1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: We Are Just Like A Sinking Ship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Based on this season, I think they have great chemistry together. From what I saw, he was the best at getting Yao the ball. Steve also did a great job at finding Scola for easy buckets. They have nice chemistry also. But like T-Mac, Francis is only good to us when/if he's healthy.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yes I agree! Tonight they should borrow a set of Clyde's old golf clubs and rent one of those stretch Hummer Limos and drive to SA and bust into the Spurs lockerroom during halftime of the cleveland Spurs game and start wailing on them. GO for Duncan Ginobili and parker first. So when the spurs come to town we will be ready to kick some butt!

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I don't mean any offense, pryuen, but as soon as I read the thread title, I knew it was from you. I read it and thought, "Hmm... That doesn't sound like Yao Ming..."

4. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

"with the women and children"

LMAO!!!

5. yobod

yobod Member

Part of the problem is Adelman's player rotations themselves. Why does Luther Head continually get minutes at the ends of games, when execution is at a premium? The guy is a turnover waiting to happen because for whatever reason, he just cannot make that entry pass into Yao. His decision making is piss poor at best, and he costs the team valuable possessions. The only thing he brings to the table is his spot-up shooting. Bonzi is another guy who continuously makes mistakes on both ends of the court. His defense is atrocious, and on offense, unless he's backdoor cutting, he's a liability. The only redeeming quality about his game is his rebounding. We have talented players on the roster, but very few of them are fundamentally sound enough to be able to execute the gameplan for 48 minutes.

I could honestly not care whether Scola starts the game, but he absolutely needs to be on the court at the end. His offense is a HUGE boost in the 4th when Yao has been beaten around for 3+ quarters, and his hustle is contagious. If that means we need to play Chuck more over the first 3 quarters, so be it, but Scola needs to be playing the entire 4th. I don't see us losing these leads with a lineup of Rafer, Tmac, Battier, Scola, Yao in the 4th. Hell, if we need speed (if we're playing against PHX or GSW, for instance) we could even slide Rafer over to the 2, T-Mac over to the 3, and have AB play PG. I just get a bad feeling when we're running Luther and Bonzi out there during crunch time. Neither one of those guys is mentally tough enough to execute on both ends of the court when the game is on the line.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

U are right. No matter what Scola, Chuck, and Battier hustle every play. Luther and Rafer make mistakes and jog back on defense. Luther has the lowest IQ of any baller I know.

7. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Then Jonathan Feigen is also faking up Yao Ming's quote then. :rolleyes:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3384586&postcount=43

8. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

C'MON......I did not fake those up. :mad: Jonathan Feigen also wrote about the same quotes from Big Yao.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3384586&postcount=43

So you think the US and Chinese media are conspiring together to taint Big Yao's image, reputation and character?

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Read the whole post...esp. the last paragraph.I like Feigen but he is the mouthpiece of the Rox.....going with the party line.Of course Yao is going to voice frustration with not closing out games right now,but he knows already what is coMING down the road when this team has the right pieces around him and they are playing at peak efficiency....titles.

And remember I see you as the exception for the most part.

When you first came on and started posting I thought it quite refreshing after being here for so long.
    But you must admit there are those that are out of control.Of course we're going to experience growing pains while everyone is integrated in,but it's been going on for quite awhile now.Overrall I see this as a wonderful community that is worldwide and am proud to be a part of it.You,Pryuen(and Wind and Sea earlier) have been instrumental in getting us all together as best you can as well as providing great inside info (and pics)..lol on Yao.

This wasn't aimed at you personally,no matter how it sounds.In fact I admire the work you've done and enjoy what you bring to the forum.

I'm sorry if I offended you.
    Peace,Doc :cool:

BTW....When I capitalized YOUR I was trying to make it clear that I was setting you apart from the rest.

#69 Plowman, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008