1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sonics 1/23/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 22, 2008.

1. cneptune

cneptune Member

Made you jump outta you seat? Dude I was sitting right behind the backboard at Key Arena when that shot went down! There was another couple from H-Town sitting right in front of us. So I had other Rowdies to give high fives to.

2. gogorocketsgogo

I wondered the same thing, but then why would I worry about something that hadn't happened?

3. mac n ming

mac n ming Member

r r2k's highlights out yet. i know there is a tracker website but i forgot what the address was.

4. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Damn, Durant is gonna be so damn good...

Great game by tracy tonight. He shut up all of the people who said he sucked down clutch...

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Analysis? We won because a superstar took over at the end of the game and did his thing, bum knee and all.

6. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea thats what I'm saying. I don't think T-mac be nervous at all, becasue if he was he would never even want the ball at that time of the game. But as you saw he went to get the ball so that let you know hes not scare.

7. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

How did Durant make T-mac look old?

8. AttackTheRack

AttackTheRack Member

Tracy IS old! In basketball years, anyway. Plus he's coming off an injury, which doesn't help. Durant is a stud, anyway - no shame in having to work hard against that kid.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tracy worked hard in that game? he was chillin for the most part.

10. greensky421

greensky421 New Member

Nothing to be enjoyed, this is just a lucky win.

Yao changed after Mac came back.

Apparently, They cannot get along with each.

Trade one of them.

11. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Last 3 games Yao is

25.6 PPG 14.3 RPG 2 BPG 3.6 APG 2 T.O. (60 FG% - 80 FT %)

YES I WANT THIS NEW CHANGED YAO.

12. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

I liked how Yao was physically aggressive against Thomas beginning right in the 1st quarter including "accidentally" knocking Thomas in the nose. I think he intended to send a message to KT which KT seemed to get: No more Mr. Niceguy.

I hope Yao keeps it up.

13. apocclass

apocclass Member

LOL some people are so clueless around here

14. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

Hi, man nothing personal. But if you still believe in that and T-mac is still playing in the old way like he did against Sonics. I am afraid that we are seeing more first round exit in the following years.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

uh we have gone into game 7 both times since tmac has been a rocket. we have lost simply in just 3-4 plays. you're making it seem like we have zero chance if tmac plays that way.

and i keep emphasizing, we NEED tmac to play that way in the 4th. he just does not have to do it in the other 3 quarters (which he had to do the last 3 yrs). as lon as we keep him fresh for 3 quarters with balanced offense, we'll do big things.

16. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

His old way suits best under JVG's system. And we got kicked out 2 times(it seems you mean 2 time is not that a big num, how about 6 times???). Now we are playing RA's theory which apparently conflicts with his old style. And let him play in the old way without a change? No, Thx.

We do need him in the fourth quarter. Rick ever mentioned KO comb when he was talking about T-mac & Yao(see Chron). That is something I like to see it happening. But if he is not fitting in and still going alone every time, I just dont see any happy endding.

We ve been over this again and again. Really sick of explaing every time. End of the story.

17. gogorocketsno1

If Yao learns the martial art "iron head" he will be able to break a brick with his head easily :D and so when he spins no one will dare to stay close.

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Gotta bump this one up.

19. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

One of the reasons we won, is because we caused Seattle to look deep at their bench. Because of them getting in foul trouble.

20. jc1988

jc1988 Member

Kurt Thomas' flopping disgusted me so bad...

he flopped successfully at least 3 times to cause loose-ball foul and extra processions for Seattle...

disgusting..