1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let the NBA know

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Summit, Jan 11, 2002.

1. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Here is the link to complain to the NBA about tonights officiating. I have never seen anything like that before and if enough of CC.net complains, maybe they will take notice. Not only did the Rockets get screwed tonight, but I thought they did as well at the end of the Indiana game when Francis was practically taken to the floor as time expired by Jermaine O'Neal. It may not make a difference, but that pisses me off so much I feel like I should do something.......

http://www.nba.com/email_us/letters_to_nba.html

2. insideout

insideout Contributing Member

This is what I wrote:

Dear Sir:

Yesterday was one of the most poorly officiated NBA games I have ever witnessed. The matchup was the Houston Rockets against the Utah Jazz. The officials effectively undermined any attempts made by the Rockets to wage an effective game by 1) removing their best player, Steve Francis, with two "questionable" technicals, and 2) selectively calling fouls in favor of Utah , e.g. calling a foul on Eddie Griffin for setting a pick when John Stockton clearly initiated the foul by FLAILING BACKWARDS. Both these points can and should be verified by replay tapes.

I realize that the reputation of Utah is agressive and fundamental basketball. But there comes a time when officials need to start officiating rather than be willed by "veteran" players like Malone or Stockton or by the heat of the moment. Furthermore, there needs to be some accountability taken on the part of the officials when they do make the wrong calls. In this case, it was unfortunate that the Rockets lost due to the referrees, but this is not an isolated case. Every night, there are NBA games where horrendous calls are made by referrees, and they affect (for the worse) the outcome of what otherwise are very enjoyable games.

All that I, and many other fans ask, is that NBA games be fair and in keeping in standards league has set forth. As of now, they are not. Until referees are in some way incentivized to pursue a higher standard in the way they officiate games, please know that a good many fans will continue to voice their displeasure---and be drawn to other forms of entertainment that shows good judgement and equitable officating. The league can only suffer from this.

Sincerely,

3. DCballer

DCballer Member

Here is what I wrote:

Last nights Jazz, Rockets game was one of the worst officiated games I have ever F***ing seen. This kind of crap is really starting to turn me away from the NBA. I am willing to bet that if you took a poll of people who are no longer fans of the NBA you would find that a good number would tell you that they were tired of refs calling fouls based on who you are, not the rules. Plus they would tell you they were tired of refs determining the outcome of the game. The NBA should pull up it's skirt, grab it's balls, and stop being such a little B***h. Take a stand and do something about the officiating for once.

Sorry for the grammar and spelling, I'm really pissed.

4. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

Anyone else who is pissed about the officiating last night please click the link at write the NBA. They need to know how pathetic it has become.

5. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Okay, here's mine.

<HR WIDTH=75%><I>
    Re: Joey Crawford in HOU vs. UTA on 1/10/2002

The refs need to call what they see. Not what they anticipate and not what they "think" might have happened. Bottom line - if it didn't happen, then you didn't see it.

The irony is that Utah has a reputation for throwing elbows, and Crawford accuses Francis.

Steve Francis was on pace for a career night. There is no way he threw an elbow or would even consider it.

You know I'm right or Steve would be suspended, which he won't be.

However it's done, publicly or privately, Steve Francis and the Rockets deserve an apology and Crawford deserves a reprimand.

The performance that Steve put on in the first half is why fans watch the game.

The performance that Crawford put on in the second half is why we stop.
    </I>
    <HR WIDTH=75%>

6. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Here's mine:

Hello!

Normally, I don't get too worked up over bad/missed calls even if the game was on the line.

But what I saw last night shocked me to no end. Joe Crawford made one of the worst mistakes the NBA has ever seen.

Please place him in the Iron Maiden for a few hundreds hours. Perhaps a few days with the genital cuff would work wonders. I never want to see him doing a Rockets game again, especially at home.

If Joe is ever scheduled to call a game in Houston, you will want to reassign him. He will suffer physical harm if ever ventures in the Compaq Center again. Not from me, I'm a lover, not a fighter. There are many people here who will take action though.

We are obviously biased, but you know you're right when the opposing team's players, coaches and sports writers totally agree that Crawford blew it last night.

Even the Jazzholes agree that it was a crock! What more evidence do you need?

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Heres Mine :

**** YOU DAVID STERN!! YOU FREAKIN DON KING CHEATING b****!!!!

8. Houstone

Houstone Member

That must of took forever to think of..

But it's a damn good one...:)