1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 1/15/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2008.

1. vietbz

vietbz Member

Well hopefully T-mac gets into shape fast, cuz we need him to take care of the ball during the 4 th quarter. Now I know why he was the main ball handler/passer/penetrator/shooter during the 4th and crunch time.
    We have no athletes, our guys are all running in quicksand, it looks slow and sluggish (except brooks and scola).

2. Pker

Pker Member

Ya right faith, look who we just played today. A back to back 76ers. You gotta be kiddin man. The Celtics can bounce back anytime they want, look at our record man we are at the borderline.

3. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

We have *no* room for error. The last two games may have just cost us the playoffs.

4. supermike

supermike Member

enough is enough. I am done with this season! I won't watch any rockets game this season until they get some serious improvement.

This kind of loss is unacceptable, disgusting and a totally waste of time.

I can't stand this team anymore! i don't want to be pissed off like that so often. I still get a life.

sixer scored 37 points in one quarter!! geez, this is totally unacceptable!

5. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always being a Houston sports fan would be the death of me. Seriously, Rockets (past 13 yrs), Stros, Texans and Luv Ya blue....

6. Pringles

Pringles Member

trust? these are grown men playing out their. when their benched, they shouldn't be crying like ak47, but having the heart to play even better when they go back out.

7. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Yao played well,Yao was perfect from the field well into the 3rd quarter, He played Big defense as well. Rafer and head couldn't make entry passes and threw the rythym off. Rafer was playing scared of his position and negative because miller was killing him. Rafer is a blame shifter and can't handle tough times. He folds,he was hating on brooks and just killed are Vibe with his negative T-mac attitude.

T-mac and rafer is a terrible attitude combination. straight negative

8. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

at a loss for words

9. Asian Sensation

Losses like today and the other day against the Hornets is what separates us normally from competing for home court advantage in the playoffs to playing on the road. This season, it means a spot in the playoffs or the lottery. 2008 Lottery here we come! Let's hope Derrick Rose falls to us and we can FINALLY have our true PG we've been looking for.

10. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

We need a starting pg and a backup sg badly

11. rocketsmetalspd

Man another loss at home will give the Rockets a .500 record at home and are .500 on the road and will have an overall record of .500. I hope Morey has some kind of move in mind that will help the team make a serious run at the playoffs. The Rockets are 3 games from the 8th spot and 4 games from the 7th spot.

12. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Um, please check my posts when we are playing well. I didn't say TMac makes our team worse. I did say that TMac *can* shoot us out of games.

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Maybe Miller would have owned Brooks. Who cares? He owned Alston. There would have been no difference on defense in that fourth quarter because as far as I can tell Alston didn't play any.

Look, it doesn't matter who the player is. If it's not Yao or T-Mac if they can't get the job done they should sit. Alston looked completely lethargic out there. He couldn't be bothered to run back and play D. He deserved to sit on the bench. The rookies have played hard and have never, ever given up. They deserved the minutes tonight, not guys like Alston and Head.

If Alston turns it around next game, fine. But he is clearly not the type of guy who can run the offense for the whole season. I was hoping that the PG problem was settled since it looks like the Rockets have a viable alternative in Brooks. What's the point of having a backup if you don't use it when you need it?

14. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

This board is lighting up, Listen to me stupid HEAD

15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

This game and the last game is the reason why we can't trade T-Mac.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

The last two games may have sent T-Mac to another team.

Judging from the way Les Alexander fired JVG, and how he has about a four-year window of patience, T-Mac is not going to be around next season if we don't make the playoffs. Doesn't matter if he was in this game or not.

17. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

You can deal with what andre miller woudl have done to brooks.We had the lead,You use rafer until crunch time and you allow brooks with his speed and bettr decison making skills to close the game. Rafer has a defeated attitude and is only 3worried about being benched.

18. Rocketsgo

Rocketsgo Member

I can't agree with Pueblo more. Even if Tmac returns, I still can't hope much for this team in the playoff. We badly need a upgraded point guard, a penetrator,and someone who can handle the ball well at cruntch time. :mad:

19. Herb

Herb Member

This loss is defintely the coaches fault. The player rotation was just horrible in the second half. I can't believe they went back to standing around on offense after what happened last game. That is just ridiculous.

The rookies really deserved more time. Only Scola and Yao deserved their minutes.

20. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Got home late and started watching the game from the 2nd quarter. Had a bad feeling about the game although we were up by a few points. The reason is that I looked at the score and saw that we allowed Philly over 30 points in the 1st quarter. Last year, with D as our trademark, Philly would have been lucky to score 11 points in the first quarter. We did not lose the game because Yao was unclutch or the offense stagnating. We lost because the team did not play any D. Our offense is fools gold as was demonstrated by NO. When we made the comeback in Boston, it started with suffocating and tenacious D.