1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Help please..Am I gonna be in trouble?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by crimemastergogo, Jan 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

It seems like I was too hasty in passing judgment.

2. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Obviously this dude doesnt know what hes doing.
    He could get his money back without the use of a lawyer.
    It sounds like hes mad/desperate and just trying to scare you.
    Clearly this is your mistake.
    It just depends if you want to resolve it or wait and see if someone else resolves it for you.
    It sounds like he's pretty pissed, so I dont think it will stop here and if he files a claim w paypal your basically screwed.
    What I would do is apologize and ask if he would be intrested in keeping the phone if you offered him an agreeable partial refund.
    It would probably be the easiest for everyone, but you may have already put your foot in your mouth in his opinion.

These are ebay/paypal return policies, and make sure he knows that...
    -You never, ever, send any kind of refund until you have the item returned and in hand.
    -You are not obligated to cover the return shipping fees. (but if you dont handle this careful with this issue he will probably decide to leave you a negative feedback if he hasnt already.)

3. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Never EVER refund without receiving your item back FIRST.

My initial reaction, gut feeling... was this was a reverse scammer, claiming you scammed him...

Nope... eat your 100% if you have to, and just create a new account... he doesn't want to ruin his 100% I can guarantee you.

If he doesn't take your counter offer of money back, tell him that the only way you'll negotiate further is through ebay's dispute system.

p.s. - It would be real easy, and truthful at that to leave him a negative that says "DID NOT READ FULL DESCRIPTION, POOR COMMUNICATION."

4. Fatty FatBastard

Not only that, but you're 20 yrs. old, and new to this crap. Had someone done this to me (and I HAVE sold items as BRAND NEW when they'd been used a couple days) I, again would've told him to suck it.

****, I've pretty much found out that even though we know who screwed my car in a hit and run, the cops aren't going to do anything about it.

5. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I'd be really careful to offer the money to him. He could easily claim that no money was mailed. Keep all the receipts and paypal information if you do send money over. Also keep his emails confirming that he'll take that remedial.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But you stated that the drums were "for a beginner". Also, since your roommate apparently annoys you by playing the drums, why does he need new ones?

[Lawyer 1 - Your honor, I object - relevance?]

[Lawyer 2 - Goes to credibility, your honor]

[Judge - Overruled]

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Maybe you weren't after all, Mango.

8. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Wait what's this drum stuff? Thought it was a phone? Maybe I have not read carefully!

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how do you not have the money to refund if you just sold it? :confused:

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man, I just read the ebay listing and I'd say it's HIGHLY possible that most people who read it to buy the thing would be under the impression it was new considering it reads "BRAND NEW" in big bold letters in multiple places.

So, haha at you saying you "accidentally" put used and new in there.

Anyway, everyone else is right here. Don't worry too much about it and deal with it through emails, paypal, etc. This guy isn't going to take you to court over a few hundred bucks and he certainly isn't going to find a lawyer who would represent him in the case.

11. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

:D

soudns like the elmu guy (or whatever) when he initially said he "accidently" forgot to say he was still currently employed

12. danny317

danny317 Member

cause people on ebay sell below retail all the time...

you messed up. you should just appologize and refund the man's money.

but make sure you get your cell phone first.

if he cant return your cell phone back to you then work out some type of partial refund (maybe 5-10%)

im thinking you must have aggravated him to the point where hes willing to take it to court just to make a point...

good luck.

13. playlife

playlife Member

He used it on strippers

14. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

fair enough :D

15. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I don't get why anyone would be on his case for asking some general questions just because he's having money problems.

He can't be curious? Never allowed to purchase non-essential items in the future? We all look at/ask questions about things we can't afford.

I mean, it's clear he was lying about the roommate drum thing, but probably cause it appears he's super cowardly in general, but still!

16. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

By looking at your moniker, crimemastergogo, looks like you are in trouble anyway, mister.

Just kidding.

Good luck with the situation.

17. crimemastergogo

Alright,

i talked to his lawyer, he called me.. no clue how he got my phone number.

I told him I'm willing to give a full refund and have the phone first OR i would give him a $50 refund and let him have the phone as $435 for a used one is not a bad deal at all..

Lawyer called me back after an hr said hes ready to have his $50..

I dont even know if that was a real lawyer he sounded homosexicle..

So I guess I'm fine..

Thanks for the help though.. Appreciate it

18. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

You just got out of one Ditch and promptly drove into another.

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Tell that homosexicle lawyer to go f himself. Ask him for a scan of his law degree via email in the next 2 hours.

20. cson

cson Contributing Member

Yeah, you didn't speak to no lawyer.

I'm w/ Fatty, Feck 'em.