1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/13/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

Adelman is relyong too much on Yao this game, played him heavy minutes and just kept goint to him in crunch time. This is JVG ball, what happened to balance scoring, should've posted up Battier on Peja more, and should've played Brooks more minutes.

2. koreyby

koreyby Member

I am sick of saying he's our best player.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

That's why u have to keep the ball high and elbows up. I guess u have never seen the way they offiated a young shaq. If yao would come up with his elbows and broke a nose or loosened some teeth, that reaching would stop.

yao needs to get stronger and tougher. He isn't officiated any different than any other big man. Go watch the hacks and the pushing hakeem had to go thru.

4. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

tmac FOR C.Pual would be a nice trade for us....

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't even think Yao should have been in the game for that play. He serves no purpose, when you need a 3-point shot. Were the Rockets not allowed to sub Novak in for Yao on that dead ball?

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

The quality of our finishing at the rim was only matched by the terrible officiating down the stretch. Yao, just give it up. You will never get any respect in the NBA.

7. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

We lost because of what I was concerned about ... TURNOVERS! We fought back but, where was that the rest of the starting lineup. Scola 6 pts, 7 reb. (we needed better) I wish they would have put Landry and AB in the 4th. Not sure it would have been the difference but, maybe CP3 doesn't school him on an uncontested layup after Yao's FT put us up 82-81. Rafer blew it and the game! Thanks for nothing, Reefer! How many missed layups did he have? :mad:

Don't give me that good effort crap either. If the Rockets are to finally make some noise in the playoffs, they have win games like this.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Not a very good game from Alston, Hayes, Battier, and Head.

When Ryan Bowen was guarding Bonzi (especially in the 4th), Houston should've posted Wells up everytime on offense, but they didn't take advantage of this mismatch.

Overall, Rafer's defense on Chris Paul was very poor. It didn't really seem like Paul was trying that hard, but he had a real good game. Unfortunately, this is probably a sign of things to come in the playoffs as the Rockets opponent will likely have a very good point guard that will continue these types of performances against Rafer.

9. koreyby

koreyby Member

It's hard for him to do that, but I hope he will like to try it.

10. Bustnani

Bustnani Member

Yao's gotta play around the refs, when he's making his turn, can't he keep the ball up high so his defender can't slap the ball/arms?

11. ACL1

ACL1 Member

twice in the last two mintues- the most important one being in the 31sec mark with NO down by 1- chris paul rolls the ballthe entire half court withouth touching without any pressure and says time.
    it is a bumb defensive play to let that happen.
    in the last play, he rolled it to the half court then picked it up and drove on yao to have the NO have the go ahead lead.

12. Rowdie Brandon

we have to make the playoffs first.......I don't know if I can really say that the rockets are better than any team in front of them

that's expected against the better teams......

13. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Imagine if YAO did the same thing to the other, then Ref. definitely gave him many fouls. NBA refs need to be investigated for gambling.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Chris Paul would make any player's defense look poor. T-Mac likes to say that the opposition is "at his mercy". Well, the entire league is at Chris Paul's mercy.

15. KevinG

KevinG Member

yeah, right, that's the logic, hehe, TOF

16. casey001

casey001 Member

oh yeah... one other thing - I think when Tmac comes back he'll make us better, not worse, but in the meantime he should seriously stop doing interviews. It seems like he has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth. Did anyone else see this quote from Mcgrady in Jerome Solomon's article about his trade rumors:

"I think if you look at our schedule and some of the teams that we've been playing, it hasn't been the Dallases and San Antonios," McGrady said. "Although we have been playing extremely well, I think more so our schedule (has been) in our favor.

"It'll be interesting to see when we face those teams, if I'm not playing — like New Orleans (on Sunday afternoon) and the better teams in this league — to see how much improvement we've really made."

I'm not disagreeing that what he's saying is absolutely true, because it totally is. Everyone who's a fan or player knows this, but as a fellow teammate, do you have to rain on the parade? Am I being over sensitive about this quote? If this kind of talk from him didn't exist in a vacuum it'd be one thing, but his quotes are generally 'guys need to make shots' [or some vairance of 'it's not my fault'], or in the Denver game he gave a lackadaisical answer of sorts to either Cheryl Miller or Craig Sager when they asked him about the recent Rockets funk... I guess I'm just continually disappointed with his leadership skills moreso than his play, because I think he could be the difference maker for us when he gets back out on the court. I just wish he was a bit more inspiring. Just because you're thinking this stuff doesn't necessarily mean you always have to say it.

17. syin1

syin1 Member

Your logic is below zero. Winning 50 games doesn't mean he would help win this game. I like Tmac as a player because of his skills. I don't like him as a player because he is a mental weakie. I don't like him as a person because he is not mature and diplomatic enough (sometimes even pompous) to be a public figure. He is just the opposite of Shane battier. What, you've got a problem with that?

Yao being center spotlight but the team losing doesn't do good to me at all. Stop imaging things. I want Yao lead the team to win a championship. You have problem with that, too?

18. KevinG

KevinG Member

To all the T-Mac fans.

I thought that glass man said he would be back this game and never did. Then he said all our 5 wins mean nothing because it is below .50 game.

I am curious What would you say if we play Was after they win Boston, what would you say if we play Toronto after then win Portland.

We just have 5 straight wins, period, yeah, right, easy schedule, is this FXXXing guy could give team some credit when he is watching with 20 million paycheck???

yeah, right, to all TOF, I can't imagine the "PAIN" he has, are we paying him 20 million per year? for what, for all the pains he has.

If it is in corporate world and CEO uses family reason to explain the absence and company got some loss, bet who would be FIRED.

Jesus, people just give T-MAC too much excuse!!!

one week ago, I EXPECT he got his FXXXing ass and return to the lineup against Hornets. With his below West play, we might have won the game

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

the bottom line is that this year (2008), we have played scrub teams, except for NO and Boston. We lost those 2 games in a close-tight fashion. Both without TMAC. So right now I say the rox still need tmac to beat the really good teams.

tough loss.

I hope macs attitude is good and that he comes back soon.

20. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Logic, hardly, that is FCAT!

TOF, you show what an idiot you truley are , I am a ROCKET lover.