1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone Offered Me....

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by RudyTBag, Jan 2, 2008.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hedo Turkoglu for Richard Jefferson....

I am far ahead in Points and FTM, but Hedo scares me.....

Will he keep up this kind of production ?

2. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I think he will. I was lucky enough to get him earlier this season for Martell Webster (when he was on a streak) and Udonis Haslem. He has been one of the most consistent players on my squad this season and I don't see any reason why he would slow down.

3. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

So would you pull the trigger on that one?

4. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

[​IMG]

I like what I see from Turkoglu - I wouldn't have expected it going into this season, but he should continue to have a very productive season (same vibe as Okur last season).

I assume you are playing a rotisserie league since said you were way ahead in a couple of categories. Thus you will be picking up another assist, 2 more rebounds per game and more 3 pts per game while only slightly sacrificing in your shooting percentages.

Not sure if you are even playing FT% since you mentioned FTM, so basically you are gaining in possible categories of need without sacrificing too much of your strengths.

Since someone offered you this deal, I would look over that other team to see if you can upgrade at another position in a 2 for 2 trade.

5. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Thanks for the response!
    Yeah I am playing a 12 Cat Roto league and FTM and FT% are part of it, along with pretty much every other stat....
    Thanks again for the in-depth reply,

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Keep Jefferson.....stay away from Turkey Glue.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Why ?

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Well, Jefferson, barring any injuries, will certainly maintain his averages. I personally am not convinced Turkey Glue can keep them up over the course of the season.

Just one guy's opinion. Turkey Glue has been a nice fantasy surprise this year, but I would have a nearly impossible time trading Jefferson for him straight up.

9. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Actually Jefferson's been slowing down. I think this is a fair trade. But like someone said you should try to milk out a 2 for 2 deal in your favor. Turkoglu is awesome this year.

10. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

I'd do it.

Turkoglu has been good all year, they put up similar numbers. But Hedo plays for a better team.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Jefferson scores and little else.

Turkoglu gives better all around numbers.

I gave up Jefferson (as I , like the OP , was 1st in pts and FT% by a long way) for Rasheed Wallace a few weeks back and am loving the results.

Sheed doesnt usaully score much - but the 3's - steals - blocks are there, which are tough cats from the PF/C spots.

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

What is your definition of slowing down? Jefferson averaged 16.3 or so last season, and he's averaging nearly 9 more point per game this year.

I don't see that as any sort of decline there. He's not going to get 15-20 shots every night simply because he has Carter and Kidd on his team. But he's definitely a stable, solid, consistent performer.

He's shooting just over 83% from the line, and averaging almost 10 FT attempts per game.

I have him on my fantasy team, and he's absolutely killing it! He's my second leading fantasy point scorer behind LeBron.

I am just not convinced that Hedo can keep up his current production. If I'm wrong, great. But I still would not trade Jefferson for him straight up.

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

As a side note, the free throw thing alone is a big difference maker. I guess it depends on your league, and whether you get points for attempts and/or makes.

Hedo - 4.82 FT attempts per game
    Jefferson - 9.83 FT attempts per game

The other stats are so similar, it's a close call. But the FT's for me make a big difference. That, and again, it's Hedo.....and historically he's not had this type of production consistently, which makes me leary of letting Jefferson go for him.

14. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

id do it it seems pretty fair r-jeff it amazin