1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 12/22/2007

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 21, 2007.

1. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

2. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

are you kidding me? oh wait, i think you are.

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Things are starting to come together. Everyone on the team is making shots, we're getting out on the fast break, good games by Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks, and Tmac came to play today.

4. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

We Just need patience. They should be running this offense great by the All-Star break. One thing is for sure, this offense runs really good with Aaron Brooks and Luther Head out there. Brooks is really good at the drive and kick. Its time to deal James or Francis because there best years are behind them. Its time to let this rook get experience.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes, after a sluggish start :eek: :eek: :eek:

hope yao's thumb is ok and lets go to motown and kick some azz :eek:

6. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

I don't know why but Yao Ming is shooting a horrible percentage this year, and this continues on til today...6-14 by Yao.

He is already under the .500 field goal percentage. That continues to bother me.

And everytime Yao shoots one of those long jumpers that Yi usually drains, Yao misses...

7. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

And you seem like a prick.

8. The Brian

The Brian Member

alston and brooks seem to me like our best pg's.

head and wells have shown a lot of value.

and scola's hustle and intensity are helpful as he gets comfortable to nba play.

9. exiaol

exiaol Contributing Member

Great Win!
    I agree with what Bill said, Rockets lost the Denver game; however, that game gave our role players confidence back. Denver game was the Turning Point!

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

another good thing of head and AB tandem, it let's Head be what he is, a natural 2 instead of a forced PG

11. johnrox

johnrox Member

yao is spending a lot more time on the perimeter, he's got a nice shot but for a 7 6 guy, 3 feet in will always be the high percentage shot to take

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

By the way,

Am I the only one who noticed HOW HARD Scola plays?? I'm not talking about theoffensive boards, which was awesome of course. But I'm talking about running full speed down the court, and then running ALL THE WAY back full speed on defense. CONSTANT ENERGY. There were times he'd run back and the Bulls would get off a quick jumper, he'd get back fast enough to inbound the ball. :eek: I was AMAZED by his physical condition. He kept up that pace the entire game!

Great game Rockets!

ps. I really like I second unit. It's like a breath of fresh air and they play really well together. So for the same reason, I'm hesitant to instantly "start" a player because they played well today. I think we should let this group play together more and see what comes out of it. :)

13. luisantonio1014

We gotta play like this every game. Brooks is getting better and penetrating, Luther is more confident in his shot, and Scola is more comfortable and hustling.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Rockets are 9wins 2losses against the Bulls in 6 seasons. Wait until they play a team that doesn't hari kiri themselves at the sight of a Rockets jersey.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This, I think is what Rick Adelman had in mind in running his offense with this team. As much as I've criticised Wells early in the season, he's picked up his play a notch and it seems Rick was right in keep on playing him.

16. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yi Jianlian breaking out against Charlotte...

29pts on 14-17 FG, 10reb, 3ast, 3stl, 1blk

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, that's what happens when you have your 7'6 Center that is dominant down low, shoot long jumpers. Teams much rather have him shoot those jumpers than pounding their Centers in the paint.

18. johnrox

johnrox Member

like the mavs

19. theoridgenator

good game tonight. 7 players in double figures. :eek:

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Sorry, but who cares? He has no relations to the Rockets. Take that Yi talk in the NBA forum.