1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Griffin have an inside game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCkid, Jan 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. DCkid

DCkid Member

I keep wanting the Rockets to give the ball to Griffin in the post just to see what he can do, but they never pass him the ball. In college, did he have any sort of inside moves, or was he strictly an outside shooter? It would be great if the Rockets had an inside presence that could draw a double team now and then.

2. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

He got a lot of garbage points in college...but he could still shoot (although the range he has now is something that he probably honed this past summer).

Those of us that caught the summer league games were pretty impressed with his post up game. He would catch the ball more in the short corner than the low post, but he showed some nice moves with his back to the basket. He didn't take it to the hole very often, but showed a real nice fade away jumper, and with his length it was pretty easy to get off.

3. edc

edc Member

Whatever post-up game EG has now is raw talent. I can't wait for (say) two seasons from now, after CD has had a couple of summers with him, and (hopefully) the weight room will have been "berry, berry good to him." He will be unstoppable!

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Why does it seem that everyone wants to make Griffin a massive player. I'd just as soon like to see him concentrate on his dribbling. But if it is a definite that he will one day man the 5 spot for good, then I guess working on his wieght on post-up game should be a priority. Let's just hope he has the work-ethic to work on his whole game as he progresses.

5. MadMax

MadMax Member

jay -- i think people want to see griffin evolve into a bigger player because there doesn't seem to be a real good alternative for us at that position!

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

What is Kelvin Cato ? Chopped liver...:D
    (Yes)..Start Eddie at the 5 !

7. jshabang

jshabang Member

The Rook has a KILLER turnaround fade from either the left and right post that is unblockable.

Its just that the rocks haven't called to many Post up plays this season for anyone KT included. Mainly ISO and Pick and Rolls

TRust me you would be just as impressed with his post as everything else the kid does

8. leebigez

leebigez Member

I hope he develops just like all the other big men in our past. The jump hook used to be a staple of our post players. You could just tell it was rubbing off on Othella also. If they give him the ball low sometimes , maybe we'll see, but these guards like dribbling the spaulding off the ball.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i don't know if having him as apost player is my main concern. if he turns out to be like tim duncan, great. it he wants to play the perimeter like garnett, i won't argue

10. TBar

TBar Member

I agree with smooth - either direction he takes will be fine. I would rather see him develop as a perimeter / Kevin Garnet player-he is built for that. I am concerned for him inside- asw thin as he is - he could take a beating - like Marcus Camby. Eddie would not last as long. I see him as a finesse player.

I hope he does outstanding for his home crowd in Philadelphia tonite - good luck Eddie!!!!

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If Eddie develops a reliable scoring move, inside or outside, let him play that spot.

If Eddie develops two reliable scoring moves from the same spot, let him play that spot.

If Eddie develops three reliable scoring moves from the same spot, he's Hakeem Olajuwon. Let him play wherever the hell he wants.