1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[bowl game] Ags v Paterno

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohen, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Gig'em! (One day of the year :) )

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

What a shock...Ags up 14-0...now down 17-14.

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yes its amazing that such an insurmountable first quarter lead could be lost. Check the record books, has anyone ever lost after being up by a whole 14 points.

It sure is a hell of a lot better than last year in the Holiday Bowl.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I didn't know it was a first quarter lead cause like the majority of the country I'm not watching it...just looked at the score.

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Aggies lose. Yell Leader hides in shame.

6. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Poor Japorkskie ...

[​IMG]

7. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Oh well...life sucks sometimes. Last game under that coaching staff with Darnell at the helm (only the AD knows why they did that). Not shocking that it was not a very good effort.

The play 4th and 1 inside the 5 was the dumbest thing I have seen in a while. No way that call is made next year under Sherman.

8. Refman

I knew somebody was going to mention this. I just didn't know that they would be so clever making fun of his weight by butchering his name. :rolleyes:

Hey, the guy shows that he gives a damn. Over the last month, he lost his head coach, and this was his last game playing for his coordinator. He had a chance to be a difference maker late in the game. The interim coach pulled him in that critical situation. Make fun of him if you'd like to...I just wouldn't do it to his face. ;)

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I was actually rooting for A&M in this match-up. Aggy can make an unabashed mockery of McCoy's name and I can't do the same for Lane?

There's a difference from being pissed off / disappointed about not being in the game during a crucial play and throwing a temper-tantrum on national TV and then crying about it. It's the Alamo Bowl for Christ's sake.

I remember when Reggie Bush was out of the Rose Bowl game on 4th and 2 late in the 4th quarter in the National Title Game in what he knew was going to be his last game. You know he wanted to be in there but the play wasn't designed for him - players can't meltdown like Lane did on the sidelines tonight.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOLOL

11. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

You know if you lose because, the other team was better that's one thing but, come on ... the Ags gave this game. Take away a dumbass play that had a brutal end, giving Brittany's Lions shop on the Ags 10 and oh what a shock! Tie game then, to go 90+ yards and instead of kicking the FG at about the 8-9 min mark of the 4th, you go for it and ugh ... pathetic! :rolleyes:

Take away those two plays and Ags win 20-17. Unbelievable!

The Ags deserved to lose this game and they did. The football team should apologize to the entire student body because, I've seen better HS football than that pathetic exhibition.

What is it about the Ags and fear of winning a bowl game?

Do they enjoy having their fans put in one torture chamber after another? Where's the MF'n leadership? No one took charge.

All amassed to another Aggie embarrassment in a bowl game!

Ags talk smack but, bottom line ...

Horns have won 6 of last 7 bowl games. 7 years of 10+ wins meanwhile, in Aggieland it's one excuse after another.

Hopefully, Sherman can at least make this a real rivalry with the Horns again because up to this point, the last decade has been largely an embarrassment in Aggieland. Bring something called PRIDE back to College Station. It's embarrassing what we've been exposed to of recent. Just pathetic! :rolleyes:

12. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Have you EVER thought a team you were rooting against deserved to win?

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Not when the team I'm rooting for plays like **** and could have won but, uh .. we're the Ags and we don't win bowl games.

Like I said, it's hard to say Brittany's Lions earned the W when you gift wrap a TD for them and then, a 8-9 min drive and you come away with ZERO points.

So, NO if the Penn **** would've won by out executing the Ags I'd be the first to say Congrats but, it was clearly more the Ags playing mind numbingly stupid than the Petty Lions playing great.

It is what it is and like I said hopefully Sherman can bump up the collective football IQ of this program because they sorely need it. :rolleyes:

14. flipmode

flipmode Member

You know, because it's all kosher when you make fun of a potential life-changing injury from a cheap shot. "Cart McCry" - get it? Because he had to be "cart"ed off the field with his neck and head immobilized... and forget that he didn't actually cry, but he sure looked like he was gonna!

Now, Jorvorskie, that's way different, I mean, the whole world is putting pressure on him to weigh more than his offensive line counterparts. They're so inhumane... his coaches, personal trainers, team nutritionists, private dining hall, strength coaches... it's so mean to call him fat. Nobody ever makes fun of fat people! And he's crying, too - lay off, crying could really damage your eyes for LIFE!

(Now, this is how you properly use the :rolleyes: icon.)

15. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

WTF?

6 and a half minutes left and down by only a TD and he's crying like a b****?

Wow. That'll motivate your teammates.

:rolleyes:

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Actually it would. I guess you prefer a McGrady smile after he misses a 17ft jumper late in the 4th?

17. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

Just imagine what the score would have been if Penn State had a real quarterback!

18. danny317

danny317 Member

i hope sherman is good at resurrections cause the aggie football program is already in the grave.

19. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Other than the cheating years and the momentum following that period, has A$M ever been good?

Seriously. The stuff they did (Eric Dickerson's TransAm, a bunch of players fake work for money, etc) deserved the death penalty but the NCAA didn't whack them like SMU

20. Refman

Why would A&M give Dickerson a TransAm when he played for SMU? It was SMU paying players out of a slush fund operated by the governor of Texas while Dickerson was at SMU that got them the death penalty.

As for a "bunch of players fake work for money," it was 1994...it was ONE player (Greg Hill), and the university didn't set that job up. It was an alum who was later disassociated from the program for several years, and unless RC Slocum followed all of the players to their summer jobs, he'd have no idea who showed up for work and who didn't.

Overall...dumb post.