feb 14 Dallas
    Wed, Feb 20 LA Lakers
    Fri, Feb 22 Boston
    Sun, Feb 24 Detroit
    Tue, Feb 26 @ Memphis
    Wed, Feb 27 @ New Orleans

That's 6 possible losses out of the next 7 games. They lost Marion's production, and it's gonna take at least a few games with Shaq to adjust. Phoenix right now has 15 losses on the season, if they lose 6 they're in danger of falling out.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

now i hate them even more....damn WARRIORs they sure do put up a fight

19. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This was the sellout against Portland. The upper bowl was even louder, you just couldn't hear it.