1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rant] AT&T U-Verse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by docgundy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. docgundy

docgundy Member

Is it just me, or does this suck?

We got the Triple Play package a few months ago.

Internet's okay, not much of an upgrade.

Phone's all right, nothing great.

But the cable, it goes so dang slow, and the worst part: THE ROCKETS GAMES DON'T EVEN COME ON! It seems that every ROckets game is blacked out for some odd reason.

I called the company about a month and a half ago because I was having a Rockets party at my house, and the customer service was pitiful. The guy didn't even know who the Rockets were and he transferred me to someone else, who transferred me to someone else, and so on. Finally, I talked to the main manager, and he told me some BS I didn't understand, and by the time I hung up the phone, there were 2 minutes left in the game.

Am I the only one with this problem? I've been watching all the games via mms thanks to demon, but still, I am fed up with all these cable companies. I'm officially switching to dish.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

if you did a search of GARM for Uverse, you would find that you are FAR from the only one.

A shame...once again the hype far overstates the capabilties of the service.

For all the crap Comcast/TW has gotten here...Ive only missed 2 Rockets games due to technical problems in the last 4 years.

3. docgundy

docgundy Member

Well I haven't missed a game all season long thanks to Demon. But it sucks when people want to come over to watch and you're forced to watch it on a 17 inch laptop with the opposing team's commentators.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm thinking of dish or directv also. i don't like that other people have way more HD channels than me and they are paying less.

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

reset your modem and cable boxes and you'll never miss a game again.

I missed one preseason game and someone mentioned to do this. never had a problem since. great channel selection for low cost. internet is fine.

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I missed a couple of games when I first got it, but so far, haven't missed a game since.

7. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm confused. Why did you wait till January to start a rant when you were aware of the issue back in October??? :confused:

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wasn't this the service everyone was raving about like 8 months ago?

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

Same here.

10. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

Same here...they seemed to have fixed the problem as far as i can tell

11. shaunx

shaunx Member

usually online goes does like that..it will be damn slow...use router modem to attain best output

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

3.....2.....1.......Comcast for the win.....YESSSSSSSS!!!

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have U-verse, I live in Houston. Haven't missed a game so far.