1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Rockets should trade Francis - this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 31, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Everyone knows the Rockets are trying to move James, and maybe Snyder, but I think the Rockets should be looking to move Steve too.

It is clear that the Low risk/high reward thing did not work out, and he really doesn't fit on a move without the ball and back cut team.

I wouldn't mind him sitting all year as insurance, but Steve has a players option for year 2, and he just may excercise it and take up a rosters spot and monies that could be used to get a player that fits the Rockets for next year.

I hope they are looking to trade Steve, for his sake, and ours.

DD

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

what in the world could you get in return? i'd be all for it, i just don't think you'd get a thing worth talking about.

3. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Someone might give you a 2nd round pick or something to give him a look...someone like Clevland etc.

DD

4. RyanED

RyanED Member

DanDAkoda,

Iloev to read uor posts! :cool: I rode a bout this weth my AOL spot blog1 :p ;) Stevey Franshize shoud be tradded! :mad: :eek: MAbrey teh HOusten Rokcets well tradd weth the MAjic for GG REddik? :confused: :mad:

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hi XXXX...welcome back.

;)

DD

#5 DaDakota, Jan 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  6. lastmanstanding

To who and for what?
    Any and all value he had before the season has taken a plummet.

7. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

Cmon man ur just being a Stevie hater. Do you realy trust a Luther head or a rafear alston in the playoffs. Granted Stevie has had a bad year but its not like he's a cancer on the team. If an injury were 2 occur wouldn't you want a decent backup. He still has some serious upside and can still contribute to this team. Rafaer has had a very good year by his standards but he still is a mediocre pg. Steve Francis just three years a good was a star. He just needs to prove himself in practice and he'll get PT. At worse he could ride the pine all year and opt out of his contract. Tendenitis is a serious injury that causes great pain but it's not career theartening. With RA as coach u never kno whats cmon in terms of rotation; Stevie still can have a positive impact on the team. Hes get paid relatively little compared to James and the Rockets are not looking 2 trade him. if stevie were 2 rejuvinate his career then his best chance is in Houston

Ur just hating on Stevie and all the pro-Stevie posters

8. drich

drich Member

man i love all your post DD but this one i don't think you did your homework on or everyone has been mislead because i am hearing that stevie's knee is in such bad shape that his career may be over. just heard matt bullard on 610 yesterday talking about this also. he was saying the samething that his career may be over due this knee injury. so the only thing you could trade for is someone looking for cap relief for next year that is about it never any type of pick

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It might be worth waiting. You know Adelman is going to play Franchise again. If Mike James gets a couple of minutes here and there it's a cinch that Francis will eventually, and who knows? At the very least he can't lower his trade value any further.

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Actually that is EXACTLY what I am afraid of......if that is the case, then he will excercise his option for an additional $2 million next year and we have another Bobby Sura situation where cap space is taken up.

I don't hate Steve, I wanted him to work out, but if he is not going to play then I want him off the books.

DD

11. Guru

Guru Member

I was reading that Sacremento is willing to part with Artest and is looking for cap relief and picks; given that, we could use Francis' expiring contract with others and trade for him.

Kings get Francis + Snyde + Bonzi + 2nd rounder...(All expiring and pick)
    Rockets get Artest.

Flame on...:D

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not bad at all, and if Artest opts out, no big deal because the Rockets are in the same position as they would be if we don't make that trade.

But, I don't think that is enough money.......probably about 10 mill short.

:(

DD

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Without him, the rockets could only get 27-28 wins so far! ;)

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

I"m still cheering for the dude. Go Franchise!

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

At this point, Steve Francis is filler for a trade. Ain't that ain't all bad, should the need arise.

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Is it just me or does each new thread seem to get exponentially worst with each additional day off. Not looking forward to All-Star break it'll be torture.

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

yeah I saw this post I think my eyes are bleeding. :eek:

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I think you just puke on everything.

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Imagine if we bought out Francis' contract.

Dude would have collected two big paychecks (obviously Portland's was much bigger) in less than six months after having played less than 200 min during that span, the equivalent of about 5-6 games for a starter.

20. Asian Sensation

Pick up JJ Redick? and now trade Steve Francis? He will either contribute for us or nobody. He knows it.. we know it and other GM's damn well know it.