1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL Playoffs] Wild Card Weekend

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Jet Blast, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Bucs
    Chargers
    Jags
    Washington

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Seattle
    Jacksonville
    Tampa Bay
    San Diego

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

-Seattle (tough at home, can pressure the QB, and Hasselbeck is good)
    -Bucs (I think the NYG are better, but the Bucs are fresher and at home)
    -Jville (losing Parker really hurts the Stealers offense, and the defense hasn't looked like a Stealer defense of late)
    -Chargers

I expect them all to be close. I don't see any offense capable of just laying it on their opponent's defenses.

I will say one more thing. KERRY COLLINS should start for the Titans. It has nothing to do with Vince Young throwing skills, which are better than credited, but it is because Vince Young is probably the best downfield threat at WR or TE the Titans have available. Could even pull some double reverse pass plays and such. Ya'll may think I am kidding. But I seriously see little other way the Titans will be able to move the ball--there are seriously like 10 college teams with better receiving threats at this point. Of course a problem with my theory is VY won't have his full legs--but that is just as relevant to his quarterbacking effectiveness. Overall the Titans are just in bad, bad, shape in this one. The Chargers defense is not a good one to face being 1 dimensional--not having downfield threats for either Collins or VY and nor having VY full legs to give a run threat on called pass plays leaves them little chance for success. But if their defense plays great and they get a couple of breaks (returns for TDs via D or special teams)--maybe the could pull out a really low scoring affair. VY would have to be superman, and merely not just a great athlete and good football player, to pull this game this.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NFL radio says VY is game time decision
    Scaife -out
    Williams -out
    Lendale White -did not practice

5. what

what Member

The chargers are going to have a tough time beating the Titans if albert haynesworth is fully healed. The titans can and will stop LT. Rivers, for as much as he was touted, is no better than VY at reading defenses. He might be worst. You basically have 2 running teams with two good defensives. The titans should have beat them last game, but the titans had 2 many 3 and outs and that one bad call on 4th and 5 and then the coin toss in overtime all combined to do the titans in.

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

LT went wild on them late and in OT. Don't know that anyone can stop or contain LT if Norv is smart enough not to forget about using him, even if it's just short passes to complement the run.

I don't like the Titans' chances at all. I'd like for them to pull it out, but their crappy receiving corp is even more decimated by the injuries to Roydell and Scaife. If the Titans can pull it out, I'd be extremely impressed. But with that said, I think they'll lose something like 27-13.

7. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

My picks are:

Jags
    Bucs
    Seahawks
    Chargers

8. brooksstephens

Pittsburgh has NEVER allowed a team to beat them at home twice in one season. Their QB Roethlisberger is having one of the best seasons of any QB in the league and has made the transition into an elite qb despite a very below averge O-line(sacked more than any qb).

I think the Steelers come out pissed in their own house and pull out the win.

Other picks:
    Chargers
    Redskins
    Giants(despite their horrible QB)

9. Mehdi

Mehdi Rookie

I got

Skins
    Giants
    Steelers
    Chargers

i really believe/hope these four teams win

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

It's going to be a blood bath. Two hard-nosed football teams with the same exact game plan and same exact strengths. I might be getting tickets so hopefully i'll be there to see a black & gold victory. :cool:

#30 baller4life315, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  11. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Redskins
    Jags will dominate the Steelers

Giants
    Chargers

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

as long as the dallas cowgirls dont make it to the super bowl ...i will be happy!

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

If I sit in the stands in the rain and watch the Chargers lose to Butt Adams trailer trash team, I will be cancelling my season tickets! This is a must win for the SD, Norv Turner, LT, and everyone else that blew it last year. They better get it done.

As a side note ... next time you think Houston has crappy fans and that they are all bandwagoners, remember that some cities don't even have good bandwagon fans. The game here almost got blacked out on TV. Unbelievable.

For the other games ...
    Wash, NYG, and Pittsburgh

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

You obviously have not watched the Chargers much. Philip Rivers has no problem reading defenses, he has problems not throwing the ball 10 yards over his receivers head this year.

The coin toss in overtime did the Titans in even though they got the ball back in overtime and went 3 and out again? Meanwhile the Chargers had 3 TD drives in a row to end the game after playing like crap for 3 quarters, and was STILL able to win the game on the road. Not to mention the Titans were pretty much at full strength compared to all the injuries they now currently have.

Not sure where you get the idea that the Titans are the better team, especially with who is missing for the Titans. Not saying they can't win, but to say it wouldn't be a huge upset is just flat out wrong. The rain is really going to help the Titans IMO though as they certainly are the more physical (and dirty) team.

15. 12 Tone Melody

Seahawks
    Jaguars
    Chargers
    Buccaneers

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the over in Wash. at Seattle.

The line has moved so much it's damn scary to bet the spread.
    But the Redskins have come on late and have a quarterback.

Lots of motivation for the Skins...improving team late,playoff game,Sean Taylor (who they will miss here,cuts both ways)

If I had to take a team,it's WASH.

Pitt. at home against Jacksonville has the makings of a classic.That said how many times have we seen high scoring blowouts there.My inclination is toward the under,but.......

I know everyone likes Jacksonville but I love Pitt as they are my sleeper.They will stop the run I think and get to the QB.
    They had nothing to play for in that last game against Balt.
    This is a team that had to regroup from important injuries and free agent losses.....They are ready.

Pitt. in a surprising blowout here at home.

Giants at TB

Gotta go with the Giants here,kinda like the over too....close game.

SD at home against Bud's team - BLOWOUT SD kicks the crap out of the Titans......over too.

#36 Plowman, Jan 5, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe the other people are at the zoo checking out siberian tigers

18. tulexan

tulexan Member

As much as I'd like to see the Skins advance because of what they've gone through, I don't see it happening.

Seattle - tough to beat at home
    TB - Eli sucks in the playoffs
    SD - Titans are banged up and outmatched
    J-Ville - Already beat Pitt in Pitt and now don't have to deal with Parker

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Seahawks and Jags win today. Bucs and Chargers hold serve tomorrow.

I want to pick the Skins but their margin for error to win is too thin. And if Seattle brings their "A" game they will win going away.

If the Jags and Steelers continue their recent trends, the Jags should come out on top. But this game is close to a pick 'em.

The Giants/Bucs is the weakest playoff game for me. Flip a coin.

The Chargers should wallop the Titans. This is the only one of the 4 games I feel very strongly about. The Titans only win if Phillip Rivers chokes big time.

20. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

Jags (lots of money on them at -2.5)
    Redskins
    Titans
    Bucs