1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Magic 1/4/2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 3, 2008.

1. choujie

choujie Member

I meant the way Bonzi attacks the basket, not the way Bonzi plays in pressure situation.

2. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

I dunno, 3 refs came to the conclusion it was in his hand. Yeah they were horrible all game, but could they be that bad to mess up a replay call? (probably, but o well)

3. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

And thank Jeebus!

4. conquistador#11

I'm loving rafer's out of body experience and I'm hoping it doesn't go away any time soon.
    as for the game, the rockets have to do a better job in defending the 3. great game and good night to all. I might actually get some sleep tonight. =)

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's too close to tell unless you examine it frame by frame. That's what multiple refs did, probably many more times than you did. If they weren't certain that it was a Rockets win, of course they would have called in favor of the home team.

Considering the situation, I'll trust the refs on this one.

6. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

i think that it was really close, but if you think about it, there is no way he elevated 5 inches or so and released the shot with .1 seconds left. im not sure if the lights were delayed, but i think that when espn zooms in on it tonight like they do, we will see that he still was touching (fingertips) the ball when 0.0 showed.

regardless, good win. besides the lack of defense on jameer nelson, the rockets played great. scola was very good. yao was good. bonzi made some bonzo decisions, but overall happy with their play.

oh- and best part of the game was seeing tmac acting like a leader, and for once showing up while injured.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

On that last call the ball was still in contact with his fingers when the red light went off...thus the shot is not good.

Good call......

DD

8. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

SO is A.brooks gonna get 20mins against nate robinson????

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Funny, was checking the scoreboard and Yahoo is giving us a 17-17 record.

I guess wins against the Knicks are just assumed these days? :confused:

10. jamfan74

jamfan74 Contributing Member

After the most horrific call on Yao, we deserve this fookin win. Who saw that charging foul on Yao when he just stood in the lane boxing out I think Howard with his back toward him. I was blown away they called a foul on YAO. I mean c'mon that was a Donaghy call....I'm so pissed but glad we won finally...

11. MyEyesSee

MyEyesSee Member

I will be at that game. It will be my first time seeing our Rockets in person. I can't wait! Rox will win!

12. YaoYiPower

YaoYiPower Member

It should be like this.

Associated Press: Yao scored more points and grabbed more rebounds than Dwight Howard, who fouled out of the game and should be fouled out long time ago. Rockets power up with a win over the Magic by a very close good call from the blind 3 mice.

13. choujie

choujie Member

For real, take Yao out at the end of the game or at the end of quarter for the last possesion has failed many times already.That cost use the game in Denver, and a few other lay-ups. RA never learns.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Worth mentioning...

Rafer hit the game winner right up against a 7 footer with his LEFT HAND!

Well done, Skip!

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Since when is 26/10 compared to 16/8 not evidance of ownage?

Yao beat Howard this time, plain and simple.

16. big11

big11 Contributing Member

Bonzi need to drive more and stop shooting those garbage jumper...

17. theoridgenator

Damn we got lucky, i'll take this win though. :D

18. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

looking at our schedule, we can end the season as the hottest team, we should! Its an easy schedule from here on out! I see no reason why we cant jump up into the higher seeds in the playoffs! We must beat the teams we are supposed to beat

19. Bob Monkeyson

Bob Monkeyson Member

what a game and what a break for the rockets, very very close call, but I think besides losing the lead at the end, we played good enough to deserve a win

great effort by a lot of players, especially rafer, making the last basket and playing a great game. Also RA put Brooks in to finish the game and he contributed, taking that charge in the final minutes. It's kinda strange that I don't think scola has been in the game in the final minutes yet this year, yet AB ended up being the first of the rookies to finish off a game. What I really liked was that T-mac actually came and supported his teammates tonight on the bench and I'd like to see more of that until he comes back. I just hope that this effort and the good play by the role players can continue when T-mac comes back.

20. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Guys can biatch Adelman whatever u want, but in reality, Adelman's offense gives the Rockets much better chance to win games even without T-Mac.

Cyle has always been right, Rafer Alston is an all-star. :D