1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike James sucks thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rock8ts, Jan 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Now, my favourite moment of Mike James is that everytime James drives to the hoop for layup and runs into a crowd, he will let out a big, loud "argh".

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

I'm not exactly trusting any of our Veteran Pt Guards either at this point.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Give the guy a break. He'll help us in the playoffs ( if we make it there)

4. poprocks

poprocks Member

How can he help us in the playoffs? It's like the Olympic Trials. You take the guys that perform best in the Olympic Qualifying Trials. If the regular season is like the Olympic Trials then Mike James gets a resounding no!

5. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

I dare anyone of you on this bbs to go up to Mike James and say that!... :D

Say it to his face!!!

6. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

i still have faith in mike james. he's probably our best scoring guard, but the problem is all mental right now. hopefully he gets it together b/c we could really use him.

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He sucked last yr and he sucks now...

And where would his minutes go? Head, Bonzi, and AB are all better than that chucker.

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

they will have some off nights so if Mike takes this positively he'll overcome this slump soon.

9. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Mike James has had almost 4 months off

10. marshield

marshield Member

he sucked big time. there's no chemistry between him and the rest of the squad

11. H-town_playa2k2

Mike James is not happy according to FOX26, there about to talk about it right now.

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Yeah, sure.

And so many here were saying how much Head sucked not long ago.

And how much Bonzi sucked.

And how much Rafer sucked, even though you apparently can't seem to give him props yet.

No reason Mike James can't do a 180 like so many others have.

If he quits on the team that's a different story, but if he's trying... then it's just a dumb arse thread that intends to bash one of our players in a slump. It's the 'fans' like that who suck.

13. Fuse

Fuse Member

i was never very supportive of the james trade. i wanted j. howard to be packaged for an impact 4. oh well,

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

[​IMG]

Mike James is the Man! He can do it all! Mike has all the skillz to be the leader of the team. Set Mike Free. He will score 30 ppg for the Rockets. Just wait and see. Adleman will play him 40 mpg and then you will see how good he really is!

15. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I said Head sucked long ago and I still say that everyday and he proves me right everyday.
    Bonzi can have a couple of games here and there but not consistent what so ever
    Rafer deserves a lot of props, he is a lot better than M.James, thats why he is starting.
    Mike James will forever suck cus he is too dumb to know what to do

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Just brilliant.

Then I guess he got hit in the head in the last 1 1/2 years? Mike James is just 1.5 seasons aways from his 20 ppg, 6 apg (>2 t/o ratio), 3 rpg season on 47% shooting and 44% from the 3.

I don't care for him at the point but he certainly has proven that he can play ball, and it's more reasonable to assume that he is just in a slump than suddenly 'too dumb to know what to do'.

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rockets have too many guards who deserve playing time. Players like James/Head shouldn't be collecting DNPs and Bonzi shouldn't be playing at the 4 just to get minutes. They need a 2/3 for 1 trade to cut down the clutter.

18. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

He also singlehandedly shot the raps out of many games with his last-second ballhogging. There's a reason Raps fans don't shed too many tears that he's gone.

19. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Haha! Another guy who talks basketball from reading box scores.

The Craptors are my hometown team. I have been watching the Craptors since they came in town. Every point guard play (Rafer Alston, Mike James, TJ Ford & Jose Calderon) for Sam Mitchell would have kind of a career year. Nothing new! That's a product of the black magic of Sam Mitchell and the Craptors' basketball. Even if Luther Head plays for Sam Mitchell and the Craptors, I am sure Head will have a career year of 20/5.

Want to find out more - please watch the Craptors and Sam Mitchell basketball. ;)

20. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

like Steve, they're both having a dilemna on the court, to pass or not to pass. oops, it's TO instead. :D