1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/13/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

We lost this game, because of stupid refrees. I never complained about them, but the last turnover call on Yao was just unacceptible. :mad:

2. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

The world "hates" Tmac for a reason. Face it.

3. hancock.corey

hancock.corey Member

WHY are you on this board? No offense.

4. ilomse

ilomse Member

damn from wut i like see, it's all the ****ing refs foul!!!!! despite the whole non call foulings.. come on!!! ****ing twice in a ****ing roll in last 1 mintes!!!, WTF!! can't even make a ****ing right call!!!!!!!!

5. rocketsmetalspd

Very nice game and try by the Rockets. Too many missed 3's, no calls that kept the Hornets in the game at the end and taking Scola on the play where CB3 gets to the hoop with ease. Scola should've been guarding West on that pick.

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Thats the thing, the Rockets were up 2 with the ball and in good position until the refs swallowed their whistles. To be in position like that with this kind of performance, unbelievable.

7. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF LAST PLAY WAS THAT????

DOES ADELMAN EVEN KNOW HOW TO DRAW UP PLAYS?

YAO SHOOTING THE THREE WHEN THERE WERE STILL 5 SECONDS LEFT??? HE COULD HAVE PASSED IT TO SOMEONE ELSE!

8. kalmanfilter

kalmanfilter Rookie

The 2 no-calls in the end cost the game.....
    Especially the 2nd one, very obviously it was a foul
    But I see the trend, Rockets will be making more noise soon.
    Scola and AB were just TERRIFIC
    One problem is our movement became predictable when ball went to Yao,
    A cutting Bonzi or Scola should be the solution.
    Sadly it was a loss, but I appreciate all the efforts from our Rockets.

9. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

The last call was rediculous by the refs. There was obviously a foul (slap on the arm) on Yao, the refs just ignored it and while the Hornets was on the fastbreak, Luther just touched the guy a little bit and they call that a foul. What a bunch of losers.

Yao for three, that was close but, i actually want to see him shoot more, if he starts to get comfortable shooting the three, that could be a great threat.

And one more thing, most of you will probably think what i am about to say is dumb, but that's just what i would do.
    Put Steve Novak in, yes i know, he didn't play the whole game, but so what? Anytime you put him in, his first three, he makes it. Go back to the one against the Timberwolves, he goes in, got him the ball, nice release, swish three. If he was in the game, i bet right now i would be watching overtime instead of being frustrated and typing this.

T-Yao (I so wish to take the T off.)

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I thought our offense was stagnant whenever Brooks wasn't in the game. The inability of Shane and Chuck to make a play on offense really slowed us down to begin each half as well. Yao was a horse in the second half, but we can't rely exclusively on him in the fourth quarter. Last few minutes of the game, on back to back possessions, we turn it over and give up transitions baskets. That killed us.

11. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Face what? Face the fact that Tmac haters are IDIOTS? :D

12. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Once TMac gets back, Either AB or Head won't play near as much, but we could cut Alstons minutes and give some of that to either one of them.

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Alston is a confidence player.

This game broke his confidence big time. He really wanted to prove himself against a quality team with a quality PG. He failed.

I expect some bad performances in coming games from him.

14. lalala902102001

Let's look at the positive side: the Hornets have been a tough matchup for the Rockets for the last couple of years and today we played them tougher than we did for a long time, even without TMac. The talent level on this team now is definitely higher than it was a year ago.

15. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

It wasn't a last play, He had no timeouts, the last play was fumbeled out of bounds the posession previously, the out of bounds play was manufactured because he was out of timeouts.

16. rocketsmetalspd

I really wanted the TEAM to win this game because of what T-Mac said on the video that the reason they were playing well was because of the schedule. This win would've shut him up about that, as it is the TEAM gave it one hell of try. I just hope the teams ahead of the Rockets don't get too far ahead.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We got robbed by the officiating. Really horrible calls at crucial junctures.

If you aren't going to call muggings on Yao, please don't call ticky tact stuff at the other end.

Other then that, I think Novak should have been used at the end of the game. Rafer driving against chandler and yao taking a 3 pointer didn't seem like the best offensive strategy when down by 3 and you got a guy like novak.

Isn't that what he's suppose to be used for? hitting 3's?

18. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

About this, I am not sure whether he was affected by Paul cause there must be a huge competetion between these two. People will compare Rafer with Paul in terms of their performance and etc. Rafer got a heavy burden?

Or just a coincidence he had a low game?

The fact is there that he was completely owned by Chris Paul. :mad:

19. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

Nice.

20. syin1

syin1 Member

Both played pretty well today. We are competing now.

The officiating today was horrible. How could those fouls no-calls? This is the reason I lost respect for NBA. It's serious lack of fairplay spirit for whatever reason.