1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WWII] Remember 'Rape of Nanjing' - 70 Years After

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by yuantian, Dec 13, 2007.

1. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Your argument is flawed on so many different levels. How do you know they don't protest the Mao's purges? Do they have to say something about Mao every time before they protest the Japanese? So, in your opinion, what are the Jews supposed to do every time before they protest the Nazi Holocaust? Like someone has pointed out, you keep bringing up the hypocrisy issue in this discussion but you seem to be the most hypocritical poster.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I am not sure SM is one of those, but there are many people in the US that dislike China for one reason or another, it could be the so called "communist" government, the Chinese capitalistic manufacturing power taking away US jobs, the threat of China over taking US as the dominating world power in the future, the human right issues China have, the tibet issue, the taiwan issue, the list goes on and on. So don't be surprised if many people come out aginst China on here in various threads.

3. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

u have no point, frankly u do not have any relatives who gone through the occupation, u have not listened to first hand accounts of what happened during that time. do not presume u know more than the people who were there. Yes Mao did stupid things which caused much suffering, BUT they were in no way equal to what the Japanese did. u have no right to tell people ,who suffered or had family who suffered at the hands of japanese troops, not to be pissed. if they like mao thats their business, it doesnt mean they cant be mad at what japan did especially the continuing denial of their atrocities.

4. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

I agree, as i pointed out in an earlier post, there are also those who claim to have "spoken to" or "know" many japanese or "been" to japan, and now they think they know so much of what happened.

5. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

I can't speak for Darock1, but I am a Taiwanese and therefore you can bet your house on it that I have problem with at least one of the issues that you have listed above. But I would never be hypocritical like StupidMoniker to attack the guys who protest the Japanese brutality just because of my problem with China for another totally unrelated reason. You just don't use a human tragedy like the Nanjing Massacre to prove your hatred towards a country. How much more low can one get? And the fact that he had openly admitted that he was a hypocrite in this issue is just astonishing. But then he still shamelessly carry on the debate and keep repeating his asinine arguments in order to frame the people who protest the Nanjing Massacre as hypocrites while he is the obvious hypocrite here. All I can say is: WOW.

6. MFW

MFW Member

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I said considering my family was driven out of China by the Communists yes its true that not all Chinese supported Mao. Indeed many millions didn't. that still doesn't change that the horrors of the CR/GLF and the Chinese civil war were internal matters of China. While that doesn't excuse those at all there is a difference between that and a foreign invasion.

So I would agree that the history of civil war and CR/GLF shouldn't be whitewashed and that should be part of the record of Mao but that still doesn't mean that the Japanese should be whitewashing their history or that those who suffered under heel of the Japanese Imperial Army shouldn't call the Japanese on that.

8. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

SM

What you dont understand (not been Chinese) is the fact that

Mao, at the end of the day has done just as much good as he has done bad, some may argue otherwise but in short

1. He saved China from Japan - hence saved millions of lives
    2. Killed millions

Most chinese would take the simple route and say "yep they cancel each other out" hence there are no hate and no love for this guy,

Japan DID NOT save jack*****, soo your arguement does not stand.

9. syin1

syin1 Member

Hahaha, SM has been beaten to death. Good job, guys :D

Politics is always a touchy issue. As everybody wants to do things his own way, a person or a certain people (i.e. race) would like to convince others that his/their way is the "right" way. If they somehow gain power, usually an arrogant attitude is formed, and that's why there have been so many supremacists in this world since the beginning of human history (by the way, the human civilization has not just existed for 4,500 years when Jesus created everything). Because they are so full of themselves, arrogant people despise others so much that they become too ignorant, especially about other people's history and culture. A lot of times it is the origin of their downfall. See ancient Rome and 19th century's China.

