1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 full seasons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Would you sign right now for a 52 win season and first round 7 game series with game 7 at home and see what happens?

I would in a NANO-NANO-NANO-NANO SECOND.

Or how about this.

We go 44 wins this year. Next year, we go 50 wins. Both with 1st round losses. But we have the right players then. Yao is just hitting 28 or so. Myabe his peaking. Maybe he has already peaked. And T-Mac is 139 years old.

Portland is better. Utah is better. Lakers are better (Kobe only 31, by the way), Spurs are still great (Duncan about 33, by the way with Parker not even 30 yet), Dallas is there still prime, Phoenix has Stoudamire peaking with Nash maybe on his way down acting like a wise John Stockton....

Ya, I say we should give it two years as fans. But as realistic as it is on the court, we might not be able to.

Then what?

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If we don't make the playoffs, ship his ass out the door. There is no reason for a team with more talent than last year to miss the playoffs. I don't even know if he'd still be around if we don't get out the first round.

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Im not making any pact and Im not giving anyone 2 full seasons.

Ive waited 10 years for the Rockets to win a playoff series and my patience is thin.

Its up to the management and coaches to light a fire under the asses of this team and get it moving in the right direction. If the pieces aren't fitting - then its time to make more changes.

No more excuses - Win!!

4. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

It's Time, isn't it?

Make it pass the 1st round of the play-offs. Otherwise it's a complete total failure.

No excuses. Second half of season should be easier schedule-wise, and more time for the team to get it together. If they can't do it by then...

Shake it like a polaroid picture.