1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans & Free Agent Running Backs.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tbplayer22, Dec 31, 2007.

1. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I'm just posting he is turning pro. I had no comments on him. Your the genius around here, answer your own questions.

2. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I think we'll be drafting Matt Schaub in the second round this year.

3. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Jeez, just asking a question ... EXCUSE ME!

Ok, gave you an opportunity to wow us and you respond by being an ass. Congratulations! :rolleyes: I'll spare you of future situations in the meantime.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

He said strong and heavy, not fat.

Jorvorskie has Dayne size and then some, all around his midsection. He is also not faster than Ron Dayne in any way, shape, or form. Dayne ran a 4.65 coming out of college. Jorvorskie was most recently timed at 4.9.

5. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Maybe we can trade Schaub for a 2nd round pick now that we know that he and Sage are interchangeable. Plus, Sage works cheap. We might even be able to get a 1st round pick from the Falcons. I hear they need a QB.

6. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

Well we can cross one off the list. Justin Fargas re-uped with the Raiders yesterday. Still hoping for Michael Turner though.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'd like Turner, too, but I think they're going to get one via the draft. There are so many this year that they can get a contributor in the 3rd or 4th.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Probably cheaper that way, too.

9. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

Since we don't have a 2nd rounder we have to shore up what we can via free agency. There are a ton of free agent running backs out there and the good free agents in the secondary are going to be getting a lot of cash. I'd like to see them get rb in free agency and then shore up the secondary and o-line in the draft.

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

well take justin fargas off the market for RBs

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If he were unrestricted, I'd like Derrick Ward. But his injury history makes me wary of losing a pick to bring him in, even if we can sign him on the cheap.

I do like Turner, but I would always shy away from the big money auction, especially in regards to a guy that's not shown what he can do as a full time starter.

Given our serious need for secondary help, in particular a safety that can protect us deep, I wouldn't look to draft a RB any sooner than the 4th round. Maybe that means we need another year of scrapping together a run game out of low end backs chipping away with 4 yd carries, but investing big in the backfield may not be the wisest thing we could do.

Evan

12. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

I wish there was a way to get ahmad bradshaw from the giants. I know he weighs only 198lbs but what i have seen from him in limited amount of time. He can make the one cut runs and has the super burst into the hole. He's a more of a Warrick Dunn with less breakaway speed but great acceleration. But unfortunately he's under contract up in NY.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Scratch Justin Fargas off your lists. :p