SM's mentality could very well fit into this supremacy mode. I am not saying he is a KKK member (most of KKK members are white losers in America anyways), but he hold a very racism attitude toward the Chinese. In an irrelevant argument, as many of you pointed out, he spins every fact possible to fit in his indictment---Mao is an evil man, a dictator, as the powerful western mainstream media has been trying to feed the mass. Yall's effort to try to argue with him has been proven futile. He is not insensitive, but rather hostile to most Chinese people's feelings and attitude towards Mao, who was never a perfect man, but a man in possession of enormous talents---a great strategist, politician, revolutionist and even great poet and calligrapher, a giant who had imprinted his footsteps in modern Chinese history, and most of all, a national hero, hear it out loud, a patriotic hero. Demoralizing Mao is an attempt to demonizing the Chinese people as a race and they will pretend they love the Chinese people. Many western countries and their people hated him because he led the Chinese to kick out the long foreign dominance in China since the opium war, to regain China the sovernity country status, and to pave the way for a better life for the Chinese people. That certainly hurt the pride of the western colonists, who thought they should split and rule China forever (They are still trying to do this today, i.e. Taiwan and Tibet). He even sent the Chinese army to fight the western army in Korea (including his eldest son, who died in an American air raid) to show that the Chinese dare and know how to fight and win a war in Korea with a vastly inferior logistics and weaponry but inconceivable determination. In addition, the Chinese custom and culture are so different from the west, the deep-rooted hostility toward China and the Chinese has been ingrained in some westerner's mind forever. When "communist China", "red storm", and “yellow peril" are fan fared in American media, the hate is just so palpable.

Supremacists always have double standards and the smart asses of them often pretend to be humanitarians. For example, they always spread the propaganda that the Chinese in China are suppressed, but they mistreat the ethnic Chinese---to a greater extend the Asians---in America, and put down them in media and pop culture without any hesitation. They made a huge deal out of the tragedy 911 incident costing 3,000 American lives (rightfully so to their standpoint), never thinking of the reasons behind it, except just putting an evil stamp on some Muslim people. Then they went to Iraq war based on a white lie---they don't need good reason anyways as the government want to take control of the whole mideast (hint, Iran is the next and the final one) ---to cause the death of more than half a million Iraqi civilians. Now they want to retreat from Iraq not because they think it's morally wrong to intrude a sovenreity country and destroyed the people's life there, but because the war costs American lives and tax money and they could not sustain the war anymore, after all, they are very pragmatic people and they obey the jungle rule and social Darwinism. From all these policies, we could feel the long shadow of certain supremacism and imperialism. Simply put, they believe that fists can solve all the problems. It’s sad, sad that the strong always bully the weak. History is repeating itself like no other.

China is still a developing country in most social aspects but is catching up very quick. I'm very glad China is not a small country like Argintina or Iraq whose sovernity was severely raped by foreign supremacists. The power race is on, and bring on all the haters.

PS, I must be drunk today. Merry Christmas and happy new year, Y'all!! including you, stupidmoniker! For god's sake, I don't want use rascism again a rascist :D :cool:

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

^^

what the hell?

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm so tempted to bust out that Youtube of Miss South Carolina.

12. syin1

syin1 Member

Did I hit a nerve or something?

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I dont agree with SM at all, but your post is ridiculous.

14. syin1

syin1 Member

why? You can't take harsh words? Please enlighten me which part you don't like. Or you just don't like me to defend Mao?

15. danny317

danny317 Member

??? ok, step away from the crack pipe...

16. syin1

syin1 Member

Wow, another wise response. I'm so intimidated by your intelligence :eek:

17. danny317

danny317 Member

hahahahahahahaha

:p

18. girlnextdoor

girlnextdoor Member

haha my thoughts exactly... i'm like WTF?!!!

19. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Wow, I go without regular Internet access for a little while and I am apparently fleeing from the D&D or beaten to death, according to who you ask. I won't go into how ridiculous Syin's post is. I will address this though:
    I have all the proof that is necessary to back up my statements. Perhaps you would like to re-read what I posted. I never made any claim that there were 27M deaths, so there is no need for me to prove such a claim. I did say that there were deaths from purges and labor/death camps, which I don't think anyone is denying. I also said that there were estimates of the numbers of such deaths that ranged as high as 27M. When asked for proof I gave the names of the people/agencies that gave those estimates. That should be sufficient proof that the estimates exist. Photographs of mass graves would not be proof of the existence of estimates ranging as high as 27M at all, they would go toward proving the legitimacy of those estimates, but I have never agreed to take on that task, and at this point I would think it would be impossible to do, especially for an individual with limited resources. That is not to say that the estimates are necessarily wrong, only that we will likely never know the true numbers.

20. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

Syin1 is an idiot. You are a hypocrite. Neither of you is better than the other.