1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS3] HDMI cables

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Poloshirtbandit, Jan 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Monoprice rocks! I have bought all my hdmi cables from there and i have the hdmi switcher as well and it pretty much kicks ass.

2. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Right after Thanksgiving I found a deal on Amazon marketplace that can't be beat:

6-ft HDMI cable for $2.33

I ordered 4 and tested each of them. All good.

The shipping and handling cost slightly more than the cables themselves, but overall still dirt cheap.

The name of the store is Abacus Amazon Store, which I found through a search on HDMI cable on Amazon. Hope the deal is still there.

3. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Got mine here..

REAL CHEAP, works great.

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I second this

1.3a category 2 HDMI cable

and get a TV that has 1.3 HDMI.

The NEWER model Sharps have 1.3 HDMI. I have a Sharp LCD from FEB '07 that DOESNT have it. If it was made past SEPT. '07 it might have it. I say upgrade and maximize the PS3 potential. Xbox 360 doesnt have 1.3

(But what do I know, since I haven't done any side by side comparisons)

The tv you're looking at that size and at 720P, the difference in picture might be harder to notice anyways.

5. Poloshirtbandit

Yeah, I saw something similar but I wanted a TV too.

6. Poloshirtbandit

It's for a bedroom. I don't have a whole lot of space to work with.

7. shaunx

shaunx Member

Yup the brands really matter a lot ..by playing video games..we will be very much close to the tv than we usually do.so the pixels should be clear to avoid eye disease ,,then the electronic components might be pf low cost of low price tv so be careful of that...

8. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

So i'm thinking of getting a PS3 as well.

I have a duel monitor setup. a Dell 2407wfp and a HP w2207 both using the DVI from the dual DVI video card. How will I implement the PS3 into the setup conveniently?

Obviously I'll be wanting to play the PS3 on the 24" monitor but the DVI port is already being used?

Will I need a switch?

I'm guessing I need a dual HDMI input switch that that outputs to a single HDMI along with 2 DVI to HDMI? Tad bit confused at the moment.