1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still hate T-Mac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tigermission1, Jan 25, 2008.

1. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

He's been playing relatively hard the last few games, and he's been mentally and emotionally in the game of late...and what do ya know, that emotion has rubbed off on his teammates and has translated to wins.

Getting paid what he gets paid, it's hard to ride his genitalia for something he's supposed to be doing for all 82 games anyway. But yes, I'll give the man his due for the lift he's provided the Rockets since he's come back.

This is what we've been waiting for. For him to impose his will EVERY NIGHT. Not to be loafing back on D....or even loafing on O. Not to pout when he doesn't get the ball or when his teammates screw up. There's still room for improvement in regards to those things, but I'll take this version of McGrady as long as he's playing hard and actually looks like he cares. That's all I want out of him.

Let's see it continue for the rest of the season....

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm not sure that's true for any guard or small forward in the entire league. Maybe even most power forwards.

I guess you hate all NBA players except centers and guys like Carl Landry.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I don't hate Tracy McGrady.

I just never know which of his personalities is going to show up, and that's the problem.

Will it be Clutch Mac or Choke Mac?
    Will it be Smart Mac or Dumb Mac?
    Will it be Team Mac or Selfish Mac?
    Will it be Aggressive Mac or Passive Mac?
    Will it be Do Mac or Talk Mac?

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think you're definitely Hate Mac.

5. feihung316

feihung316 Member

umm...ok. i don't hate the rockets, it's just i never know which rockets will show up, and that's the problem.

will it be winning rockets or losing rockets?

6. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

I will continue to disagree with you until teams stop plugging the middle and dare others to shoot the ball.

7. bluesinsoul

bluesinsoul Member

orz
    post of the day

8. drich

drich Member

t mac for miller are you serious why not just trade battier or someone else around the rockets and get a good player to play the wing it can be done and keeping tmac. If RA would have been the coach instead of JVG mike miller would have been here instead of battier rudy gay and swift for mike miller, RA probaly would have kept gay and swift though but my point is you do not have to move TMac for a guy such as mike miller or another nice wing because teams are trying to cut payroll right now

9. fhoopchina

fhoopchina Rookie

It is not about hate or love. It is a shame sometimes to see such a talent squandering his skills on the court. He has a big ego, that is for sure. The thing is: he has the fattest pay check yet he has never led the rockets into the second round. Yeah he has made other players a bit better but he seems to be out of sync with the whole team. He wants to carry all the load but we all know it is the team efforts that win the games.

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Im tired of people blamming just Tmac on not being able to get past the first round. He stepped up big time during the playoffs its just some of the other players didnt. Kobe hasnt done **** without Shaq either.

Im also tired of people complaining about how much he gets paid. Look at this guys that are making way worst then Tmac

Highest-paid active players for the 2006-07 season

Chris Webber Philadelphia 76ers $20,718,750
    Shaquille O'Neal Miami Heat $20,000,000
    Michael Finley San Antonio Spurs 19,030,999
    Stephon Marbury New York Knicks $17,184,375
    Grant Hill Orlando Magic $16,901,500
    Ben Wallace Chicago Bulls $16,000,000
    Eddie Jones Memphis Grizzlies $15,697,500
    Jalen Rose Phoenix Suns $16,101,500
    Steve Francis New York Knicks $15,070,000
    Elton Brand Los Angeles Clippers $14,248,000
    Lamar Odom Los Angeles Lakers $12,348,596

and the list goes on and on. Theres plenty of overpaid Athletes worst then Tmac. I dont think Tmac is overpaid at all and theres probably plenty of teams willing to pay for him if they could.